23/24 season

TomTom92

I’m not saying I expect this but wouldn’t it be just a brilliant season to run away with the league playing high intensity football. 

best chance we’ve ever had since I’ve been a season ticket holder to win a league title 😂 

I think minimum expectation for the club would be top 6 but expecting a push on the top two. 

17 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m not saying I expect this but wouldn’t it be just a brilliant season to run away with the league playing high intensity football. 

best chance we’ve ever had since I’ve been a season ticket holder to win a league title 😂 

I think minimum expectation for the club would be top 6 but expecting a push on the top two. 

I agree, a trophy presentation at Pride Park, not having to waste all that time and money on an expensive trip to corporate Wembley (how I hate putting money in those coffers!) 

Players on the beach early doors, resting up for the Championship and a clear run for Warne at the transfer markets.

We can but dream, even though we know Derby don't do straightforward! 

Out of the teams to watch for only Barnsley worry me. If they keep their manager then they will be a real threat.

Of the teams coming down, Wigan are a basket case, honestly don't know about Blackpool but Reading are an interesting one.

I'd got them down as another basket case and some of their fans also believe that.

However, some of their fans seem to think that Chris Wilder will be their new manager and their owner has money to spend ?

Peterborough may have some financial difficulties, their stadium ownership recently went into administration and they've put a lot of players on the list.

As for a surprise package for next season, maybe Bristol Rovers ? & I think Burton could do well

Edited by SamUltraRam

Don't forget our "friends" Wycombe Wanderers, as well as Portsmouth, which, I think, will be in the mix for at least the play-off positions.

However, I agree with many on here, automatic promotion must be the aim next season, and absolutely nothing lower than the play-offs.

Other have said it. Automatic promotion should be the expectation given the financial difference between the rest of the league. We've seen from this last season that there is no room for a slow start. I think Barnsley did better than anyone from October and still finished 4th. From the first game of the season, every match is key and every 3 points vital in the push to get promoted from this awful place we find ourselves in.

Promotion is the aim. I will expect nothing until I've seen who the 10 to 12 new players are, how quickly they gel (or not) and how things go in the opening 12 games. Only then will we know where we stand. The rest is simply wishful thinking.

Of course we should do better than 7th. Huddersfield expected to do well having lost out to the Red Dogs at Wembley... they nearly joined us here in L1.

The moves you make in recruitment and how they work out will determine how well you do in the League. The aim will be to do better than this time round. It's not a given. Over to you Mr Warne.

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am sure the likes of Ipswich, Florist, Sunderland, Portsmouth all thought the same. Reality is that this division is very difficult to get out of…

I keep seeing this, but having watched it this season - I can’t for the life of me why. In terms of quality, it’s poor and teams typically need 10 chances to score 1 goal. 

I came into it not expecting much and having watched a full season of it - it’s worse than I anticipated. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I keep seeing this, but having watched it this season - I can’t for the life of me why. In terms of quality, it’s poor and teams typically need 10 chances to score 1 goal. 

I came into it not expecting much and having watched a full season of it - it’s worse than I anticipated. 

I think those teams typically came down with a financial burden of a Championship wage bill and the demoralising effects of a relegation which had been justified by just how poor they'd been.

We came down with very little in the way of excess wages and had the chance to build almost from scratch, with the knowledge that out relegation wasn't down to our efforts on the pitch but due to powers above the team / manager. 

If you look at at Wigan (to a point!) you see what can be achieved - they were relegated due to points deductions, lost 15+ players and after one season on building they were promoted back to the Championship the next (regardless of what followed)... although apparently us facilitating their redevelopment by taking players off their wage bill was some sort of heinous act comparable to them nicking a player off us when we actually needed them to help save us from relegation...  so clearly even the worst of situations can be overcome without all that much hassle.ifnyoubhwt it right on the pitch.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Yep, barring a few teams the quality just isn't there. Even Sheffield Wednesday aren't a great footballing team if you actually watch them play yet they have amassed 96 points and eventually been promoted. You don't have to be brilliant you just have to be competent because most weeks you are playing pub sides.