Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

2 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

We badly need a striker, going into the season with Collins as our only option is ridiculous. 

Agree with that. Although while we have washington i do feel we’ll still short of something else. Really need some genuine pace and power but then so is the majority of league one and the championship

might be a case of waiting to see what comes our way thats affordable

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I think he looks a bit uncomfortable on the ball when he is pressed. I didn't think his distribution was great against Chesterfield or so far today. No need to be defensive.

I wasnt , meant it genuinely, context and tone is lost on here 👍

i agree totally hes not ever been known for his ball playing and if i had to put a weakness on him from what limited time iv seen him for cardiff distribution wasnt one of his assets 

Am hoping Warnes more direct approach will mean theres less fannying around on the ball and less chance of getting caught on the ball

8 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

We badly need a striker, going into the season with Collins as our only option is ridiculous. 

He’s not our only option. This narrative is really tiresome. I agree (as does everyone else including the manager) that we need MORE options up front, but Collins isn’t all we have.
We’ve got Collins and Washington as out and out strikers, there’s clearly an intent to play NML in a central role and he scored a lovely goal against Stoke and has looked sharp today with one stunning effort saved by the keeper. When fit we’ll have Barkhuizen and Sibley in forward areas, and Bird looks to be playing a freer, more advanced role. 
It’s worth remembering Sheff United’s defenders have been playing at a consistently higher level than our attack for the last few seasons and includes a highly rated young international (if my hours of FM are to be believed 😉)