Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

Just now, Diego said:

This Waghorn experiment will seem pretty pointless if he doesn’t sign. 

He defo would sign. His son plays for the academy, he's local and loves the club/fans. I think it was more of a case of whether we think he's still got something to offer which I think he definitely does at league 1 level after today's showing.

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Sloppy and tired couple of moments by Derby punished by their better quality.

The score doesn’t reflect the performance in my view, however it goes to show what can happen if any team switches off against a team that will be playing two divisions higher up next season.

Fixed that for you.

Just now, Diego said:

This Waghorn experiment will seem pretty pointless if he doesn’t sign. 

Forget that it’s former Derby player Martin Waghorn and think of it as any other trialist. As an example Hull City have had George Cox training with them and playing in friendlies for them, subsequently they decided against signing him. It happens in pre-season, it gives the manager a chance to further decide if they want the player or not by seeing them in the team as well as in training.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Fixed that for you.

Agreed a Premier League team would (or should) be more clinical than League 1, but we'd be lucky not to get punished by anyone for a pretty careless cross-field pass and then getting back to play the guy onside just as he's scoring! Not to be too harsh on Smith, who did most things well today.