Summer Rumour Mill

sage

53 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

If Rodriques feels Oxford is a better move for him than us I’m not sure I’m that bothered about him coming TBF! I think him choosing them over us would say far more about the player than PW. Maybe he knows his level?

Really?

Rodriguez currently isn't a league 2 player he is non-league, he has just had a decent season, but in non-league.

Assuming we are even interested, Derby County, with a stadium capable of 30k fans, a training ground to envy and a move to a club half hour down the road.

If he chose Oxford over Derby, after Roberts chose Brizzle over Derby and McG chose Notts County over Derby, at some point you have to wonder.

It isn't money, it isn't location...and surely McG would have told him how amazing it is to work with Warne.

41 minutes ago, CaptainOx said:

There's one semi-reliable poster at our end who seems to think he's coming. But none of our media have picked up on anything yet (though they rarely do). The one "gospel" poster has yet to make any comment and the people I'd trust are yet to comment.

Would be something very ironic about Rodrigues choosing us considering he was initially identified by a certain former head of recruitment after his first full season at Notts.

Warne and Manning's default styles are quite different. Manning's certainly a closer match to Notts County's from last season. That's about the only thing I can think that might sway it at this point in time. I suppose he might be a guaranteed starter for us as well, whereas I'd expect you guys to sign enough players to have a good choice now you have the restrictions lifted.
Probably sold him the whole new stadium is coming vision as well, not that he'll be around to see it if he does well.

Yeah, I’d thought about the lure of starting v that not being guaranteed by Warne. Don’t know masses about the lad and wonder if he’s a Warne-type player?

47 minutes ago, CaptainOx said:

There's one semi-reliable poster at our end who seems to think he's coming. But none of our media have picked up on anything yet (though they rarely do). The one "gospel" poster has yet to make any comment and the people I'd trust are yet to comment.

Would be something very ironic about Rodrigues choosing us considering he was initially identified by a certain former head of recruitment after his first full season at Notts.

Warne and Manning's default styles are quite different. Manning's certainly a closer match to Notts County's from last season. That's about the only thing I can think that might sway it at this point in time. I suppose he might be a guaranteed starter for us as well, whereas I'd expect you guys to sign enough players to have a good choice now you have the restrictions lifted.
Probably sold him the whole new stadium is coming vision as well, not that he'll be around to see it if he does well.

Wish we had some genuine ITK posters 🥲

46 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Really?

Rodriguez currently isn't a league 2 player he is non-league, he has just had a decent season, but in non-league.

Assuming we are even interested, Derby County, with a stadium capable of 30k fans, a training ground to envy and a move to a club half hour down the road.

If he chose Oxford over Derby, after Roberts chose Brizzle over Derby and McG chose Notts County over Derby, at some point you have to wonder.

It isn't money, it isn't location...and surely McG would have told him how amazing it is to work with Warne.

Yep, no-one in football wants to work with Paul Warne, that’s it!

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Really?

Understand McD and Roberts would not understand Rodriguez 

41 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Why does it?

Just subtle hints.

Jason Knight, Haydon Roberts, David McGoldrick and potentially Hourihanne (who i think will leave), deciding to leave. 

And IF it is true that Rodrigues is choosing Oxford over Derby, after being shown round the club and meeting with Warne, it would concern me a little. Perhaps David McG has had a word in his ear.

Hopefully this week we see some movement and my concerns will be put to bed. 

And yes, I keep being reminded that the window isn't open yet...breaking news, Notts County have just signed one of THE best players and almost top scorer of league 1 and the window isn't even open.

Business is being done.

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just subtle hints.

Jason Knight, Haydon Roberts, David McGoldrick and potentially Hourihanne (who i think will leave), deciding to leave. 

And IF it is true that Rodrigues is choosing Oxford over Derby, after being shown round the club and meeting with Warne, it would concern me a little. Perhaps David McG has had a word in his ear.

And yes, I keep being reminded that the window isn't open yet...breaking news, Notts County have just signed one of THE best players and almost top scorer of league 1 and the window isn't even open.

Business is being done.

We need to get the core of our squad together before preseason training starts for me.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just subtle hints.

Business is being done.

McGoldrick has said he wanted to join Notts no matter what. I don't know what we could have offered him to get him to stay, I'd rather the club operate sensibly than try and put silly offers in front of 35 year old players to get them to stay.

Roberts was never our player. On loan from a Premier League club, now wanted by Championship clubs. You can't pin that on Paul Warne.

Jason Knight has had his international manager saying he should be/needs to be playing at a higher level. Probably true but all international managers will want their players playing as high as possible. All that's come from Derby is that claims he's close to leaving aren't true.

Hourihane has a job coaching 15 year olds in the evening and the media took a few words he said and spun them out of context for a story.

Rodrigues' dad has apparently followed Oxford on Instagram. That's about it. There's been nothing substantial to say he's going anywhere yet.

Yes business is being done, but slowly. This link tracks the done deals, it's hardly thriving with activity just yet. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Local reporters have said we are close on deals but players are still on holiday. We seem to want to operate in a much quieter way, which is much better. We don't need to play out transfer sagas publicly.

We need to sign players, and we will sign players. We still have 56 days until the season starts, it's hardly time to panic. It's lucky we're having nice weather at the moment, lots of people will be able to put their freshly washed bedding out to dry after wetting it because McGoldrick has joined Notts County.

6 hours ago, Kernow said:

McGoldrick has said he wanted to join Notts no matter what. I don't know what we could have offered him to get him to stay, I'd rather the club operate sensibly than try and put silly offers in front of 35 year old players to get them to stay.

Roberts was never our player. On loan from a Premier League club, now wanted by Championship clubs. You can't pin that on Paul Warne.

Jason Knight has had his international manager saying he should be/needs to be playing at a higher level. Probably true but all international managers will want their players playing as high as possible. All that's come from Derby is that claims he's close to leaving aren't true.

Hourihane has a job coaching 15 year olds in the evening and the media took a few words he said and spun them out of context for a story.

Rodrigues' dad has apparently followed Oxford on Instagram. That's about it. There's been nothing substantial to say he's going anywhere yet.

Yes business is being done, but slowly. This link tracks the done deals, it's hardly thriving with activity just yet. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Local reporters have said we are close on deals but players are still on holiday. We seem to want to operate in a much quieter way, which is much better. We don't need to play out transfer sagas publicly.

We need to sign players, and we will sign players. We still have 56 days until the season starts, it's hardly time to panic. It's lucky we're having nice weather at the moment, lots of people will be able to put their freshly washed bedding out to dry after wetting it because McGoldrick has joined Notts County.

This is not helping. I want to see people panicking. 
Text Street GIF

5 hours ago, bucktwo said:

When can a thread be started about 

"How are we possibly going to get all these new signings to gel as a team , if we are not top two from day one of the season , Warne out !! " 

You jest but the same posters who are claiming Warne can’t attract players will be the same ones making this thread in a month’s time after we’ve made numerous signings.

Just use whatever they can to justify their pre-conceived opinions of Warne. 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

You jest but the same posters who are claiming Warne can’t attract players will be the same ones making this thread in a month’s time after we’ve made numerous signings.

Just use whatever they can to justify their pre-conceived opinions of Warne. 

Are you not basing your pasition on a pre-conceived opinion of Warne, or is your current optimism/expectation based on hope?