Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Just now, Pikeyram said:

I would be gutted to lose Cashin, a true Derby academy graduate who genuinely seems to love the club,and also a "proper" footballler.

I see the bigger picture but it would still be a huge shame

Yes, we would definitely need a quick young centre back to replace him because our other defenders are all slow.

4 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Not from my usual source so take this with a pinch of salt but this lad is clued up in the agency world and apparently we're one of the clubs wanting JCH and are prepared to offload a few to get him. One to watch either this summer or in January. 

We would need to give them £2.5m or £3m and Collins or £4m and Curtains

59 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I would love JCH here. 

Didn't really appreciate how good his hold up play was until watching him yesterday. Thought he was a right handful. Bought others into play really well.

The only way I could see this is if we sold Cashin for the £3 million we want. Then we'd probably have the funds. 

I'm not sure how much they want for him. But he's in the final year and I've seen that Bristol Rovers are one of the teams in for him so I can't see it being mega money?

Ideally if we sold Cashin we'd get him back on loan so we don't have to bring in a centre back. 

I was in the pub before the Peterborough game yesterday and someone in there said that he's heard the main hold up with him moving to Brighton is that Brighton do not want to loan him back to us. Obviously that could be b******s 

We could potentially be in for an interesting week.

Also I saw Warne at the cricket earlier. Such a nice bloke. Speaks to you like he's one of your mates. I said to him how well JCH did yesterday. He just kept saying "I want more pace" 🤣

He didn't want pace today, spinners only he said

48 minutes ago, sage said:

Would people be happy to get £3m for Cashin and spend it all on JCH?

I don’t think he’d cost anywhere near that, given not long on his contract (I believe) and transfer listed. 

£3m for Cashin, Cashin back on loan and JCH for £1.5m I’d absolutely take. Could maybe get him for cheaper with a promotion clause. 

Cashin will be gone for free if we don’t go up this year, people seem to forget.