Summer Rumour Mill

sage

48 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Nope, everything got super quiet and secret, I won’t find out anything unless someone is in the building for A bit. Thank the likes of Nixon for that 😞 

Surely the person to thank is closer to home, @Big Trav?

The boss of Goss has been wide of the mark recently, yet you've been on the money. 

22 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

Never understood the emotional pull of wanting to re-sign ex players, particularly when those players weren’t good enough in the first place. An ageing squad cost us last season with legs gone after 60 mins in many games, and the wheels falling off after the Fleetwood game. We need to be looking for the next upcoming players,  not relying on overpaid journeymen. For me it is no to Waghorn and Rhodes. 

The problem is, as per Warne’s own admission, we won’t be paying any type of fee so the only players available on a free that are going to be suitable are going to be the more experienced ones like Rhodes, to a lesser extent Waghorn. 

It doesn’t seem like the new recruitment staff have been able to unearth one anyway which is a shame. 

3 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Probably why we were considering Bonis at one point but his club wanted more than we were willing or able to pay

Perhaps the same with Alfie May too - we were said to be interested by their reporter but were said to be struggling to find the money (£250-300k). 

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The problem is, as per Warne’s own admission, we won’t be paying any type of fee so the only players available on a free that are going to be suitable are going to be the more experienced ones like Rhodes, to a lesser extent Waghorn. 

It doesn’t seem like the new recruitment staff have been able to unearth one anyway which is a shame. 

You won't get out of this division, or any division, without some kind of fee on players.  If you don't pay some fee, someone else will. Even the decent team we had under Burley had some nominal fees of 200-300 k for the likes of Peschisolido and Kenna to go with the frees.  Could be a barren season goal wise if our centre forward addition is a freebie, over 30, with a bad knee. 

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You won't get out of this division, or any division, without some kind of fee on players.  If you don't pay some fee, someone else will. Even the decent team we had under Burley had some nominal fees of 200-300 k for the likes of Peschisolido and Kenna to go with the frees.  Could be a barren season goal wise if our centre forward addition is a freebie, over 30, with a bad knee. 

Tell that to Plymouth. They even managed it with a 13 goal striker.

6 minutes ago, RamDotFi said:

Tell that to Plymouth. They even managed it with a 13 goal striker.

They also had Finn azzaz on a loan fee and Sam cosgrove on a loan fee and the same with Whittaker all of those loan fees probably outweighs our total available budget this season 

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

They also had Finn azzaz on a loan fee and Sam cosgrove on a loan fee and the same with Whittaker all of those loan fees probably outweighs our total available budget this season 

How do you know there was a fee? 

I have no idea, they may well have done, they may not. It's just an assumption.

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

True, they did really well with loans last season and no doubt there were substantial loan fees involved.

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think we will pay loan fees this season and get a better quality of loan player. Keep the faith, we will be challenging for the top 2

Yeah, I think we have so much better balance already than last season that I have no doubt we will do well. If we get another CF and AMC as targeted and maybe a backup LWB I believe we are fine and then we can do fine tuning in January if necessary.

15 hours ago, Gringo said:

Well as I thought it did not take long for this comment to be posted.

Our owner is not billionaire and he is trying to run DCFC as a business that only spends what it generates.

Sorry - but codswallop.

1) We took further revenue last season than in the budget. (Liverpool away, Ticket Sales, etc)

2) We approached the EFL to have permission to spend money on transfer fee's.

3) He said in his one interview there was a budget, one of the best in the league.

4) We've accrued £3 Million in transfer fee's. This was money which was not guaranteed and thus should not have been in the budget.

I'm not asking to spend millions, only a few hundred thousand, so the likes of Charlton don't beat us to players. I'm asking him if what he said in his interview was the truth or not. Isn't that a fair request?

If Clowes Developments were subsiding the club by £5 Million or so last year (I have no idea if they were or not, and I'm making this number up), then fabulous. He rescued us and can run the club how he sees fit. If the transfer sales were going into the costs of running the club, keeping a Cat One academy and so on - then I'm absolutely fine with that - but I think it would be nice to tell us!!!

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Sorry - but codswallop.

1) We took further revenue last season than in the budget. (Liverpool away, Ticket Sales, etc)

3) He said in his one interview there was a budget, one of the best in the league.

4) We've accrued £3 Million in transfer fee's. This was money which was not guaranteed and thus should not have been in the budget.

I'm not asking to spend millions, only a few hundred thousand, so the likes of Charlton don't beat us to players. I'm asking him if what he said in his interview was the truth or not. Isn't that a fair request?

If Clowes Developments were subsiding the club by £5 Million or so last year (I have no idea if they were or not, and I'm making this number up), then fabulous. He rescued us and can run the club how he sees fit. If the transfer sales were going into the costs of running the club, keeping a Cat One academy and so on - then I'm absolutely fine with that - but I think it would be nice to tell us!!!

I could be wrong but what I took from Warne’s comments was that he could spend a couple 100k on transfer fees but it would then mean we could spend less on agent fees and wages. I think Warne has gone for the approach of getting 9/10 high quality players to get a real competitive balanced squad, Rather than spending money on a few players and the squad being left unbalanced/short of numbers.

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Sorry - but codswallop.

What he said in his interview was the truth, he has set Paul Warne a budget and it is a budget that he (Clowes) believes is enough to get promotion from this division. Here’s the quote again;

"Paul has been given a budget, I think a good budget for League One that is good enough to get us out of the league. But it's football and nothing is guaranteed."

There is no lie there, it’s a statement that a budget has been set and an expression of his personal belief that it’s a competitive budget, with a caveat that nothing is guaranteed. 

31 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Sorry - but codswallop.

Also, the “telling us” will come when the accounts are issued. If Clowes is lying as you’re suggesting it will be very apparent when the club’s accounts are published.
We fans are fortunate to be able to see the clubs accounts and what’s happening with the finances once published, what I will say is I don’t think we’re necessarily entitled to that information as the club as a business isn’t publicly owned by us. 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Sorry - but codswallop.

We may well have spent a few hundred thousand in signing on fees, agents fees etc. A transfer fee between clubs isn't the only fee involved, it's just the one we usually get the most visibility of.

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Been told to expect some movement this week, couple of ins and potentially a few outs. My guess would be Rhodes in and maybe a 10 on loan. Outs would be some of the younger lads getting some first team minutes 

I do wonder about the roles of Barkhuizen and NML in the way we want to play and wouldn't be at all surprise if one of them moved on.