Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Be pretty disappointed if our front 3 going into this season are Collins, Washington and Rhodes. 
If we’ve had since about September last year to come up with ideas and these are the best we can do, then on paper it’s not great is it? 

Would it kill the club to do more overseas scouting? They don’t always work out, but most of our UK based signings don’t either. At least there’d be an element of the unknown. 

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

The thought of Rhodes, McCormack, Grabban and Eastwood all shacked up in caravan on a lay-by on the A38 for the 23/24 season is what dreams are made of.

Thank god the potholes will soon be filled, about time the council did something.

I can’t imagine PW sat down with the recruitment team a week after the play off loss and agreed on a plan to only enquire about Rhodes in mid July. This is opportunist, potentially because our other plans have gone to pot. 

Screams of lack of availability for our targets. We’re at the mercy of other clubs for good players. That or this big budget DC spoke of isn’t big enough.

35 minutes ago, YouRams said:

With Rhodes being linked it's looking more likely that Collins is PW #1 striker this season and he's pinning his hopes on him delivering.

Seems to be that’s a ridiculous situation to leave ourselves in when he lost his place last season through not being remotely good enough. 

Our recruitment has been the same every season for years and years, we always balls up on the last piece of the jigsaw and I was really hoping this season would be different.

Igor Stimac demanded Derby make a signing that make us European contenders and we signed Lars Bohinen. 

Why recruit a supposed top recruiter guy to then chase players out of Mel Morris' little back book of players he loves.

Henri Lanabury anyone? is Michail Antonio old enough yet?

So we currently have Washington who will run in behind, stretch teams & press alot. We then have Collins who is someone who puts in alot of effort & a pretty decent finisher.

We have lost an experienced goalscorer in McGoldrick, all recent names linked seem like we're trying to replace him with another experienced scorer, potentially Rhodes, Sharp or Godden.

I then think we will bring in a 4th striker who will have a bit of pace & strength, that could be Ladapo or Nombe, potentially a loan.

That to me would be a pretty decent & varied set of 4 strikers at this level.

Add a creative midfielder who will chip in with 7-10 goals as well then we are all systems go.

These next 3 signings are massive, Warne, his staff & Clowes will all know this.

45 minutes ago, Srg said:

Seems to be that’s a ridiculous situation to leave ourselves in when he lost his place last season through not being remotely good enough. 

Still got a feeling he's pulling something out the bag a name no one will expect, seems strange "leaks" are now getting out when they were all so tight before so hopefully it's just agents.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Still got a feeling he's pulling something out the bag a name no one will expect, seems strange "leaks" are now getting out when they were all so tight before so hopefully it's just agents.

I’m hoping you’re right. I still have faith for now, we haven’t been given an actual reason to doubt just yet.