Summer Rumour Mill

sage

26 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Didn’t sound like that would be the case as he’s done well for Rotherham prior to his injury. Collins signed on good money and flopped at Cardiff, so they just wanted his contract off the books. Washington won’t be on great money either. 

He only averaged 1 in 7 and they'd be willing to let him go after a year. I'm not really feeling the did well bit.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm going to back Collins to have a good season for us.

I just have this feeling he will break the 20 goals for the season tally. Call it blind faith, stupidity. 

I actually think Collins, hourihanne and Barkhuizen will be much better than last season.

I think there's definitely an argument that Collins will be more effective in the type of team Warne seems to want (lots of crosses, balls into the box etc) than a Rosenior team, or the kind of halfway-house between the two we were for much of last season.

I also think it's more likely that Hourihane and Barkhuizen leave than get better, particularly Barkhuizen.  Neither of them are the type of player Warne seems to want.  Hourihane was hauled off very early in multiple games, Barkhuizen barely featured under Warne and was dropped at the first chance when he was on a hot streak. 

56 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I also think it's more likely that Hourihane and Barkhuizen leave than get better, particularly Barkhuizen.  Neither of them are the type of player Warne seems to want.  Hourihane was hauled off very early in multiple games, Barkhuizen barely featured under Warne and was dropped at the first chance when he was on a hot streak. 

I thought it was absolutely nailed on that we would see some players leave after watching Warnes post season interview. 

Not that I especially want to see the back of players but I was looking forward to something of a revolution in the squad this summer as I thought we fell quite a long way short towards the end of the season.  It's feeling like we are now happy to add a few around the edges and not overhaul the squad and I feel a bit disappointed at that prospect.  Particularly with the loss of our best player.  Long way to go still though.

Just now, Blondest Goat said:

I thought it was absolutely nailed on that we would see some players leave after watching Warnes post season interview. 

Not that I especially want to see the back of players but I was looking forward to something of a revolution in the squad this summer as I thought we fell quite a long way short towards the end of the season.  It's feeling like we are now happy to add a few around the edges and not overhaul the squad and I feel a bit disappointed at that prospect.  Particularly with the loss of our best player.  Long way to go still though.

Yes I thought this season was all about ‘Warne’s team’.

Early days of course but it does feel more of a tinker than a revamp. 
As you say, we need a bit more oomph than last year, especially in midfield. 

We have good passers and a reasonable defence (we will miss Roberts) but we need to find a more even attacking force. 

I wouldn’t say any of the current squad should be a guaranteed starter in attack.

7 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I reckon something tomorrow on the day of the Matlock friendly.  Similar to when we announced Steve Howard on the day of the Burton friendly under Billy.

I thought the club normally announce signings Mondays - Fridays? I could well be wrong though 

47 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes I thought this season was all about ‘Warne’s team’.

Early days of course but it does feel more of a tinker than a revamp. 
As you say, we need a bit more oomph than last year, especially in midfield. 

We have good passers and a reasonable defence (we will miss Roberts) but we need to find a more even attacking force. 

I wouldn’t say any of the current squad should be a guaranteed starter in attack.

Remember the last derby manager to do a huge squad overhaul/ revamp

paul jewell.

changing so many bodies all at once ia a risky game.

Gently gently approach is fine in my mind

hand on heart theres a couple i would lile to see leave cos i dont think theyre good enough but as u say its early

As warne has said when the prem and champ are back and sorting theyre squads out thats when things will filter down

iv no reason to not believe that.. mainly cos its common sense