Summer Rumour Mill

sage

11 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

You'd hope Cashin doesn't go. Although he could also be referring to Rooney going out on loan.

Cashin is probably the only player we have that would really ruin my day if he was sold. 21 year old centre back who is reasonably consistent and already proven to be a top performer at this level. 

13 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

You'd hope Cashin doesn't go. Although he could also be referring to Rooney going out on loan.

Has the potential but needs to stop feeing the need to stick to every forward like a limpet. He hasn't got the pace and this will become more apparent in constant cards if he steps up a division.

Just now, islandram said:

Does nixon get anything right.

Yes, and he also gets stuff wrong. A good mate of mine works high up in the media and comms dept of a former premier league club and says Nixon is a pain in the arris as he’s actually fairly good at what he does and has contacts within all levels of the sport. I think it’s just the way he goes about it that makes people doubt/dislike the bloke.

53 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

His reply to a rams fan was typically cryptic. Said we’ve “spoken to a few cbs so could be signing 2… but that may depend on other events…” when queried on what he meant by other events he replied “if somebody leaves”. So not specifically saying a cb leaving, could mean Knight or Bielik and then the funds raised being used to further strengthen/recruit….or he could be talking nonsense which is entirely possible. 

We need 3 centre backs even if no one goes - we’ve lost three, four if you count the cover that Roberts provided. Stearman, Chester, Davies and Roberts all played centre back for us at a point last season and they’re now all gone. Three should cover it, truthfully. 

6 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Are u trolling buddy , seriously ? Lol

u know we’re the biggest club in the league and one of the biggest outside of the premiership… and bigger even than several in it.

we dont and wont have a problem attracting players 

seriously relax 🙂 

Derby aren’t bigger than any club currently in the Premier League.

More historic, yes absolutely.

But we have exactly the same potential as any other club outside the top 10 or so.

Money ultimately talks. We will be able to outspend everyone in League One and a fair few Championship clubs due to turnover. We really can’t have any excuses in this league.

Derby finishing outside the top 6 this coming season is like Man Utd finishing outside the top 6 in the PL. it just shouldn’t happen based on spending potential.

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

We need 3 centre backs even if no one goes - we’ve lost three, four if you count the cover that Roberts provided. Stearman, Chester, Davies and Roberts all played centre back for us at a point last season and they’re now all gone. Three should cover it, truthfully. 

Warne will mostly likely go woth 5 CBs. At the moment we have Cashin, Forsyth and Rooney. Two more to sign up.

We may have lost Davies, Stearman and Chester, but combined they played less than Collins (our 10th most used player). Even with Roberts' games at CB added on, they played less than Smith and Bird (our 6th and 7th most used players).

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby aren’t bigger than any club currently in the Premier League.

More historic, yes absolutely.

But we have exactly the same potential as any other club outside the top 10 or so.

Money ultimately talks. We will be able to outspend everyone in League One and a fair few Championship clubs due to turnover. We really can’t have any excuses in this league.

Derby finishing outside the top 6 this coming season is like Man Utd finishing outside the top 6 in the PL. it just shouldn’t happen based on spending potential.

Call me old fashioned but better supported, more poeple coming to watch them week in week out means bigger club.

i know money talks but by that notion bournmouth are a biger club than sunderland which is b******* 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Warne will mostly likely go woth 5 CBs. At the moment we have Cashin, Forsyth and Rooney. Two more to sign up.

We may have lost Davies, Stearman and Chester, but combined they played less than Collins (our 10th most used player). Even with Roberts' games at CB added on, they played less than Smith and Bird (our 6th and 7th most used players).

I suspect 5 too, but he did say at the after dinner awards that he wanted three which makes sense with the losses. I know you can point to Chester not playing much, nor Roberts having many games there. However, it’s not to say that the guy we bring in doesn’t get injured as much as Chester - if we’re building a team for 3-4-3 then you need at least 6 or 7 players capable of playing centre back - in case 2 or 3 get injured as you will need a sub. I guess we could bring someone in to play u21 football who perhaps can step in to do a job, much like Rooney. 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Call me old fashioned but better supported, more poeple coming to watch them week in week out means bigger club.

i know money talks but by that notion bournmouth are a biger club than sunderland which is b******* 

I think what he means is, if Bournemouth and us are in for the same player, paying the exact same wages then he will join Bournemouth as they’re in the Premier League. Same with Sunderland. 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think what he means is, if Bournemouth and us are in for the same player, paying the exact same wages then he will join Bournemouth as they’re in the Premier League. Same with Sunderland. 

Which is fair and obviously yes, money talks we know that.

they have more money and premierleague football.

but when were averaging 27k plus in league one and theyre getting half that in the prem… theres no way on gods Green earth theyre a bigger club than us 

Since end of last season we’ve lost four players and 5 loanees . And we still didnt have a right back.. so I think we need to get at least 10 players in this summer maybe more if there are more outgoings still to come. Warne says maybe 5 before pre season but still a huge amount to do to give us a competitive squad. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I suspect 5 too, but he did say at the after dinner awards that he wanted three which makes sense with the losses. I know you can point to Chester not playing much, nor Roberts having many games there. However, it’s not to say that the guy we bring in doesn’t get injured as much as Chester - if we’re building a team for 3-4-3 then you need at least 6 or 7 players capable of playing centre back - in case 2 or 3 get injured as you will need a sub. I guess we could bring someone in to play u21 football who perhaps can step in to do a job, much like Rooney. 

There's no chance of 7 CBs. Warne has talked about a 20-22 man squad. This ties in with having 5 CBs, 6 at most. Warne's player usage at Rotherham, he typically used only 5 CBs throughout a season.

You'd expect us to sign players who are likely to make it through the season without picking up a major injury (based on historical records). of course, there are no guarantees, so if someone does get injured in the first half of the season, we would add to our squad in January. Otherwise we return to the ways of 15/16 and have a CB on over £20k sitting on the bench not getting any minutes.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

More pull due to level of competition doesn't make a club bigger than another. Are Luton bigger than Sunderland, West Brom and Sheff Weds?

16 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Since end of last season we’ve lost four players and 5 loanees . And we still didnt have a right back.. so I think we need to get at least 10 players in this summer maybe more if there are more outgoings still to come. Warne says maybe 5 before pre season but still a huge amount to do to give us a competitive squad. 

Players lost so far, and minutes played in all competitions:

Roberts - 3184 mins
McGoldrick - 3142 mins
Davies, Stearman and Chester - 2896 mins
Dobbin - 2548 mins
Osula - 710 mins
White - 537 mins
Springett - 218 mins
Cybulski - 97 mins
Aghatise - 14 mins

We'll almost certainly lose Knight too, but he's already been replaced in the squad by Ward.

In terms of signings required to replace who we lost:
Roberts => LWB
McGoldrick => CF
Davies, Stearman and Chester => CB
Dobbin => AM (change to 3421)
Osula => CF
White => CB (change to 3421)
Springett, Cybulski, Aghatise => academy or higher involvement for others

We'll also need 1 or 2 more wing backs as cover/competition.

17 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Or I hear stuff and instead of gatekeeping it, I want to share with my fellow rams fans. It’s never going to be 100% correct because things change. But to call me insecure and lonely is just a bit rude to be honest 

Sorry if I offended you Big Trav, uncalled for so I am sorry 👍