Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

Defence is a big area we will be recruiting for, some decent players released in the Champ who we should be looking at, at decent ages too - 

Wes Harding (RB/CB - 26)
Matthew Olosunde (RB - 25)
Tomas Kalas (CB - 29)
Kean Bryan (CB - 26)
Sam Byram (RB - 29)
Ryan Manning (LB - 26)
Joel Latibeaudiere (CB - 23)
Jake Cooper (CB - 28)
Sonny Bradley (CB - 31)
Morgan Fox (LB - 29)

Zak Vyner (CB - 26)

Callum Elder (LB - 28)

Harlee Dean (CB - 31)

On 16/05/2023 at 09:23, Eoghan1884 said:

Might be to expensive, but Kevin Nisbet from hibs, after a move to millwall broke down in January he’s kind of tailed off, he has one year left on his contract now would maybe be around 600k, but I think would guarantee goals at this level, 

Hibs won't budge for anything under £2m. They don't need the cash after they sold Porteous in January. P

If he leaves he will end up in the championship or a club in the top division like Belgium or Italy. 

He might stay at Hibs if they finish 3rd, which guarantees group stages in Europe. 

27 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Salford left back and captain, Ibou Touray, got in league two team of the year and has 16 assists in 72 games over the last 2 seasons. Obviously a good character if he’s captaining his side, out of contract in the summer. 

Talking of Salford, Matt Smith? Maybe a year or two too old but always a handful when I have seen him….

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Salford left back and captain, Ibou Touray, got in league two team of the year and has 16 assists in 72 games over the last 2 seasons. Obviously a good character if he’s captaining his side, out of contract in the summer. 

28 and played non-league then been with Salford for 6 years. Watching this play off game as well, he can’t defend very well. 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/05/paul-warne-end-of-season-interview

pw seems clear about which type of players are in his plans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers/assists

We could probably use another player who great at creating assists.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/league-one/best-defence.html

Had one of the best defenses in League 1, but we could use some younger players in that area.

Pw mentions wanting to strengthen in the number 9 and 10 positions.

Pw says he doesn't want to bring in players who demand to play every game. Yet we have a number of older players who I expect to do less well next year and we will need a team where we can bring on younger legs so that the team doesn't look lethargic again towards the end of the season.

With one of the smallest teams in the division I'd like to see us reach 28 to 30 players for the coming season.

I'd like us to sign striker under 30 years old, someone capable of scoring at least 15 goals in the season

A story about the Ipswich retained list popped up on my social media and looking at the comments, quite a few of their fans seemed disappointed to see Kane Vincent-Young let go. 27, fullback/wingback who can play either side. 

They did seem to suggest he would be a really good signing for a league one side. Can't say I know anything about him or his play myself 

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Some interesting options being released by Coventry:

Fankaty Dabo - right wing back - 28 - player of the year in their league one promotion season 2019/20

plus Todd Kane (RB, age 29), Sean Maguire (#10, age 29) & Tyler Walker (#9, age 26) who could all be decent squad options.

Don't let him take a penalty.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Some interesting options being released by Coventry:

Fankaty Dabo - right wing back - 28 - player of the year in their league one promotion season 2019/20

plus Todd Kane (RB, age 29), Sean Maguire (#10, age 29) & Tyler Walker (#9, age 26) who could all be decent squad options.

I feel sorry for Dabo so it seems harsh saying this, but I wouldn't want him in a derby shirt. I have never seen a player bullied so much like the time Festy played against him. He got turned inside out every opportunity. The poor lad had to come off to save himself a whole 90 mins of embarrassment 

On 15/05/2023 at 23:00, DCFC1388 said:

Defence is a big area we will be recruiting for, some decent players released in the Champ who we should be looking at, at decent ages too - 

Wes Harding (RB/CB - 26)
Matthew Olosunde (RB - 25)
Tomas Kalas (CB - 29)
Kean Bryan (CB - 26)
Sam Byram (RB - 29)
Ryan Manning (LB - 26)
Joel Latibeaudiere (CB - 23)
Jake Cooper (CB - 28)
Sonny Bradley (CB - 31)
Morgan Fox (LB - 29)

Zak Vyner (CB - 26)

Callum Elder (LB - 28)

Harlee Dean (CB - 31)

Wes Harding (RB/CB - 26) - played 46 games. decent age. Is he any good?
Matthew Olosunde (RB - 25) - From what I've been able to find he played 2 games in his first season at PNE and 1 game last. No thanks.
Tomas Kalas (CB - 29) - could be a good move although he will be outside of Warne's stated preferred age range
Kean Bryan (CB - 26) - another one who doesn't seem to have played much for 2 seasons.
Sam Byram (RB - 29) - just 15 games last season...
Ryan Manning (LB - 26) - played a full season. worth looking at
Joel Latibeaudiere (CB - 23) - 34 games last season, maybe worth a look
Jake Cooper (CB - 28) - Have Millwall not exercised the option? played almost every game, worth a look
Sonny Bradley (CB - 31) - only managed 21 games this season.
Morgan Fox (LB - 29) - played over 40 games, worth a look.

Zak Vyner (CB - 26) - 40+ appearances. worth a look

Callum Elder (LB - 28) - 31 apps. maybe?

Harlee Dean (CB - 31) - only 16 games for Brum. No.

Of those suggestions, Kalas is the only one I really know and he'd do a job for us. Several have played little to no football so shouldn't, IMO, be considered. Those with good playing records in terms of numbers of games could be worth a look but..... and this is the big question... do they feature on the list PW has given to the club's recruitment team? If they aren't on the list, they won't be coming.

19 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Wes Harding (RB/CB - 26) - played 46 games. decent age. Is he any good?
Matthew Olosunde (RB - 25) - From what I've been able to find he played 2 games in his first season at PNE and 1 game last. No thanks.
Tomas Kalas (CB - 29) - could be a good move although he will be outside of Warne's stated preferred age range
Kean Bryan (CB - 26) - another one who doesn't seem to have played much for 2 seasons.
Sam Byram (RB - 29) - just 15 games last season...
Ryan Manning (LB - 26) - played a full season. worth looking at
Joel Latibeaudiere (CB - 23) - 34 games last season, maybe worth a look
Jake Cooper (CB - 28) - Have Millwall not exercised the option? played almost every game, worth a look
Sonny Bradley (CB - 31) - only managed 21 games this season.
Morgan Fox (LB - 29) - played over 40 games, worth a look.

Zak Vyner (CB - 26) - 40+ appearances. worth a look

Callum Elder (LB - 28) - 31 apps. maybe?

Harlee Dean (CB - 31) - only 16 games for Brum. No.

Of those suggestions, Kalas is the only one I really know and he'd do a job for us. Several have played little to no football so shouldn't, IMO, be considered. Those with good playing records in terms of numbers of games could be worth a look but..... and this is the big question... do they feature on the list PW has given to the club's recruitment team? If they aren't on the list, they won't be coming.

Jake Cooper and Ryan Manning are well to good for league one can’t imagine we’d get near either player