Confirmed close season renewals, incomings and outgoings

Sad day for all who follow the Rams. Curtis has put so much of himself in the club, I really hope he stays in some capacity. Stears and Chester thank you both. Great professionals who hopefully will get another gig. Something was lost today. Be it part camaraderie or what. Thanks guys for what you have done for this great club of ours. I will raise a glass or two for you tonight. UTR!

Having failed to make the playoffs and subsequently seen the transfer embargo lifted, the club have started moving very quickly with business before the 2023/24 season. In case it makes sense to put all the deals in one place, I thought I'd create this thread, purely of updates so it's easy for people to find. No worries if people don't want it or if it should be in the Transfer forum.

Craig Forsyth signs a new one-year deal.

Curtis Davies, Richard Stearman and James Chester leave the club.

Edited by Carl Sagan

Had to be done. Curtis playing in the Championship finale against Wednesday, signing the waiver to do his bit, really demonstrated his commitment. Such an eloquent spokesman for the club, and always a great listen if lucky enough to be in hospitality when he's there.

And here he is on Wembley Way, discarded by Lampard but supporting the team and bonding with fans before the Villa game.

CurtisonWembleyWatintheVillaplayoffmatch.thumb.jpg.7eca3841cd53e334d45d7ad647dda81f.jpg

Shout out to Richard Stearman too, who I feel knew his role and played it very well, never letting us down.

Sad news, especially Curtis, but probably for the best all round.  Curtis will always be a Derby Legend for me…

Saw two blokes who sit in our row at PP in that picture! 😁

Right decisions but sad for different reasons.

Curtis has been a colossus for us through some of the lowest points in our history, on and off the pitch.

Spoke very eloquently about the pain of administration from the players' point of view. 

His goal at Reading - wow! 

Always has a smile and a chat with the fans, wherever we may be. 

Represents our club so well. I think he'll be back in some capacity at another stage in his career. Hope he gets a swansong season at the Orient before he hangs up his boots. Go well, captain.

The Steargoat has been our cheerleader, often geeing on the team from the sidelines right below where I sit. He's a strong influence on the young lads, and I was hoping he might take up a coaching role in our academy. Hope he gets fixed up somewhere if not with us.

I feel for Chester - a whole season without any significant football. Devastating for a player at this stage of his career. The little we saw of him I thought he looked solid and could do a job for us if only he was fit. He looked close to tears when we chatted to him about it at the Awards evening. 

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Had to be done. Curtis playing in the Championship finale against Wednesday, signing the waiver to do his bit, really demonstrated his commitment. Such an eloquent spokesman for the club, and always a great listen if lucky enough to be in hospitality when he's there.

And here he is on Wembley Way, discarded by Lampard but supporting the team and bonding with fans before the Villa game.

CurtisonWembleyWatintheVillaplayoffmatch.thumb.jpg.7eca3841cd53e334d45d7ad647dda81f.jpg

Shout out to Richard Stearman too, who I feel knew his role and played it very well, never letting us down.

My minds gone blank… … who played tomori and … 

Think the right calls.

leaves us with fourteen first team players. Thompson, oduroh and Rooney possibly seen as squad players.

need a good five players in, then another three or four loans probably.

hopefully mcgoldrick signs. Have a squad of around 22.

would expect a couple of players under contract to move on as well.

is not much deadwood, warne has a lot more room than expected in transfer window. Needs to pick a formation and find the players to play it. Top six be the least that’s expected next season.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

How quickly the retained list comes out tells me that the plans have been in place for a while, which I really like. 

Agreed, moving quickly to shape the squad is exactly what needed to happen. I suspect there’ll be some signings lined up already as a result of this. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added tweet