Confirmed close season renewals, incomings and outgoings

32 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The reason we were an option when he joined us was because we are local to 'home'. Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and South Yorkshire is pretty much the limit of how far he'd be willing to go

Bet he wouldn’t go to Qatar for £200k a week , as he would miss Snienton market.

I do feel the mods ruined these threads by merging the one I specifically christened "Confirmed close season renewals, incomings and outgoings", with all the others into a confused mess. The point was to have a single pinned thread only with official updates through the close season, and then discuss individual player decisions in their own threads. Now it'll just be a gigantic blob that's impossible to navigate. *sulks*

Tell you what, looking at the retained list really hits home we did so well to get that close to the play offs. Small squad, partly boosted by some loans (partly as I'm not sure all our loans qualify as boosts) 

No natural rb as such 

3 of our 4 natural CBs now deemed surplus to requirements shows how short we were in that area (that's not an insult to the 3, we all love Davies and Steargoat) 

Of our 2 LBs, one seconded to CB the other has played more football as a CB than a LB 

Definitely gives us a lot to build on

16 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I've read on twitter that Paul Warne has shown 2 players a tour around our clubs facilities. I wonder who they are....

He mentioned it in the interview the club put out today, said he’d shown one around that day (tues/Weds as it was the same day they agree Fozzy’s extension) and had another coming in on Friday with more likely over the coming weeks. It came across as not that they were guaranteed to sign, more that Warne is on the charm offensive. I took him to mean whoever the players are, they’re interested to a point and Warne is showing them the facilities and what his plans are for the team next season in order to convince them to join. 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He mentioned it in the interview the club put out today, said he’d shown one around that day (tues/Weds as it was the same day they agree Fozzy’s extension) and had another coming in on Friday with more likely over the coming weeks. It came across as not that they were guaranteed to sign, more that Warne is on the charm offensive. I took him to mean whoever the players are, they’re interested to a point and Warne is showing them the facilities and what his plans are for the team next season in order to convince them to join. 

I think it's positive that he's using his people skills and man management to show players what we have here and what they could have being part of this club. I have no idea who they could be though.

On 11/05/2023 at 13:58, Van der MoodHoover said:

That running around at full tilt needs to be carefully schooled. You cant just strap a pair of shorts onto a speedster and watch him run....cough.....Theo Robinson......🤣

Hey u leave super theo alone lol

anyone one that played a part in #weonlyhad10men is immune from criticism and instantly given legendary status …..regardless of footballing ability lol