Confirmed close season renewals, incomings and outgoings

57 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

It's a wholesale clearout. Warne was obviously not impressed, but to dump most of the squad is almost unheard of. A few of these will come back to bite us.

I haven't been following them this season but they amassed 1 point in the league, 70 goals conceded 

q1UFO9u.jpg

Do we have both lowest points records now for the PL?...

1 minute ago, littleover ram said:

I haven't been following them this season but they amassed 1 point in the league, 70 goals conceded 

q1UFO9u.jpg

Do we have both lowest points records now for the PL?...

Can u put that away before other clubs (forest) get wind of that potential piss take please 

4 minutes ago, IncredibleKoosh said:

Thing is though the academy squads were stripped bare. So our U21s were probably playing against players a few years further on in their development.

Correct, and we were without our two most experienced centre halves for most of the campaign. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

It could be offered later through.

I hope you are right B4, I just can't see it though, PW has his coaching team and I think expanding on it while money is tight may not be the best use of the finances....  Look at how we've stripped out the apprentices, loads released.

2 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

How much will we save on wages per week? Thought Davies and Steerman were on 4.5k per week?

That was the previous season. Davies would’ve been well compensated following him winning POTY - Stearman not so much. Chester would’ve been on a good wage, despite injuries. 

If I had to guess then the three leaving frees up around £900k on the wage bill per annum. 

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Correct, and we were without our two most experienced centre halves for most of the campaign. 

Really matters as well; you can see this when u21s/ academy teams play against non-league sides in pre-season, or in the Senior Cup. Even if they are technically great the sheer difference in physicality is really pronounced at that age.

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

I hope you are right B4, I just can't see it though, PW has his coaching team and I think expanding on it while money is tight may not be the best use of the finances....  Look at how we've stripped out the apprentices, loads released.

Well he could coach under 18 or under 21s that has struggled to defend and keep clean sheets plus it would help there development.

McGoldrick is the obvious one we need to sign a new deal while I also think giving Loach another deal makes sense. Happy to be a number 2/3, not done much wrong in a Derby shirt and appears like a good character to have around.

I think we need a good core to build from rather than completely tearing apart the squad yet again for stability and squad moral.

42 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

McGoldrick is the obvious one we need to sign a new deal while I also think giving Loach another deal makes sense. Happy to be a number 2/3, not done much wrong in a Derby shirt and appears like a good character to have around.

I think we need a good core to build from rather than completely tearing apart the squad yet again for stability and squad moral.

McGoldrick has been great, as was Curtis Davies the season before. Players on the that side of 30 unfortunately drop off quickly at times - McGoldrick also has never in his career put back-to-back seasons together. 

Obviously, I want him to sign but we have to consider that history has shown us that he’s unlikely to have the same impact next season. I’m sure a deal gets done - there is unlikely to be a lot of Championship interest and him playing for us is a convenient location to his home life. At 36, it’s an ideal spot for him and us so I’m sure a deal gets done. 

4 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

While there is a lot to do, how refreshing is it that we're sat on May 11th, estabished our retained list, know which division we're going to be in, know the budget and restrictions, when was it last like this?!?

It's a long time since it's felt this stable at the end of a season. There's a calmness and control this time, which is a relief (to me at least)