Portsmouth (H) Sat 29th April

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nor White, but I'm sure I'm not supposed to say why did he get on.

White was on for about ten mins ffs ...how much can you really do in ten mins ......before you posted this I wondered if you’d have your usual pop at White ....and hey presto.....never fail to be consistent with the players you dislike even if they only get on for a few mins 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Is this right - the goal difference is not so great and they are only 2 behind ?? 

If we draw and they win by 3 were buggered as they've scored more. GD is plus 3 in our favour.  I've seen a 3 point and 7 goal swing on the last day.  Trying to remember where?

1 hour ago, EranioIsGod said:

I think teams have realised that doing this is the best way to stop us as it stops our momentum and winds the players and fans up

We'd help ourselves a lot more with this by passing the ball better and retaining it mor rather than humping it and playing head tennis for 15 minute spells ,which invites close contact in one on ones and aerially.  This gives them all the tools required to fall over.   

11 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

...Plus out of all the possible results next week only a posh win and a defeat for us will see us slip out. The odds are with us.

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Is this right - the goal difference is not so great and they are only 2 behind ?? 

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

They’re 3 behind so if we draw and they beat Barnsley away by 3 goals then fair play they deserve it.

I think @kevinhectoring meant they are only two points behind, (not goals).

Your scenario is otherwise correct.  👍

The post above by @TomTom92 is not. 
We could still drop out with a draw, if Posh win by 3 goals.  This would level up the goal difference, and Posh already have a better Goals Scored column. 

There's a nervy day to be had, over in S. Yorks!  🐏

Be of good cheer gentlemen and ladies!

For yaaaaay, I bring you good tidings of great joy...erm...maybe...???

If we win, we're 5th or 6th whatever Posh do.

If we win and Bolton lose, we finish 5th and avoid the Owls in the playoff semis.

Since the Owls are 3rd whatever happens, I suspect they will rest some first choice players ready for the playoffs.  That might give us an opening.

If we draw, Posh still need to beat Baaaaarnsley away by 3 clear goals.  Yeah, right.  The odds are in our favour.  Let's just hope that Baaaarnsley don't rest too many first choice players for that one.

If we lose, Posh still need to win to overtake us.

In the first 3 scenarios we finish 5th or 6th.  In the last 2 we finish 7th.

Any probability experts or Actuaries out there want to have a go at calculating the odds on the above?  Or maybe the bookies already have...

It's another end of season squeaky bum nail biter.  Ears will be glued to phones, goals scored against Posh will provoke louder cheers than if we score ourselves, substitutions will be crucial, teams will go from rushing to take throw ins to out and out time wasting in a matter of seconds depending on how the scores change.

Watch out for the substitution of Collins for McGoldrick at half time if all the results are going our way.  McGoldrick will then be placed in a crate packed with cotton wool, put into storage away from anything even remotely hazardous, and fed and toileted via tubes like a spaceman.  At a secret location.  Guarded by men in dark suits with earpieces and Kalashnikovs.

38 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think @kevinhectoring meant they are only two points behind, (not goals).

Your scenario is otherwise correct.  👍

The post above by @TomTom92 is not. 
We could still drop out with a draw, if Posh win by 3 goals.  This would level up the goal difference, and Posh already have a better Goals Scored column. 

There's a nervy day to be had, over in S. Yorks!  🐏

I meant they’re 3 behind us on GD. If we draw and they win by 3 away to Barnsley then fair play. But my original post is suggesting that this scenario is that unlikely that I’m (rightly or wrongly) discounting it. If we get a point we’ll do it. Feel free to quote me if Posh explode and do mission impossible.

4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I meant they’re 3 behind us on GD. If we draw and they win by 3 away to Barnsley then fair play. But my original post is suggesting that this scenario is that unlikely that I’m (rightly or wrongly) discounting it. If we get a point we’ll do it. Feel free to quote me if Posh explode and do mission impossible.

I hadn't realised the first post was yours too... even after quoting them!  Doh!  🤣

Yes... Possible but unlikely!  I'm with yer!  👍

Fingers crossed, eh!  🐏🍻

Football is being destroyed, I have NEVER left a game before the final whistle and I’ve been going to watch derby many many years , time was the last ten minutes of games was the best bit more often than not , you know what ? I would rather see us going all out in a blood and thunder finish and losing a goal on the break than this shxt, it’s week in week out and it has to be stopped no matter who is doing it and yes I mean us too , if a player stays down long enough to stop the game then he is off for ten minutes before he can return, that simple rule change ends it , I am sick to death of nail biting exciting games being destroyed , gripe over

great crowd , players gave it all and that’s all I ask for ducking love derby 

1 minute ago, Redshaw_Ram said:

If we draw 10-10, then even if Posh win 3-0 we'll stay above them.

😶‍🌫️

'Appen as mebbe...
...But don't forget they will finish 8 minutes after us, due to our ref blowing bang on the 90 mins, just as NML gets tripped in the area.
They'll still have time for a 4th...

# f*** the DFS

30 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

Watch out for the substitution of Collins for McGoldrick at half time if all the results are going our way.  McGoldrick will then be placed in a crate packed with cotton wool, put into storage away from anything even remotely hazardous, and fed and toileted via tubes like a spaceman.  At a secret location.  Guarded by men in dark suits with earpieces and Kalashnikovs.

🙂 

First of all this reminded me of Bobby charlton’s substitution in the qf of the 1970 World Cup. Rested for a ‘semi-final that never happened...’

The other thing is this: this season Warne has barely protected Didzy at all. It’s astonishing he has remained more or less injury free. 

Nigh on Full House...

There seemed to be an awful lot of folk milling around 10 mins before kick off, checking print-outs and turnstile numbers... then folk not knowing where/how to insert said print-off... then checking again for stair numbers etc, once inside.

Both the seat in front of me, and the one to my left were inhabited for the first time this season!  (Purchased matchday morning it seems, as they were both still available at 9am yesterday.  They were 2 yoofs together, but no way was I swapping so they could sit next to each other.
Their Brummie accent and general demeanor towards The Rams enabled me to discount any theory they may be Pompey infiltrators, at least.  

There was also a kerfuffle towards the back of the NE corner during the first half, with someone raging across the aisle at someone else to "Just get out" etc, with pointy fingers, wavey fists, and puffy-reddened cheeks! 
Teary toddlers being ferried-in-arms down the stairs to the sanctuary of the concourse wasn't ideal, given the sun was out.  
All very exciting, by NE corner standards.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If we draw and they win by 3 were buggered as they've scored more. GD is plus 3 in our favour.  I've seen a 3 point and 7 goal swing on the last day.  Trying to remember where?

Right, if we draw at owlerton

the posh will need to score a ton 

6 hours ago, S8TY said:

White was on for about ten mins ffs ...how much can you really do in ten mins ......before you posted this I wondered if you’d have your usual pop at White ....and hey presto.....never fail to be consistent with the players you dislike even if they only get on for a few mins 

Like the majority have done with Sibley this season. He is still the first player to get subbed off every match, regardless of how he has played.

37 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

'Appen as mebbe...
...But don't forget they will finish 8 minutes after us, due to our ref blowing bang on the 90 mins, just as NML gets tripped in the area.
They'll still have time for a 4th...

# f*** the DFS

Are you insinuating negative things about refereeing standards? Well stop it - that’s  my job!

A day of massive contrasts but to still be in charge of our own destiny ar the end of it is the main thing.

The atmosphere pre-match reminded me of the Brighton playoff semi...full house & a real crackle of expectation. Lot of new lads in our block in East Stand that I noticed & area was much louder than usual. We then launched into them that first 20 mins & should have been 2-0 up at the end of that period. McGoldrick's effort that hit the post was desperately unlucky but Mendez-Laing showed a total lack of conviction when presented with a chance from 15 yards out in space.

Their goal was totally unexpected & it totally knocking the stuffing out of the team & the fans. We were then chasing shadows until half-time, couldn't retain the ball at all, starting sitting deep & were pretty fortunate not to be further behind, Wildsmith pulling off two great saves. 

Second half we started playing football again & eventually got the reward we deserved from Collins' smart finish. The last half hour hastened the start of the fake Portsmouth injuries & like others on here, I'm sick of the total predictability but especially the referee's compliance of it. It needs a major crackdown for next season...my suggestion would be an immediate & automatic stretching off of 'injured' player to nearest spot off the pitch & play restarts asap with team in possession getting a throw in whilst player is getting 'treatment'. Sooner they realise they can't soak 2 mins out of the game & that the attack will continue (if attacking side had the ball), the sooner it will stop.

Obviously disappointing to not have won & it does continue our poor record against the top half sides. In the context of our season though, it has to be seen as a good day overall as Peterborough conspired to drop points too & look in bad nick. Onto Hillsborough, COYR