Burton Albion (H) Sat 22nd April

11 minutes ago, Mikeyboy1963 said:

But where would the 4 goals have come from? The Sky stats tell the true story - clear cut chances 0 and 0. Just a dodgy penalty separated us. 

3C33F8EC-2ED6-41F6-BA16-0B2F40AB55FC.png

That's a ridiculous stat, 0 clear cut chances, what about Didzy's  volley from NML's cross or Didzy's relatively simple chance that he struck straight at the keeper near the end and Barks 1 on 1 with the keeper with the last kick of the match?

15 minutes ago, Mikeyboy1963 said:

But where would the 4 goals have come from? The Sky stats tell the true story - clear cut chances 0 and 0. Just a dodgy penalty separated us. 

So all those shots on target don't count because of what? And they hit a post, not clear cut? 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

That’s a crap stat, it’s easy to decide on target or off Target, but who decides what is “clear cut”. Absolute BS…

4 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Is this a new fashion statement, Are they seconds from War on Want or are they aero dynamically suited to make a player go faster when the wind sweeps round...I really don't see a benefit, Like those nose plaster thingies...comical suggestions accepted 👍 

Can’t find a pair big enough for his calves ?

53 minutes ago, ram59 said:

That's a ridiculous stat, 0 clear cut chances, what about Didzy's  volley from NML's cross or Didzy's relatively simple chance that he struck straight at the keeper near the end and Barks 1 on 1 with the keeper with the last kick of the match?

Agreed and I reckon a penalty is a pretty clear cut chance!

53 minutes ago, Mikeyboy1963 said:

From watching the second half live yesterday and the highlights again this morning I can remember the following chances;

Sibley crossed for NML after good play in midfield, NML was inches away from connecting with it 6/7 yards out (maybe this one isn’t a clear cut chance but it was great attacking play).

Bird collected a pass from Roberts in their area and cut back to Sibley who’s shot from 7/8 yards was deflected by a good block into the keepers arms.

Roberts broke into their box in the second half and brought a good save from the keeper with an angled drive from about 14 yards out, the rebound went out for a corner, dropping just over the bar.

McGoldrick hit a shot from about 20 yards out which the keeper managed to turn around the post with a good save.

NML put a cross in that McGoldrick volleyed from 10-12 yards out, keeper saved it and Knight headed the rebound low and on target but the keeper recovered.

Barkhuizen broke pretty much one on one in the dying seconds and slid his shot across the keeper towards the far post and narrowly wide. 

Our patterns of play yesterday created goal scoring opportunities, the evidence is there for the eyes if you watch the highlights. Sky’s “clear cut chances” stat must use some measure most football fans aren’t familiar with cause I’d say hitting the target and drawing saves from the keeper is as clear cut a chance as you’ll see 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Mikeyboy1963 said:

I’m no Warne fan as well documented but this is a lot of rubbish. Burton had a forward hit the post from 8 yards out but they had no clear cut chances? The bar seems incredibly high for what constitutes a clear cut chance based on that alone. 

Do you not consider your player hitting the post when clean through and barkhuizen putting it wide from 8 yards when one on one with the keeper as clear cut chances

20 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m no Warne fan as well documented but this is a lot of rubbish. Burton had a forward hit the post from 8 yards out but they had no clear cut chances? The bar seems incredibly high for what constitutes a clear cut chance based on that alone. 

I don't that it was as close as 8 yards, as Wildsmith is standing on the 6 yard line. It was more like 12 yards, 50% further out.

16822688127055984334157014861948.jpg

Edited by ram59
Extra information

So a penalty isn't even a clear-cut chance on Sky TV? 😂

I'd suggest that they should actually watch the game next time.

9 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Its perhaps all the criticism they read from fans about players who do score - makes them overly nervous. Players are human - do you not think the desperation to claw back form could have affected them?

Playoffs in May 2023

Championship runners-up May 2024 

Mid Premiership May 2025

We’ve done it before

We can do It again!

Come on You Rams!

2 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

Playoffs in May 2023

Championship runners-up May 2024 

Mid Premiership May 2025

We’ve done it before

We can do It again!

Come on You Rams!

Yes we can was there when we went straight up before.

But my post was nothing to do with that and replying to a poster criticising Didzy in another thread!

11 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Is this a new fashion statement, Are they seconds from War on Want or are they aero dynamically suited to make a player go faster when the wind sweeps round...I really don't see a benefit, Like those nose plaster thingies...comical suggestions accepted 👍 

They allow blood flow through the calves and therefore guard against cramp.