Bristol Rovers (A) Sat 15th April

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t say that, the happy clappers will be right on you. Warne is God and you must trust in him.

I am not aware of any happy clappers but there are a lot of realistic supporters who know the restrictions we are working under and the manager is trying to get them performing to a decent level despite some obvious flaws in the playing staff’s abilities who were cobbled together to just field a side most weeks unlike all the other clubs in the league. 

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Losing football. Incredible!

He’s got them playing in a way where the team is greater than the sum of the parts and it’s easy on the eye too. With our players who are a level above their players the football they play would be winning football. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

He’s got them playing in a way where the team is greater than the sum of the parts and it’s easy on the eye too. With our players who are a level above their players the football they play would be winning football. 

We have a group of misfit players put together based on availability rather than style. No one style would solve all of our problems . We need recruitment first and foremost.

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

And yet on Monday we played plenty of passes on the floor and had a load of chances playing “Warne football”. This is a nervy away performance…

Just get the ball on the deck. Pass it around a few times. Retain possession and so on.

Derby concede because we never knew the ball long enough.

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am not aware of any happy clappers but there are a lot of realistic supporters who know the restrictions we are working under and the manager is trying to get them performing to a decent level despite some obvious flaws in the playing staff’s abilities who were cobbled together to just field a side most weeks unlike all the other clubs in the league. 

Don’t make me laugh. The restrictions which allowed us to sign the likes of McGoldrick and Hourihane? Most clubs in the league would kill to have our squad. It’s capable of so much more than this.

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We are winning aren’t we? Barton has been manager there for a couple of seasons now with time to shape the side how he wants. I don’t think we’ll ever see Warne coaching the team to be a slick, possession based side and I accept that rather than railing against it pointlessly.
I do think he’ll add players that allow his preferred 3-5-2 to work in a way it’s intended, fingers crossed that means we’ll be blowing teams away early on with pace and power whatever league we’re in next season. 

I can accept non possession based football but I can’t accept pointless hoofball with no clear patterns of play. All I want from any manager or coach is a team that is greater than the sum of the parts. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We have a group of misfit players put together based on availability rather than style. No one style would solve all of our problems . We need recruitment first and foremost.

Stop giving free passes out ffs. Rosenior had us playing it along the ground (sometimes frustrating how often the centre backs had it) creating absolute buckets of chances but just unable to take them. With the same squad. 

Bird, Knight, Hourihane, McG, NML, Barkhuizen, Cashin, Wildsmith are all excellent players at this level. Let’s not pretend it’s the same as the predicament we were in last season.

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Not seen anyone say that to be honest

Agreed.  The only people who seem to have such strong opinions about Warne are those who didn't want him, will never want him and who will only be happy when he's gone. The rest, I think, recognise that he's a manager who's done well at this level before so worthy of a chance, managing a team thrown together with some obvious gaps and weaknesses and that, in the main, he's doing OK (unless you expected us to win the league by 30 points of course) - and so probably see no need to be a big baby about losing the odd game of football or not playing like Man City every week.  Context is everything and a few just want to ignore it.  I'd much prefer to be playing glorious Mac1 type football and tearing teams apart, but I don't think its realistic at the moment, so you cut your cloth and your expectations accordingly.

Bandying about the 'happy clapper' tag is a bit like all the right wing press getting outraged about absolutely everything then accusing everybody else of being snowflakes.

Edited by LazloW

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

See reply: 

Stop giving free passes out ffs. Rosenior had us playing it along the ground (sometimes frustrating how often the centre backs had it) creating absolute buckets of chances but just unable to take them. With the same squad. 

Bird, Knight, Hourihane, McG, NML, Barkhuizen, Cashin, Wildsmith are all excellent players at this level. Let’s not pretend it’s the same as the predicament we were in last season.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t make me laugh. The restrictions which allowed us to sign the likes of McGoldrick and Hourihane? Most clubs in the league would kill to have our squad. It’s capable of so much more than this.

I would much rather have Ipswich’s Wednesdays Barnsley’s and plymouths that took time to be put together and not thrown together in a week of 14 players. Look at the bench what striker do you bring on to change a game let alone midfield 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

I would much rather have Ipswich’s Wednesdays Barnsley’s and plymouths that took time to be put together and not thrown together in a week of 14 players. Look at the bench what striker do you bring on to change a game let alone midfield 

I’d rather have Ipswich or Wednesdays, but that’s about it. We’ve got a better squad than anyone else. This level of performance is not good enough. Sure the squad depth isn’t great (Warne turned down the chance to improve it in January), but the starting team should be capable of much more than this.