Bristol Rovers (A) Sat 15th April

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I actually agree with the first part of this post. I’d like to see Warne be more proactive and catch Barton off guard. Maybe switch back to a 4-3-3, Smith to right back and Bird on for Collins OR Rooney to right back and Fozzy on for Collins. Potentially Sibley or Dobbin on for Barkhuizen (who has done nothing wrong, just gives them a different threat to think about) 

I’d be tempted to get Knight off - think he’s been poor and given the ball away far too much (as he has been doing for a while, to be honest). Think Sibley could have more of an impact 

When McGoldrick or Collins manage to get their head on to a long ball it turns a hoof into a pass so that’s good. But all the front men have done is flick the ball on, but as the furthermost forwards player they were flicking on to ……. nobody!

Come on Derby, we are better than this - allegedly. 

Edited by DavesaRam

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Look at the football Barton has got them playing. Imagine our players being coached to play like that eh 😮‍💨

We are winning aren’t we? Barton has been manager there for a couple of seasons now with time to shape the side how he wants. I don’t think we’ll ever see Warne coaching the team to be a slick, possession based side and I accept that rather than railing against it pointlessly.
I do think he’ll add players that allow his preferred 3-5-2 to work in a way it’s intended, fingers crossed that means we’ll be blowing teams away early on with pace and power whatever league we’re in next season. 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

This is Warne football all over.

We May well go on and win this game but it’s dreadful. Have we done more than 3 passes before losing it?

It’s simply dreadful.

Don’t say that, the happy clappers will be right on you. Warne is God and you must trust in him.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This is Warne football all over.

We May well go on and win this game but it’s dreadful. Have we done more than 3 passes before losing it?

Its simply dreadful.

And yet on Monday we played plenty of passes on the floor and had a load of chances playing “Warne football”. This is a nervy away performance…

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Played football rather than hoofball. This team is more than capable.

We played football backwards sideways couldn't score away let alone win away from home. It was depressing to watch the centre backs pass it around for 60 minutes of the game. This team don't have the legs to go for 90 minutes its clear to see and its not on the manager if the players keep making mistakes like the goal on Monday. The only critic I have on Warne is his ability to react to when the opposition change formation or personnel. Like the Plymouth manager said just keep them at bay for 60 minutes and then crank up a gear when they are knackered and there legs have gone. If we had fitter players we would have wracked up more points and could have held on in second half of games instead of just being a great 45 minute team. 

1 minute ago, HorsforthRam said:

This isn’t Warne ball or any other type. Regardless of what system we are trying to play, the problem is the players on the pitch are under performing. Not passing and moving. Simple things going awry. Lack of composure and control. To play the passing game, those things are essential. 

Exactly, we played great football in the middle of the season when Warne was here. We're just out of form.

12 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

So what would you have done then different. We had 5 players in July with a bare pre season with a rookie manager who has never manged before and you get a guy with 3 promotions in 5 seasons who hasn't have a meaningful transfer window. Come on tell us what you would have done?

Well said ...

Just remember where we were at . Be thankful we have a team to support 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t say that, the happy clappers will be right on you. Warne is God and you must trust in him.

Warne isn’t god, he is the current manager of the side, with a long term contract. It’s much easier to accept that, take it alongside the context of where the club was, and trust in the overall process of the club. New owner, new manager, new elements to the infrastructure and a likely need for some time for that to gel. 
It’s not about blindly saying Warne is the best manager as he clearly isn’t, but he is THE manager currently and despite the style of football being divisive to individual tastes the club is in a decent position with games still to play. What’s hard to accept about that? 
We had a few years of possession based football without too much happening at the sharp end of the pitch under Cocu/Rooney/Rosenior. We’d get the odd exciting game here and there, which Warne has provided this year too, but essentially it wasn’t serving us either. I’ll at least give the guy a bit of time to implement his methods before completely having a meltdown.