MK Dons (H) Monday 10th April, 3pm KO

2 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

Hope so, but I think it will be less, hard to believe it will only be 2700 less than v Ipswich, particularly as MK will probably only bring 1k.

Well I have seen been give 1500 from some were.

On 07/04/2023 at 23:13, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

consistency with slight rotation will be key for us now.

Slight being the operative word

It’s hard to know how much he should now change things to find a way to play better.  As recent team selection shows -bar Wildsmith ?and Didzy - players can’t even be sure if they’ll start, let alone where they’ll play. Warne might say this is good because they are constantly playing for their places. Problem is it affects their mental prep for games not least because they don’t know who plays alongside them.

First change he makes from Friday should be to move Sibley right up the pitch. Second, start Bird. As you say, apart from that maybe he limits changes to obvious cases of fatigue (NML maybe, who will be targeted after Friday - straight switch for Barks?). Finally, keep Didzy as captain. Don’t think Bird squawks loudly enough 

Always changes at Easter - I expect Barkhauzen to start and probably for Sibley - I would probably risk starting mendiz as it’s usually the first 60 minutes or bust from him anyway. I don’t expect Chester to start two games in three days so Forsyth will probably start again - I would keep two scrappers in central midfield = Smith and Knight but that probably won’t happen 

7 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Is Rooney injured?

I don’t think so, think he missed out against FGR as we had other senior pros available in defence and midfield with Chester back fit, Forsyth, Bird and Davies on the bench etc. 

The only pre match media I’ve seen is a post match interview with Chester following Friday’s game posted on the club’s YouTube channel. So no idea the state of the squad really until 2pm. Chester did say his subbing off was only a precaution as he felt some tightening up, hopefully means he can play again today but will need his fitness managing. 

28 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Is Rooney injured?

Warne touched on this in his post match interview after the FGR game. I think he said he was just not selected. I got sidetracked as to exactly what he said because he blurted out a sentence something along the lines of "I like Rooney but his dad is creepy."

It was a bizarre sentence to come out with. I couldn't decide whether he was joking or serious. In fact I'm gonna go and watch the interview again to try and work it out. The interview is on the club website.

Edit: I may have misheard the sentence and it he actually apparently says "...it sounds a bit creepy." and not "..his dad is creepy."

I may have to go and have a hearing test.🤦

Edited by Steve How Hard?

34 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Warne touched on this in his post match interview after the FGR game. I think he said he was just not selected. I got sidetracked as to exactly what he said because he blurted out a sentence something along the lines of "I like Rooney but his dad is creepy."

It was a bizarre sentence to come out with. I couldn't decide whether he was joking or serious. In fact I'm gonna go and watch the interview again to try and work it out. The interview is on the club website.

Edit: I may have misheard the sentence and it he actually apparently says "...it sounds a bit creepy." and not "..his dad is creepy."

I may have to go and have a hearing test.🤦

Either comment is a little odd. He does overplay/overexplain things in his comments - it gets a bit wearisome.