Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

7 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

If Warne wants to play his beloved back 3, I could see Bielik in the middle playing almost like the old fashioned sweeper. He's not athletic or robust enough to be in a PW midfield.

But on the money he must be on, we have to shift him. Anything close to £2m has to be taken. 

He doesn’t want to play in this league. 

3 hours ago, ExiledinDerby said:

He’s off to Wrexham is the general consensus down there. He wants to move back nearer to family. He’s been a key player for them since he arrived. 

Ahh Wrexham.  I can see why a player who's a regular in a team just promoted from League 1 would go and play for a team just promoted from non league. The new Notts County for League 2. That's going to end well.

money-money-money-make-it-rain.gif

It’ll clearly be a busy summer for us, main focus needs to be defenders and attackers. Whilst I don’t think our midfield has been brilliant this season, I think we’ve been hindered by a lack of real balance/depth in other areas. Maybe one more midfielder to add more energy wouldn’t go amiss.

From some of the good suggestions on this thread, and the expiring contracts list I think if we could attract some of the following then we’d have a good chance next year.

GK - Expect McGee will sign as a back-up and Loach as experienced third choice. That would be this area sorted.

LWB - Ryan Manning, Callum Elder

RWB - Sam Byram, Danny McNamara, Matthew Olosunde

CB - Sonny Bradley, Haydon Roberts, Tomas Kalas, Joel Latibeaudiere

CM - Lewis Wing, Josh Onomah, Ben Osborn, Ben Wiles

CF - Think this is the hardest area to recruit for free, everyone wants a striker. Think we may need to dip into the loan market or “modest fee” area to strengthen here.

10 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

We should 100% be looking at Jensen Weir, Morecambes best player in a lot of their fans opinion and 10G + 5A from midfield is something we need more of since Knight Sibley and Bird combined for only 6 goals this season. Also Brighton scouts liked the look of him when he was 18 which is always a good sign.

We should be looking for a speedy midfielder too, good at preventing opposition attacks. A Jensen Interceptor perhaps.

scared forrest gump GIF

26 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

We should 100% be looking at Jensen Weir, Morecambes best player in a lot of their fans opinion and 10G + 5A from midfield is something we need more of since Knight Sibley and Bird combined for only 6 goals this season. Also Brighton scouts liked the look of him when he was 18 which is always a good sign.

There's a chance we may only line up with 2 CMs, like we did for the last few games of the season. I can't see us signing another CM without selling at least a couple of Bird, Knight, Hourihane, Sibley, Smith and Tommo.

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There's a chance we may only line up with 2 CMs, like we did for the last few games of the season. I can't see us signing another CM without selling at least a couple of Bird, Knight, Hourihane, Sibley, Smith and Tommo.

I think we could move to 3 in the middle, Also very likely that Knight moves on and Sibley stays out wide whether that's LWB or LW, Don't think Warne fancies Thompson either. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

None of these I hope? 😄😉 

image.thumb.png.ed3da2d254f13f2dae6cf283269391e5.png

Wingers/forwards who have played at least 1035 minutes...

Liam Delap (617 mins at Preston) - 6.07
Sam Bell and Albert Adomah - 6.25
Karlan Grant, Josh Magennis and Mark Harris - 6.26
Billy Sharp and Shei Ojo - 6.31
Ben Woodburn, Ryan Longman, Shayne Lavery and Dimi Pelkas - 6.32
Tyler Burey - 6.34
CJ Hamilton and Idam Idah - 6.36
Georgie Kelly and Ashley Fletcher - 6.37
Thelo Aasgard and Liam Delap (Stoke) - 6.38

I wonder what’ll be next for Liam Delap now, went from having Southampton interested in a £15mil move, to scoring 4 goals in 36 league games in the Championship.

He’s just been called up for the U20 World Cup so that might reignite some form, if not maybe a season on familiar territory in League 1 might do him some good…

12 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Good shout. We are all talking about Automatic- that means 90 odd points and 90 odd goals. We need 6 players to score 10 and one to score 20. Don’t think Bird will get to 10 in his career. Warne knows , players in-coming soon.

8 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Good shout. We are all talking about Automatic- that means 90 odd points and 90 odd goals. We need 6 players to score 10 and one to score 20 and 10 more from randoms

FTFY

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t think Bird will get to 10 in his career.

Yeah but...

17 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He's had a terrible year by all accounts, still I expect Championship clubs to be interested next season. 

Great chance to get him for the season in the third division at a much cheaper cost base - we need a big lump who can actually run - he would find his scoring boots with the chances he would get here - Stoke and Preston are not known to play any actual football