Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

Just a thought (I'll leave it here so I can claim great wisdom and insight if it comes true 🙂) - if City are bombed out of the league for such apparently blatant rule breaches, will we see the re-birth of the Super League? (can't imagine City wanting to go through what Rangers did and work their way back up through the league structure) - and if so, will the PL & EFL have the balls to tell any club leaving to join such a league that they will never be welcomed back to the doemstic leagues? It would take some big nadgers from those in control (which they've never shown any evidence of so far), but could this be the opportunity for a reset that the game in England so desparately needs?

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Just a thought (I'll leave it here so I can claim great wisdom and insight if it comes true 🙂) - if City are bombed out of the league for such apparently blatant rule breaches, will we see the re-birth of the Super League? (can't imagine City wanting to go through what Rangers did and work their way back up through the league structure) - and if so, will the PL & EFL have the balls to tell any club leaving to join such a league that they will never be welcomed back to the doemstic leagues? It would take some big nadgers from those in control (which they've never shown any evidence of so far), but could this be the opportunity for a reset that the game in England so desparately needs?

Players and contracts

Would the present players still want to play for City if they are demoted down with the dead men, Would their contracts/agents accept this?

The Super League never went away, I believe the giant clubs are still in conversation, If they do eff off to this, Where would Sky go?, Would we the customer still sign up, Would the rest of the world want to see Bournemouth Vs Burnley(will be promoted this season), Or the dogs Vs Wolves, Not too many I guess.

I see a compromise being hatched, A fine...but that then opens a can of worms for other clubs wanting restitution for "losses incurred", The football authorities are in a no win situation 😁👍

So the EPL/EFL need to have their Doc Martens on as they need to tread very carefully  

On 12/09/2024 at 22:04, Day said:

Actually wouldn’t shock me. They’ve already started the ball rolling with taking legal action against the PL.

They can afford the best of the best in legal teams.

Was just reading their lawyer, Lord Pannick (great name) is reputedly on £5000 an hour!!!! And that's just him, forget the rest of their legal team. The mind boggles. 

On 13/09/2024 at 17:54, Ram-Alf said:

Players and contracts

Would the present players still want to play for City if they are demoted down with the dead men, Would their contracts/agents accept this?

The Super League never went away, I believe the giant clubs are still in conversation, If they do eff off to this, Where would Sky go?, Would we the customer still sign up, Would the rest of the world want to see Bournemouth Vs Burnley(will be promoted this season), Or the dogs Vs Wolves, Not too many I guess.

I see a compromise being hatched, A fine...but that then opens a can of worms for other clubs wanting restitution for "losses incurred", The football authorities are in a no win situation 😁👍

So the EPL/EFL need to have their Doc Martens on as they need to tread very carefully  

I don't see Wolves being relegated.

1 hour ago, Poynton ram said:

What do we think Citeh will get? Modest fine and a slap on the wrist methinks

Probably very little if anything. I wouldn’t be surprised if they find a number of loopholes in the premier league rules.

Leicester have spoilt football for me really, where they intentionally break the intention of a rule then be let off on a technicality.

Without changing the topic too much it annoys me how they claimed they weren’t in the EFL when charged by them, only to claim they weren’t in the Premier league at the same time when charged by the premier league.

1 hour ago, Day said:

IMG_6665.jpeg

Shay Given a life sentence

Alan (Old) Bailey     Kevin Bond     Joe Royle Pardon     Tony Book

Joey Bar-ton     Lee Crooks     Old Bill Eadie     Ray Freeman 

Shaun Goater jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200     Denis Law

On the bench:

Roy Cheetham (Billham & Scarper)

Tom Forman of the jury

On 16/09/2024 at 10:07, BucksRam said:

Was just reading their lawyer, Lord Pannick (great name) is reputedly on £5000 an hour!!!! And that's just him, forget the rest of their legal team. The mind boggles. 

Probably on the same pay as Lingaard was on at the Gumps 

2 hours ago, Day said:

IMG_6665.jpeg

The EPLs legal team have appealed on Manchetser City's legal team, They say all the team were signed on after the transfer deadline, The EPLs legal advisor Rick Parry of the EFL has advised the EPL that they can't see how Manchester City can win after advising Rob Couhig on his purchase of Reading FC👍

1 hour ago, Shipley Ram said:

I could go with the article if they could at least get their facts right about us. We were not found guilty of any wrongdoing over the sale of the stadium to a sister company. It makes you doubt the rest of their "facts".