Peterborough United vs Derby County

cannable

4 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

In my opinion the game is lost if that foul on White is a penalty. We are already heading for a non contact sport, if fans now accept that an honest challenge for the ball should be given as a penalty then let's all knock it on the head and go home.

You have to score when you're playing well, it's always been true and unfortunately it is that, more than anything, that is holding us back at the moment. Get that right and everything else will fall into place.

Have you watched the penalty given against us at Plymouth recently? Compared with that White was assaulted. Interesting that non contacts result in penalties against us while definite trips are rarely given to us. Why the clear differential?

12 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Yes and its @David with his "just promote us now thread"!!!  Right up there with the gypsy curse. I'm sort of joking but also sort of believe it esp the longer this just goes on. I know I am crazily superstitious but I dont care

🙄

2 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I quite like Dobbin, he has pace, works hard, and on his day full backs can’t handle him.  Granted he needs to work on his finishing.  But we need to remember he’s a young lad playing his first full season - there’s a reason why he’s on loan in L1 and not playing for Everton in the PL.  I do think he’s better coming off the bench though and has more impact the Barkhuizen.  Start Barkhuizen, bring Dobbin on after 60mins.

That’s it for me, Warne and his staff need to find a way to best use the players at their disposal. To ignore Dobbin’s assets entirely as some suggest seems nonsensical, so using Barkhuizen and NML to start then bringing Dobbin on as they and the opponents tire for his raw pace and dribbling is an option. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

19 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Oh so you're not black? Just speaking with authority on what offends black people like me? Colour me absolutely shocked. Shocked I say. Have a nice night out, sorry to have interrupted it by replying every time you reply to me.

how about listening to the player who the song is about.... he's been interviewed about it and said he likes it and it's Mcgoldrick's (another mixed race player) favourite song. Why not take their word for it and accept the South Stand sing it because it's a catchy tune and a bit of harmless fun

Just so utterly predictable tbh. Thought even though we were camped in their half in the first half we really struggled to make any breakthroughs going forward. They look uncoached and unpracticed in a style of play beyond 'press hard and high'. Our middle second half looked powder puff- there were a couple of instances in the first half when they broke through and looked dangerous. They capitalised on that in the second half as we tired slightly. 

Defensively we made errors that were rightly punished and there seemed to be little chance of us changing the game once we went behind. Our record against the top half is so poor questions have to be asked at this point. The coaching looks non-existent, our transitions are so poor and we appear to have little to no pattern of play. Teams have rightfully worked out if they sit in, use their pace and have a structure they can beat us. Honestly don't expect the playoffs now. 

9 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Just so utterly predictable tbh. Thought even though we were camped in their half in the first half we really struggled to make any breakthroughs going forward. They look uncoached and unpracticed in a style of play beyond 'press hard and high'. Our middle second half looked powder puff- there were a couple of instances in the first half when they broke through and looked dangerous. They capitalised on that in the second half as we tired slightly. 

Defensively we made errors that were rightly punished and there seemed to be little chance of us changing the game once we went behind. Our record against the top half is so poor questions have to be asked at this point. The coaching looks non-existent, our transitions are so poor and we appear to have little to no pattern of play. Teams have rightfully worked out if they sit in, use their pace and have a structure they can beat us. Honestly don't expect the playoffs now. 

This about covers it. 

I've only just watched the 'highlights' : trip on White was a penalty - the minor deflection off the Boro defenders toe doesn't mitigate the trip. The assault on White by a couple of their players afterwards deserved more than one yellow card. A mate who was there said the ref was incompetent and the only play I've seen bears that out.

Poor defending for both goals, but Wildsmith will, I think, be annoyed with himself at being beaten on his near post for the first and failing to make a safe save for the second. He's been done on his near post a few times now and perhaps the GK coach needs to do a bit of work with him. Two other very good saves though, so he's certainly not responsible for the defeat.

Yesterday's result was one which I did expect even through rose tinted glasses. I thought we may get a draw out of it before the match started but going in at half time still not having scored I thought there was an inevitability about the outcome. Despondent yes. Think we have blown our chances of the playoffs - possibly. However, we have 8 (and a very outside chance of 11 games) to go. But we have a team to support, a chairman who really does care about this great football club of ours, a fan base that most teams are envious of, and a manager who will eventually succeed given the time. We have been spoilt by that unbeaten run and, now we are struggling to maintain a top six finish. But we have somewhere to go to on a Saturday afternoon,somewhere to congregate and share our passion for DCFC. Quite a few people on here have really forgotten what deep despair we were in and whether we would have a club? If we get into the playoffs - fantastic achievement. If not then we go again next season. I will renew my season ticket when they come out. I will bellow my support. Life's too short for goodness sake. Let's get behind the lads again this Saturday and beyond. DCFC is still here (do you hear Gibson; Wycombe chairman, Florist fans etc.)  and we WILL be back where we belong soon. UTR!

21 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

I'm gonna say it. He started playing worse as soon as we came out with that awful chant for him. Ran his socks off and was rewarded with a borderline racist song that insults his appearance. Another quality piece of lyrical genius there from the south stand.

tv land GIF by YoungerTV

17 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Results aren’t going well so people are looking for someone to blame. Naturally the manager is going to get it, it’s always the most obvious target. We question his tactics, the same tactics we won 6 in a row with and while drawing with Wednesday putting up a performance that on another day would’ve beaten them. We question his in game tactical changes, Peterborough changed and started controlling the game why didn’t Warne react? React with what? What formation and what personnel changes could’ve changed what happened in the second half? A rapid powerful centre forward of the bench maybe? We have a 33 year old target man to replace or play with a 35 year old. We’ve played all season without a right back, with one natural centre back two ageing centre forwards, taking Knight out of squad today then leaves us with minimal midfield options. It’s looking like the season is taking its toll on some players now sadly, but seriously what did people expect?

At some point the excuse of only having 5 players into a short preseason and nearly not having a club will no longer be valid, but it is absolutely 100% valid this season. We’ve done well to be where we are and hopefully we can get in the playoffs (we still have a great chance of this btw) and then anyone has a chance in the playoffs. But most people thought this would take 2 years. We are not one of the three best teams in this league.

As for today, excellent first half but we lacked belief in the final third and it cost us massively. They score on a counter attack with first shot of the game - white pressed well won the ball but Bird and Hourihane were too slow backing him up allowing them to pick us off and hit us on the counter. Poor defending and keeping for second I think although Sun was in my eyes. Looked a pen on White and he was unlucky not to score. Bird and Hourihane who were outstanding first half were chasing shadows in the second. Cash and Foz struggled second half, Dobbin’s end product continues to frustrate, Mendez going off the boil and think he got a kick as well. Players to emerge with credit in my view are White who was excellent, Roberts and I thought both Sibs and Collo did well coming off the bench.

We can question team selection and subs and tactics. Thought Warne got it right with how we played first half, we didn’t have the belief to get the goal, we then concede and didn’t have enough to get back in it with players who are running out of steam and a lack of sub options which are all much of a muchness. 

We need to start winning at home, we do that and pick up one win on the road that should be enough.

spot on mate  COYR

The lack of a clearly defined shape towards the end of l the match is explained by Paul Warne’s RD interview. He said he had simply  put a load of attacking players onto the pitch - no plan, just attackers. He would rather lose 3 - 0 having a go than lose 1 - 0 at a whimper is what he said. Which rather questions starting the match with a preponderance of defensive-minded players.

Sadly he seemed oblivious to the opposition changing their shape and tactics and us failing to deal with it, even though it happens almost every match. He just thinks that Peterborough simply upped their tempo in the second half and we didn’t keep up.

So is he having to he careful what ge says about the restrictions we are under, or is he as blind to the obvious as it seems?

18 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

I can see you're thinking about this, so thank you very much for that. Racism is sometimes using certain language to belittle or attack a specific set of people. If I told you to go back to Africa, that would be nonsense. If you said the same to me, that would be different.

It doesn't have to be universally offensive to be racist. In fact, inclusive language is something that should absolutely be encouraged. It sounds like that's something that you're thinking about, which is excellent. So thank you.

Actually I would be more worried about the song being “neckist”.

5 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

When we went in at half time at 0-0 I knew that we’d lose the game. I also think that applies to the players and the manager.

How we are seemingly unable to perform at the same level for 95 minutes will be the reason why we won’t be promoted this season. 

good for you , you werent disappointed then

52 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I've only just watched the 'highlights' : trip on White was a penalty - the minor deflection off the Boro defenders toe doesn't mitigate the trip. A mate who was there said the ref was incompetent and the only play I've seen bears that out.

😁

Edited by The Last Post

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We moved it around nicely, about sums it up. Not much incisiveness not much aggression going forward, but it was quite nice at times. My 'dislike' for White for stems from the fact it is him playing rather than Sibley. Or Bird or Hourihane. Three extremely similar nice midfielders.

They struggled to get out of their half but we struggled to get in their box. 

Another poor team choice from Warne including when and who he subbed.

absolute nonsense ...you really do talk some utter tosh at times ....go and read the posh supporters comments, we totally dominated the first half it was the best he'd seen at there place, Warne's choice of midfield was spot on ....you must be watching a different game ....up front we had zilch...relying on Didzy who's never been prolific and is not really a number 9 ??

Collins is poor and we have not much else up front....where do you think the goals are coming from?? if you're relying on the mids to score loads thats unlikely to happen , we need more goals from our front players, also some movement to create space for others would'nt hurt, Dobbin is  rabbit in the headlights most of the time and Didzy is not the answer but good job we have him as otherwise we'd not be in top 6 at all .....put 2 decent forwards in our side and we'll be fine...but yeah ....its because Warne chose the wrong line up!! pmsl....if you watch the first half again you'll be quite embarrased at your statement....the second half would've been totally different had we scored a couple whilst in TOTAL dominance of the game...but you carry on blaming the midfield ......lol

The midfield done there jobs yesterday IMO but as the posh fan said we looked very weak up top....we lack one probably two pacey strong Central Strikers ....midfield is NOT to blame ....

7 minutes ago, S8TY said:

...Collins is poor and we have not much else up front....where do you think the goals are coming from?? if you're relying on the mids to score loads thats unlikely to happen , we need more goals from our front players, also some movement to create space for others would'nt hurt, Dobbin is  rabbit in the headlights most of the time and Didzy is not the answer but good job we have him as otherwise we'd not be in top 6 at all .....put 2 decent forwards in our side and we'll be fine...but yeah ....its because Warne chose the wrong line up!! pmsl....if you watch the first half again you'll be quite embarrased at your statement....the second half would've been totally different had we scored a couple whilst in TOTAL dominance of the game...but you carry on blaming the midfield ......lol

The midfield done there jobs yesterday IMO but as the posh fan said we looked very weak up top....we lack one probably two pacey strong Central Strikers ....midfield is NOT to blame ....

And we rely on our nice midfield to provide them with the chances? Read the #DCFC comments on here and social media they were watching a different game to the Posh fans. Perhaps if you enumerated the chances our dominant midfield created? 

Edited by RoyMac5