Peterborough United vs Derby County

cannable

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

And we rely on our nice midfield to provide them with the chances? Read the #DCFC comments on here and social media they were watching a different game to the Posh fans. Perhaps if you enumerated the chances our dominant midfield created? 

I'm so glad I don't sit or stand anywhere near you, you just moaaaaan all the time....go and watch the first half again and tell me the midfield was poor ....actaully don't as i don't really care what you think if I'm honest , just a miserable f*****

I try console myself with the following 

Given the restrictions imposed on us we have punched above our weight and have already exceeded all pre season expectations.

Our senior players appear to have simply run out of legs and puff, I see no lack of motivation or application.

We are still in with a chance of the playoffs 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

I'm so glad I don't sit or stand anywhere near you, you just moaaaaan all the time....go and watch the first half again and tell me the midfield was poor ....actaully don't as i don't really care what you think if I'm honest , just a miserable f*****

The midfield in terms of creating actual chances were poor and few in number. How many times was the keeper tested in the first half? Yes, we dominated the possession and the territory but we created precious little. Both of things can be true at the same time.

21 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Why is everyone so worried?

Virgin will be round on Monday to fix the Internet in the Warne household.

Just in time for him to read the forum, learn how to manage second halves, and guide us to an 11-match winning run.

See you at Wembley, folks.

I doubt Virgin could get the Internet running fast enough for Warne.

Anyway I think you will find Paul is much more of a TalkTalk sort of guy.

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The easiest thing to do to prove or disprove your assertion is to get a series of timemachines (to obviously make it a fair test) then port in Rosenoir over the same period you're sampling plus a number of other League 1 managers - then compare the outcome with that of Warne so see how many managers have a more favourable or unfavourable record. 

If we could get a timemachine in, I would'nt bother swapping and changing managers around. I would just bring in Peter Shilton, Roy Macfarland, Colin Todd, Archie Gemmill, Charlie George and Kevin Hector.

12 hours ago, plymouthram said:

If we could get a timemachine in, I would'nt bother swapping and changing managers around. I would just bring in Peter Shilton, Roy Macfarland, Colin Todd, Archie Gemmill, Charlie George and Kevin Hector.

it’s not in the EFl business plan 

14 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

The midfield in terms of creating actual chances were poor and few in number. How many times was the keeper tested in the first half? Yes, we dominated the possession and the territory but we created precious little. Both of things can be true at the same time.

There are plenty of goals in this team. Didzie’s worldies, Knight muscling the ball over the line, Fozzie/Cashin header from a fk/corner, 🐦 from the blue yonder, Sibley from anywhere. Or even Collins’ ingenious dummy header with the defender deftly slotting it home. We just need one a game if we keep a clean sheet. So let’s dominate midfield, have our midfield protect the defence,  and win 1-0. We have the players to do that

I have to say the policing of the match was awful. Overly aggressive, constantly hassling people having a drink and imo they goaded many younger lads into stepping out of line then nicking them .

There were a few arrests near the end of the match . I’m not sure what happened but the police waded in heavy handed and smiling while the nicked the supporters.

Even after the match there were 8 police cars and two meat wagons in 1 road leading to the Queen’s gate shopping precinct. There were also plain clothed coppers all with hand held cameras filming everyone ( which also went on in the match . I guess the CVTV cameras weren’t up to it)

The coppers we’re chasing a lad around the market square and 3 of them had him on the ground and the police football officer who had been hassling supporters in the Charters pub earlier then gave the lad 4 swift right hands into his ribs in full view of people walking by.

When a bloke shouted “leave him alone he’s cuffed up” the PFO told him to pi$$ off .

The last bit of goading was on the train station. The police were in everyone’s face being aggressive , then stepped back and an argument started with 2 groups of lads and just as the train pulled in they nicked a few of them 

Sorry for the rant but this was the worst policing I have seen since the 80s and I wouldn’t rush to go back again .

4 minutes ago, Jortat said:

I have to say the policing of the match was awful. Overly aggressive, constantly hassling people having a drink and imo they goaded many younger lads into stepping out of line then nicking them ...

Sorry for the rant but this was the worst policing I have seen since the 80s and I wouldn’t rush to go back again .

Trained by The Met?

26 minutes ago, Jortat said:

I have to say the policing of the match was awful. Overly aggressive, constantly hassling people having a drink and imo they goaded many younger lads into stepping out of line then nicking them .

There were a few arrests near the end of the match . I’m not sure what happened but the police waded in heavy handed and smiling while the nicked the supporters.

Even after the match there were 8 police cars and two meat wagons in 1 road leading to the Queen’s gate shopping precinct. There were also plain clothed coppers all with hand held cameras filming everyone ( which also went on in the match . I guess the CVTV cameras weren’t up to it)

The coppers we’re chasing a lad around the market square and 3 of them had him on the ground and the police football officer who had been hassling supporters in the Charters pub earlier then gave the lad 4 swift right hands into his ribs in full view of people walking by.

When a bloke shouted “leave him alone he’s cuffed up” the PFO told him to pi$$ off .

The last bit of goading was on the train station. The police were in everyone’s face being aggressive , then stepped back and an argument started with 2 groups of lads and just as the train pulled in they nicked a few of them 

That’s really shocking to hear and certainly the polar opposite of what I witnessed.

The policing at Barnsley, however, how long have you got……..,

56 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

That’s really shocking to hear and certainly the polar opposite of what I witnessed.

The policing at Barnsley, however, how long have you got……..,

Same here. I’m not for one moment doubting it happened, why would anyone make it up? but I personally found the police and stewards at Peterborough quite friendly.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Same here. I’m not for one moment doubting it happened, why would anyone make it up? but I personally found the police and stewards at Peterborough quite friendly.

I saw the incident towards the end where I think a steward had done something, several younger derby fans having a bit of a go. Stewards then grab all of them, police obviously back them up. Was all very unnecessary.

5 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

I saw the incident towards the end where I think a steward had done something, several younger derby fans having a bit of a go. Stewards then grab all of them, police obviously back them up. Was all very unnecessary.

Sorry yes. I also saw an incident at the right hand side behind the goal. I obviously couldn’t hear what was being said but, judging by the fact that the stewards and police seemed to be keeping quite calm and took a while before hauling the individuals out whilst the individuals seemed to want to keep the argument going and returning to their seats, my guess would be that it was the supporters who were the protagonists. Apologies if anyone was near the incident and my guess is wrong.

23 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Yes we were in that corner just on the side. Older steward initially totally wound up a group of young lads at the gate who were silly/drunk enough to fall for it and all were taken out - heavy handed and encouraging it to happen. Smirking stewards/police after. Filmed them for rest of match just in case they stirred anything further up with our fans but they didnt. Very uncalled for

17 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes we were in that corner just on the side. Older steward initially totally wound up a group of young lads at the gate who were silly/drunk enough to fall for it and all were taken out - heavy handed and encouraging it to happen. Smirking stewards/police after. Filmed them for rest of match just in case they stirred anything further up with our fans but they didnt. Very uncalled for

Yeah I did think even if wound up the derby fans were arguing with stewards for a good five minutes. Wasn’t really going anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Jortat said:

You should definitely write to the constabulary and outline all of this. They are very sensitive to this stuff given the coals the met have been dragged over 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

You should definitely write to the constabulary and outline all of this. They are very sensitive to this stuff given the coals the met have been dragged over 

Good luck with that when they won’t even come out if your house has been burgled.

Going off on a bit of a rant here, but how come there’s loads of coppers about on match day, but not when you really need one? Is it because the club has to pay the cost? If so, it’s getting like the NHS!

Edited by Grumpy Git

10 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Good luck with that when they won’t even come out if your house has been burgled.

Going off on a bit of a rant here, but how come there’s loads of coppers about on match day, but not when you really need one? Is it because the club has to pay the cost? If so, it’s getting like the NHS!

If they need to protect themselves, they will be all over it.  If it’s you who needs protecting, that might be different 

41 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

This entirely. I had my car broken into while parked on the drive one night. Scum went through my lads backpack that he had left on the backseat, just school books, lunchbox and pencil case inside. Caught it all on the security cameras, faces clear as anything and they left a hammer in the footwell. Reported and passed onto police, they pretty much said as nothing was stolen, they weren't interested as they had no suspects. Over two years later now and I've given up waiting. Nobody came to see me, they didn't want the found hammer or any security footage. Waste of time.