Fleetwood Home Sat 18th March 3.00pm

hintonsboots

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I absolutely do, hence my point about it complementing them...How much better would Byrne have been as an example if he was a few inches taller and a bit stronger? I love Cashin, and would love him more if he grew a few inches taller so he could win even more headers in both boxes. I think if we are able to do so, adding a couple of those types of players in the summer makes us stronger. 

How much chance do we have of signing your type of midfielder given the constraints we're under? I wish for a skilful, 20 goals a season, big strong striker...

Edit: oh and about our unbeaten run, without a tall Byrne or skilful, athletic, strong midfielder, how?

Edited by RoyMac5

21 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We have got 10 points from 9 games.  That is relegation form. And we have dropped seven points against lowly opposition .. at home. It's not just a wobble, its a full on meltdown. 

Since beating Morecambe at home 5-0, we have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 4. 11 points from 27.

It’s only three points worse than Rosenior’s opening salvo which had us in the top 10 but apparently it’s relegation form?

Let’s not overreact. We’re having a wobble. If we had lost four out of nine and were fully deserving of that, you’d have a point that it’s heading for a meltdown.

However we have fallen on the wrong side of fine margins in several games. We could have beaten Lincoln and Shrewsbury and we could have drawn v Plymouth and Wycombe on another day. Even the same could be said for Barnsley too. Some of those goals were fortuitous in the extreme.

The only result and performance that has been genuinely poor is today’s. We have showed signs of what we are capable of in all other games otherwise.

Edited by Jourdan

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much chance do we have of signing your type of midfielder given the constraints we're under? I wish for a skilful, 20 goals a season, big strong striker...

I’m not spoiling for an argument here Roy so if that’s what you’re looking for I’m sorry. I have expressed an opinion, a fairly logical one I think, that we could do with a bit more physicality/athleticism within the squad to complement our technical players. We have been bullied by certain types teams for a few seasons, there’s been less of that this season as evidenced by the brilliant run we went on, in my view there would be less of it still if we added a couple of players.
We stand plenty of chance of adding those players. We managed to recruit some very good players in the summer without a recruitment team in place, we now have a recruitment team. We are able to compete with wages against some clubs as per the recruitment for this season. We will have more time to recruit than we did last year as the situation we’re in is far less dire. There will be gems to be found from lower league, this league, Scotland, Ireland, academy cast offs, championship etc.

An example of the type of player I mean is NML, he is a physically stronger and seemingly faster player than Jozwiak or Ebiowei and has improved that area of the pitch for us. 

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m not spoiling for an argument here Roy so if that’s what you’re looking for I’m sorry. I have expressed an opinion, a fairly logical one I think, that we could do with a bit more physicality/athleticism within the squad to complement our technical players. We have been bullied by certain types teams for a few seasons, there’s been less of that this season as evidenced by the brilliant run we went on, in my view there would be less of it still if we added a couple of players.
We stand plenty of chance of adding those players. We managed to recruit some very good players in the summer without a recruitment team in place, we now have a recruitment team. We are able to compete with wages against some clubs as per the recruitment for this season. We will have more time to recruit than we did last year as the situation we’re in is far less dire. There will be gems to be found from lower league, this league, Scotland, Ireland, academy cast offs, championship etc.

An example of the type of player I mean is NML, he is a physically stronger and seemingly faster player than Jozwiak or Ebiowei and has improved that area of the pitch for us. 

And I expressed an opinion about the kind of striker I think we need.

Reality has nothing to do with it?

Edit: oh and you still didn't answer how we managed the long unbeaten run without the magical midfielder? As for striker well Didzy came through, but he's not a long term answer unfortunately.

Edited by RoyMac5

Just got in, Not read the thread yet, PW got it horribly wrong, I'm a Curtis fan he's been a good servant for us...but I've said it before he's shot time to hang those boots up, PW got it wrong at the back...Forsyth was awful at left side, Davis was just awful, Cashin seemed to be on the racecourse in Chadd, A Sunday afternoon player, Midfield shocking all of em, Wingbacks shocking both of em, Collins what can he do if he doesn't get any sort of service, That 45 mins was some of the worst football I've seen in a good while.

Taking Bird and Hourihane of with a couple of mins left in the 1st half sent a clear message...your garbage Derby, I could see Davis coming off at HT but damage done, Scot Brown Fleetwood manager aint no fool, Keep all behind the ball in the 2nd half and all will be fine, He was right, A couple of half chances is about all we got.

I'm still confident we'll make the playoffs...But...those players need to take a good look at themselves after todays performance, There's plenty of plusses in PWs pocket, He'd better learn and learn quick, That changing what was a good formation in the main for another one because it's only Fleetwood we're playing will get you nothing but howls of disgust.

Edited by The Last Post

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

And I expressed an opinion about the kind of striker I think we need.

Reality has nothing to do with it?

Yep, you’re clearly looking to pick an argument where there isn’t one. I have explained my rationale and how realistically we can sign players of that ilk in the summer to further improve the squad and continue rebuilding the club. Your choice of words was that you “wish” for a 20 goal a season striker, which I think implies you think there’s no logic in what I’m saying at all and I’m some sort of fantasist.

We have a good squad, they showed it by going unbeaten for a large chunk of the season, a point I made in an earlier post. I think we will do well again before the season is out despite this poor form. My point about how I would like to see some physicality and athleticism added to the squad is about further improving what we have and continuing to be better. 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

...We have a good squad, they showed it by going unbeaten for a large chunk of the season, a point I made in an earlier post. I think we will do well again before the season is out despite this poor form. My point about how I would like to see some physicality and athleticism added to the squad is about further improving what we have and continuing to be better. 

As was mine about our next skilful 20 goal a season striker. I can easily see areas that could be improved - a right back as well.

I asked about the reality of your wishes. That seems a fair comment but you chose to ignore the reality of our situation and accuse me of picking an argument. It's not arguing asking about the chances of a scenario happening. 

If the manager insists on boiling play down to working hard with little else then I’m not sure it’s really acceptable to not even be able to motivate them to do that.

Can think of a few occasions he’s talked about lacking work rate in the side. At half time he subbed off the one player who looked like he was bothered so not sure what he wants really.

Oh well, hard to be too bothered about this as I suspect it’s a bed we’ll be lying in for a few years yet and it’s something a lot of fans wanted. 

I left that game thinking that first 45 minutes was the worst I'd ever seen a Derby side play taking into account the opposition as a levelling tool.  Thought at the end maybe it wasn't as bad as I recalled.  Bloke walks past saying the first 45 minutes was the worst I'd ever seen a Derby side play taking into account the standard of opposition.

Seems I was right after all and I've seen a fair bit of s**** in 40 years.

12 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Just got in, Not read the thread yet, PW got it horribly wrong, I'm a Curtis fan he's been a good servant for us...but I've said it before he's shot time to hang those boots up, PW got it wrong at the back...Forsyth was awful at left side, Davis was just awful, Cashin seemed to be on the racecourse in Chadd, A Sunday afternoon player, Midfield shocking all of em, Wingbacks shocking both of em, Collins what can he do if he doesn't get any sort of service, That 45 mins was some of the worst football I've seen in a good while.

Taking Bird and Hourihane of with a couple of mins left in the 1st half sent a clear message...your garbage Derby, I could see Davis coming off at HT but damage done, Scot Brown Fleetwood manager aint no fool, Keep all behind the ball in the 2nd half and all will be fine, He was right, A couple of half chances is about all we got.

I'm still confident we'll make the playoffs...But...those players need to take a good look at themselves after todays performance, There's plenty of plusses in PWs pocket, He'd better learn and learn quick, That changing what was a good formation in the main for another one because it's only Fleetwood we're playing will get you nothing but howls of disgust.

Did you mean Sibbo rather than Bird coming off?

46 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Curtis Davies is finished as a player. Superb servant, just past it now.

I got lambasted when I said it a few weeks ago but I think people will see it.

We’ve done okay with Cashin and Forsyth at CB. Roberts played well at LB and Smith, despite being the softest player we’ve ever had, has been okay at RB.

That’s our best defence.

Bird will prove his worth again, Knight is a must and McGoldrick (not the one we saw today) obviously starts.

That is the basis of a top six side.

I like Dobbin because he keeps defenders busy.

We can come back but it’s a mental battle now.

I saw players unable to play a ten yard pass today. That’s scrambled brains.

For some reason we keep getting sucked in to kick and rush tactics. Strong characters need to get the team playing it on the ground.

We are technically superior but physically inferior to most teams in the league.

If the players can work that out, we’ll be okay.

For some reason we keep getting sucked in to kick and rush tactics. I think you will find that has been Paul Warne’s modus operandi for the last 7 seasons. 

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

My first real concern over Warney. Is he a bit of a Southgate type that needs to pick his big name players whether they deserve it or not?

I hope not, it seemed obvious that Curtis is not match fit so why start him against a pumped up and eager team like Fleetwood?

I think Curtis might be as match fit as he's going to get.  The legs are gone I'm afraid.  For their second with Marriott behind and not picked up, he had to slightly delay his movement to get out to the fella running at him and it was clear he had no chance of getting there 3 seconds before he scored.