Fleetwood Home Sat 18th March 3.00pm

hintonsboots

Wildsmith 

Rooney      Forsyth           Cashin      Roberts

Bird              Hourihane 

Knight            Sibley              Springett    
                         Mcgoldrick 

- Good opportunity to rest NML who clearly needs it.

- Roberts and Rooney gives us more energy with the fullbacks.

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, I'll be knocking one off... the attendance figure!

Been Man-Flu'd up since last Friday evening, and tested +ve for covid every morning since!  Muckerette too, since Monday am.

Just about rid myself of symptoms now, but those two pink lines means I really should think of others, and stay away.

Give the lads a big "C'mon Derby" from me!  ?

Managed to keep covid-clear until now.  I knew I'd catch up once it was no longer fashionable!  ?

I’m getting knocked off as well - we have a rare visit from my grandkids!

Wildsmith 

Davies      Fozzie       Cashin

Smith        Bird  White        Barkhuizen 

Knight     Sibley 
                      McGoldrick 

dobbin, tommo, springett, Hourihane, gk, Rooney, NML

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Wildsmith 

Davies      Fozzie       Cashin

Smith        Bird  White        Barkhuizen 

Knight     Sibley 
                      McGoldrick 

dobbin, tommo, springett, Hourihane, gk, Rooney, NML

Not sure that Smith is a wing back, nor Barks. Prefer to stick to a back 4 ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure that Smith is a wing back, nor Barks. Prefer to stick to a back 4 ?

Didn’t mention wing backs. Smith certainly isn’t one, Barks (not a back!) does well out wide and even in my starting formation there is scope for him to move out right (where he’s more comfortable). Otherwise, Knight does this on the right and Sibley and Barks give width on the left. But we don’t present much aerial threat so width is more to stretch the defence than to put in crosses.

The starting line up is no more than that - more important is where the players are told to heat the pitch in what scenarios and this is not something that is getting sufficient attention just now. That’s why we see so many players isolated 

Edited by kevinhectoring

7 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I’m getting knocked off as well - we have a rare visit from my grandkids!

Fear not, my wife and I will make up the numbers. Don’t get down too often but currently having it large in the cosy club, (yep. we’re crazy kids!) and will rock the north stand tomorrow. COYR. 

22 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, I'll be knocking one off... the attendance figure!

Been Man-Flu'd up since last Friday evening, and tested +ve for covid every morning since!  Muckerette too, since Monday am.

Just about rid myself of symptoms now, but those two pink lines means I really should think of others, and stay away.

Give the lads a big "C'mon Derby" from me!  ?

Managed to keep covid-clear until now.  I knew I'd catch up once it was no longer fashionable!  ?

You do know you don't have to stay home these days? And you're well over five days since first symptoms so you'll not be contagious?

I'd still go if I were you.

47 minutes ago, angieram said:

You do know you don't have to stay home these days? And you're well over five days since first symptoms so you'll not be contagious?

I'd still go if I were you.

Thanks @angieram ?

"They" do still prefer it if you stay away from the public for 5 days (10days for the more vulnerable), but you're right, it's no longer compulsory.  We've got out for a few laps around The Racecourse this week, when we've felt up to it.  Ended up WFH all week, when the initial plan last weekend was to hopefully be back by Weds/Thurs.

Symptoms ("Flu-like") have been up and down.  Groggy, snotty and achy one day, "Almost fine" the next.  Then a step back again!

This morning (touch wood) is probably the first time I've felt physically up for going, in all honesty.  Wouldn't have even been tempted up to yesterday, as I've just not felt well enough.

Yes, technicality I am free to go today, but one coughing bout, and that NE corner will empty faster than being 4 down on 70mins in a play-off first leg!  ?

It may not be contagious, but it sure as hell sounds it!  ?

Not helpedby being surrounded by a good number of kiddies and pensioners!  (AKA, "The more vulnerable"!)

Sometimes it's just nice to do "The right thing", even if the opposite doesn't mean you'd be doing "The wrong thing".  (I know what I mean!)

Back to work Monday, and hopefully back to normal thereafter.

Enjoy the game.  Give 'em a cheer for me!   ?

I'm pleased for Curtis Davies in that I feel he might now get a run of games (which is what he'll need) to play himself into fitness and form. And I'm pleased for Louie Sibley that he might finally get to play in his preferrred position, meaning we'll be a much more dangerous side. Interesting from a fitness perspective too, with Jason Knight and David McGoldrick apparently available alongside Max Bird. Only James Chester misses out from injury as he builds fitness in the U21s, so it's pretty much a full squad to choose from and Paul Warne has to earn his corn. Fleetwood are no mugs in a healthy mid-table position.

Wildsmith

Knight     Davies     Cashin     Forsyth

Smith

Sibley     Hourihane

Mendez-Laing     McGoldrick     Dobbin

Subs: McGee  Rooney  Roberts  Bird  White  Barkhuizen  Collins

That would mean Springett and Thompson miss out. Unless there is new injury news, there will be two players very disappointed not to even make the bench, whether or not it's them.

Think Curtis may keep his place alongside Cash with Smith moving back to right back, Fozzy left back. 

Barring injuries think White will be a bit part player til the end of the season and Springett just used to bring on a bit of energy as a sub.  Don't think either have done enough to put them ahead of those we've had from the start of the season.