Fleetwood Home Sat 18th March 3.00pm

hintonsboots

16 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Think Curtis may keep his place alongside Cash with Smith moving back to right back, Fozzy left back. 

Barring injuries think White will be a bit part player til the end of the season and Springett just used to bring on a bit of energy as a sub.  Don't think either have done enough to put them ahead of those we've had from the start of the season.

Agree about White, but I thought Springett did enough last Saturday to get another run. 

I like Barkhuizen and Mendez-Laing (especially) but both looking a bit jaded and I'd keep one of them fresh for Peterborough. Opens the door for Dobbsy or Springett. 

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

Agree about White, but I thought Springett did enough last Saturday to get another run. 

I like Barkhuizen and Mendez-Laing (especially) but both looking a bit jaded and I'd keep one of them fresh for Peterborough. Opens the door for Dobbsy or Springett. 

The good thing now is we have got 4 wingers we can rotate. I agree that Barkhuizen and NML have dipped a little recently, having genuine competition for their places will hopefully inspire them back to their best which only benefits the team as a whole. 

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

I would always have Mendiz- Lang starting against the so called weaker teams as he generally destroys them creating at least 2-3 very decent chances whilst after 60 minutes he is usually completely done and needs replacing.

11 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Fleetwood don’t score many and don’t concede many so it might be a tight game unless or until we score. On that basis the front 6 are key and we will need our likeliest goal scorers on from the start. I would play a midfield 3 of Bird, Hourihane and Sibley and a front 3 of Dobbin, Mendez-Laing and McGoldrick.

Yes, their goal difference stands out from the crowd in their league position.  I wish I had looked at the table more closely before I made my 3-1 prediction.

I think that on last weeks evidence he has to play Sibley forward…

I think that the crowd isn’t going to be much more than 25k.  If the weather was a bit more pleasant a few more irregulars might have turned up, but it’s blinkin’ miserable!  All three of us will be there though…

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Totally f***** it. Went out last night thinking I’d be fine to get back for the game later on this morning. Only just seen there’s strikes….

Sounds like you could do with a driver. If Jack Marriott is in their squad, he may be able to help. No need to thank me. ?

49 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Fleetwood don’t score many and don’t concede many so it might be a tight game unless or until we score. On that basis the front 6 are key and we will need our likeliest goal scorers on from the start. I would play a midfield 3 of Bird, Hourihane and Sibley and a front 3 of Dobbin, Mendez-Laing and McGoldrick.

Agreed.

Their results away from home since the turn of the year make interesting reading.

In those six games they have scored only five goals and failed to find the net in four of the six. On the other hand, they have only conceded five goals and have kept a clean sheet on three occasions. They picked up a 0:0 draw at Plymouth.

It could be a tricky game, especially given the weather conditions, if we fail to score fairly early.

34 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Yes, their goal difference stands out from the crowd in their league position.  I wish I had looked at the table more closely before I made my 3-1 prediction.

I think that the crowd isn’t going to be much more than 25k.  If the weather was a bit more pleasant a few more irregulars might have turned up, but it’s blinkin’ miserable!  All three of us will be there though…

The website is only showing just over 2,300 home tickets available. However, I doubt Fleetwood will bring many so you're probably not far off. I reckon we'll just break the 26,000.

36 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Yes. If Sibley doesn’t start and then we don’t score, Warne has egg on his face.

Will be interesting to see whether he thinks Bird is ready to start. In the past he’s been conservative when bringing players back from injury.

I’d think both Knight and McGoldrick will start, their niggles having obediently dissolved in line with PW’s predictions. I hope Curtis might as well. The most running he’d have to do would be to and from their box for set pieces. If he and Fozzie play it might be a nervy 1-0 

30 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes. If Sibley doesn’t start and then we don’t score, Warne has egg on his face.

Will be interesting to see whether he thinks Bird is ready to start. In the past he’s been conservative when bringing players back from injury.

I’d think both Knight and McGoldrick will start, their niggles having obediently dissolved in line with PW’s predictions. I hope Curtis might as well. The most running he’d have to do would be to and from their box for set pieces. If he and Fozzie play it might be a nervy 1-0 

What does he have on his face if we score but Sibley doesn't start? Or if there's an 'r' in the month and NML does a somersault?

Good to hear that Knighty and Didzy have been rehabilitated! ?

On 17/03/2023 at 12:51, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Wildsmith 

Rooney      Forsyth           Cashin      Roberts

Bird              Hourihane 

Knight            Sibley              Springett    
                         Mcgoldrick 

- Good opportunity to rest NML who clearly needs it.

- Roberts and Rooney gives us more energy with the fullbacks.

Where is Smith ?

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Andrew1, Andrew2 and Andrew3?

That did make me laugh.  I used to sit with two other Andrews when I did A level maths.  The teacher thought us was hilarious to call us “Andrew Cubed”  But not three Andrews in this case., but there is a link of sons though. This is the three of usIn age order… with me in the middle.  John Victor, Andrew John and James Andrew.  No prizes for guessing what my Grandad was known by…. ?

I think we will have a strong side out there today, looking forward to it.

4 hours ago, angieram said:

You do know you don't have to stay home these days? And you're well over five days since first symptoms so you'll not be contagious?

I'd still go if I were you.

I am at home missing it today , got a bugger of a sore throat, ear ache and cough plus feeling dog tired ( apologies to anyone who identifies as a dog ), cold be covid could be an infection,just figured stay home till feeling better 

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

I am at home missing it today , got a bugger of a sore throat, ear ache and cough plus feeling dog tired ( apologies to anyone who identifies as a dog ), cold be covid could be an infection,just figured stay home till feeling better 

Sorry to hear you’re ruff!

Gotta go, high-pitched alarm going off somewhere ?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

U really got the impression from PW’s pre-match interview on RamsTV that he was likely not going to start…