vs Oxford (a) 11th March 3pm KO

Derbados

4 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

“And is not fit enough to last 90 mins”. Warne is a fitness expert and would expect a professional footballer on thousands a week and free from injury at this time of the season- To be fit. ( Cramped up after 70 mins)

I agree. If the statement had simply said “isn’t able to last the full 90 minutes” then I wouldn’t have a problem. A player of his age should be able to cope. But, IMO the giving away of that penalty shouldn’t be in any of PW’s thoughts when considering team selection which is what I meant to say but phrased it rather clumsily.

Wildsmith

Rooney      Davies      Cashin     Roberts

Smith

Knight              Hourihane

NML                                                     Springett

McGoldrick

Smith is wasted at RB because he offers nothing there. No physical strength, poor crossing, limited passing, just moans a lot. Put him where he is strongest. 

Springett - If the lad isn't going to get a chance, no point in being here.

Davies - We're shipping goals too frequently now, time for an old head to go in at the back for me now.

29 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Wildsmith

Rooney      Davies      Cashin     Roberts

Smith

Knight              Hourihane

NML                                                     Springett

McGoldrick

Smith is wasted at RB because he offers nothing there. No physical strength, poor crossing, limited passing, just moans a lot. Put him where he is strongest. 

Springett - If the lad isn't going to get a chance, no point in being here.

Davies - We're shipping goals too frequently now, time for an old head to go in at the back for me now.

Doesn't Forsyth count as an old head? ?

Seriously though, I do worry about speed, mobility and ability to play the ball out of Davies. Maybe not perfect but I reckon Fozzy is a little stronger at all of these elements now. I guess a lot will depend on what sort of team Oxford are and the style they like to play. 

I agree about Smith at right back. Can't really blame him as it's not his natural position but I really don't like to see him playing there.

Wildsmith

Chester               Forsyth                Cashin              Roberts

Smith

Knight                                      Houihane

Nat                                   McGoldrick                          Dobbin     

Haven't a clue how this might go. 

Given recent performances and results, it could well be a rout. 

1 point from 27, 3 goals in that time, with just 1 being from open play. 

Though there were signs of green shoots at Lincoln under Craig Short as caretaker. 

Rumoured to be close to a managerial appointment in time for Saturday, whether they'll be in charge is an unknown so could be potential for a new manager bounce though if it saves itself for Morecambe and Cheltenham in the weeks following that isn't the worst thing. 

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Doesn't Forsyth count as an old head? ?

Seriously though, I do worry about speed, mobility and ability to play the ball out of Davies. Maybe not perfect but I reckon Fozzy is a little stronger at all of these elements now. I guess a lot will depend on what sort of team Oxford are and the style they like to play. 

I agree about Smith at right back. Can't really blame him as it's not his natural position but I really don't like to see him playing there.

Reckon Warne will stick with Smith at right back.  I don't think he offers much going forward but can't really think of any goals we've conceded where Smith has obviously been at fault.

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Wildsmith

Chester               Forsyth                Cashin              Roberts

Smith

Knight                                      Houihane

Nat                                   McGoldrick                          Dobbin     

Is Chester fit enough yet?

8 hours ago, CaptainOx said:

Haven't a clue how this might go. 

Given recent performances and results, it could well be a rout. 

1 point from 27, 3 goals in that time, with just 1 being from open play. 

Though there were signs of green shoots at Lincoln under Craig Short as caretaker. 

Rumoured to be close to a managerial appointment in time for Saturday, whether they'll be in charge is an unknown so could be potential for a new manager bounce though if it saves itself for Morecambe and Cheltenham in the weeks following that isn't the worst thing. 

You’ll win. We’re about as much use as a chocolate teapot away from home.

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

How many times have the ? ended a teams long losing run ?

We're also good at that. 
Cambridge hadn't won in 8 before playing us. Beat us 1-0 and have then taken 1point from 4games since.

?

We do have to win (and score) again at some point though - surely?!

27 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are you really Millennium ? You seem to have turned from a really good poster in to a miserable old gi* so what’s occurring ?

This s*** League is pissing me off. The worst officials I’ve ever seen, and terrible anti football teams. We should be doing a lot better than we are. Warne needs to sort his s*** out and quick, I can’t stand another season of this w***

16 minutes ago, CaptainOx said:

We're also good at that. 
Cambridge hadn't won in 8 before playing us. Beat us 1-0 and have then taken 1point from 4games since.

?

We do have to win (and score) again at some point though - surely?!

What's the snowfall and forecast in Oxford - you don't have undersoil heating and were called off against Barnsley in December. Do you think there's a risk of a postponement?

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This s*** League is pissing me off. The worst officials I’ve ever seen, and terrible anti football teams. We should be doing a lot better than we are. Warne needs to sort his s*** out and quick, I can’t stand another season of this w***

Just read this from a Vale fan that seems to back up what you (and others) are saying ..

" ...worst performance I've seen from an official for over 20 odd years.

... it has been agreed subsequently by the FA that he got the basics wrong decision wise and allowed the opposing team to run the game from the touch line and on the pitch"