vs Oxford (a) 11th March 3pm KO

Derbados

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t agree. If you can protect your box against aerial attack in this league - he does - you cut your goals-against in half, esp if you have a keeper like W’smith. Curtis doesn’t have to be so mobile if we use him right. Curtis, Fozzy and Cash at FB (Cash with licence to roam) gives us the solidity we need at the back

Just looking back at some of the game … upon reflection I probably agree with what u say…. So long as the players around him play their part…. He did win a lot more headers from balls coming into or near the box than I first thought….

Just need to keep him away from those one-on-ones…

41 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The footballing gods smiled on us today. Overall a stuttering performance. But plenty for Warne to look at and learn from not least Sibleys instincts in front of goal (2 very different perfectly executed finishes).  The strength the Curtis/Fozzie combo gives could be useful against teams posing aerial threat especially combined with Bird sitting deep. Despite Curtis’ lack of condition  

Another 2 (or 3) points  Wildsmith has earned for us but if we concede many more goals he might get long term concussion

NML needs a rest. Instead he played too long today. Barks starts for me. 

The conspiracy theorists might have a point when it comes to Knight and McGoldrick. I think Warne may have some personnel issues to address - if so I hope he manages them well. He seems to have a habit of stirring the pot a bit then restoring calm. He needs to remember he’s got some bigger egos around than he had at Rovrum, also that Knight is very marketable  

Barnsley’s challenge for the autos is on. Bolton on the slide tho, and Wycombe thank goodness lost some ground. It might all have been very different today ? 

Has anyone other than @AndyB even mentioned it? I don't frequent the Twitterverse very often so I don't know if it's been suggested anywhere else.

Thought it was a really good away performance, they aren’t ideal for all fans because in a way it’s a much poorer game. But we kept our shape well for the most part and we had more players in their natural positions. Also Davies’ character has been needed these last few games.

I like the look of Rooney, getting Springett vital minutes is a huge positive because he’s not been blooded in enough up to now. Also we’ve given time to different ways of playing and a bit of 3-5-2. 

All in all a positive afternoon

21 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I thought Cashin was playing him onside at the time, and when I briefly saw the replay, not seen it back since 

Just seen reply only 1 angle but looks like Cashin has played him on side 

I thought offside. Close though.

Played less football than the last two games, never hit the heights of the first half of either...but we took our chances and they didn't. 

Barkhuizens header goes in on Tuesday like Collo's today and we're 5 points off second tonight.

Don't get too high when we win or too low when we lose. We stay in the mix for the play-offs, so I'm happy. Nice to get some fresh faces into the side today too.

Just now, Needlesh said:

I thought offside. Close though.

Played less football than the last two games, never hit the heights of the first half of either...but we took our chances and they didn't. 

Barkhuizens header goes in on Tuesday like Collo's today and we're 5 points off second tonight.

Don't get too high when we win or too low when we lose. We stay in the mix for the play-offs, so I'm happy. Nice to get some fresh faces into the side today too.

2nd is still catchable 

Just had a great evening reading this thread. Meet with  triumph and disaster and treat those imposters just the same. Oh and keep your head while all around you are losing theirs. The my sone you will be a Ram

Ironically I was in Oxford seeing an old friend who is Ill. Excellent lunch and real chat with someone I’ve know half my life facing a huge battle. jeeps guys, your health is 1000 fold more important than 3 points. 

We left on the return journey as the second half started and had radio Oxford for commentary.. it’s hillarious .. same stuff as RD “squad too small” “no cutting edge” .. “the ref is clearly a Derby man”, and “our final touch is missing” blah blah. Just got to hear No3 go in so I could relax a bit before I went out of range north of Banbury. I couldn’t believe how little I heard our players names mentioned and indeed the possession stats bear that out. .. Then, interrupted partial signal from RD around Lichfield bringing the good news. phew .. it’s grubby games like that in tricky circumstances that are the difference between mid table and in with a shout. Well done all concerned, top job Sibbo and … Warne IN. COYR

3 points is everything at this stage.

The purists won’t like it and to be fair it was a relatively poor performance, but we came from behind and got the job done without two of our most influential players.

Rooney and Springett came in a did well. Rooney’s interception and cross for the third was crucial, Springett’s spot to set Hourihane away for the first was another big moment. 

We then turn to Sibley, delivered a MoM performance, was a regular threat and bagged a very tidy brace.

Great to see him score as we need more goal scoring options. McG has been doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Warne has a bit of a selection headache for the next game. He will need Sibley in there, McG and Bird is also back.

Things look a bit more positive!

10 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

So they had a grade 2 bust up with Warne and have been ostracised from the squad?????????????????

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

image.thumb.png.900616c36f12fd37767f27de6a2d3ad9.png

image.thumb.png.b832fadca339c12ccd6c725e2f39a67a.png

I thought Knighty was being snitty with Warne? ?

Warne might have said that McGoldrick and Knight are injured along with providing genuine sounding details around the type and length of injury, AND Knight might be liking posts on social media on the back of a welcome victory, BUT that doesn’t mean they’re not sulking with Warne for outrageously calling out a below par performance on Tuesday night….