There keep should been sent off

B4ev6is

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

It was a fabulous goal from Dobbin. Cashin raced to get to the ball to grab it and rush it back to the penalty spot, but the Wycombe keeper beat him to it and grabbed the ball. At this point the only thing to do is go back to the halfway line and hope the game restarts quickly. It's not our ball. It's theirs. They have the kickoff. 

Cashin was riled, and got into a stupid altercation, enabling the keeper to waste time going to ground holding the ball. Cash's fault, but in the end he was sensible and withdrew. Then Collins was an idiot and ran into the fray and started a fight with their keeper to try and grab the ball (which is a Wycombe ball) out of the goalie"s hands. The ref was looking for an excuse to send a Derby player off all game. I would not have been surprised had Collins seen red. He shouldn't have been there. He should have been back on the halfway line. 

I’ve never understood all this wrestling to get the ball back quickly to the centre spot. It’s the opposition who kick off if they want to spend 10 minutes walking to the halfway line to do so they can, it’s up to the referee to add the time on which they invariably don’t Yesterday the ball would’ve got back to the centre spot quicker without the melee

We've been brilliant this season at getting the ball back after scoring so that the opposition has no excuse to delay the restart. We're absolutely right to do it, but there is a point where we have to walk away and hope that the referee takes control. I think the frustration yesterday must have come from the knowledge that the referee was pissweak and wasn't going to take charge of the situation. At least the ref didn't overreact to the apparent scuffling. 

I think the keeper was rightly booked for the melee. As Ellafella says, it was more than just holding onto the ball. 

He then continued to waste time at every goalkick, enough for a second booking, imo. (Wildsmith has been booked for less.) 

Might not have affected the result for us, but it would be one less thug on the pitch for Wycombe's next game.

In the end, B4 their “gamesmanship” didn’t cost us the game, we list it all by ourselves. Paul got his team selection snd tactics wrong by trying to out-Wycombe them. Even if we had enough players to rough-house and cheat like them we would still suffer because unlike all the rough-house teams we would get a monster amount if yellow cards for it. And then he didn’t change it up anywhere near soon enough.

We should have used Brian Clough’s approach - play our game and let them worry about us.

In the end the ref was awful, but Wycombe didn’t win the match - we lost it.

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

In the end, B4 their “gamesmanship” didn’t cost us the game, we list it all by ourselves. Paul got his team selection snd tactics wrong by trying to out-Wycombe them. Even if we had enough players to rough-house and cheat like them we would still suffer because unlike all the rough-house teams we would get a monster amount if yellow cards for it. And then he didn’t change it up anywhere near soon enough.

We should have used Brian Clough’s approach - play our game and let them worry about us.

I would disagree about a side picked to out Wycombe them. The initial side was too attacking. We needed 3 in midfield and Barkhuizen out wide for the first 60.

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

@B4ev6isis right - their keeper wrestled Collins to the ground and as Collins was going down there was a subtle knee in the back. All over Collins trying to recover the ball after scoring. I saw it clearly. Not worth making anything of. Hopefully we won’t have to play WWFC again after this season. 

Why should there keeper be allowed to get away with it. There keep could causef permeant injury.

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

It did cost us

Even besides that wycombe fouling our players and kicking lumps out of them.

Just watched the highlights. A marginal loss on that edit looks about right. The keeper bit at the end was handbags. I accept he was being a Bamford, but nothing more than handbags in my view. The two ‘chances’ Collins ‘missed’ in the first half were hardly the sitters made out on here at the time. NML’s cross looked as if it was behind him, and there was no way he was going to power a header in from that floaty Smith cross. He headed it back where it needed to go but we had no runners.

Roll on Tuesday.

I thought the keeper should have got a second yellow for the gesticulating to the away fans on the final whistle, but of course the ref would not have seen it.  I noticed that a steward dragged him away as it was getting pretty heated and could have resulted in an idiot or two running on to the pitch to confront him.  He did not seem to be the brightest and more concerned at winding us up rather than celebrating the win.

Edited by Wistaston Ram

27 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I thought the keeper should have got a second yellow for the gesticulating to the away fans on the final whistle, but of course the ref would not have seen it.

I bet he received a load more over the 45 minutes he stood in front of the away end.

Would hate to see players booked for stuff like that, if it's given, got to be taken.

I'm sure it would have been aimed in the general direction of said stick came from.

Fair game for me.

5 minutes ago, David said:

I bet he received a load more over the 45 minutes he stood in front of the away end.

Would hate to see players booked for stuff like that, if it's given, got to be taken.

I'm sure it would have been aimed in the general direction of said stick came from.

Fair game for me.

He was giving it large from behind a line of stewards, he was invited to join us but declined the offer.?

41 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

He was giving it large from behind a line of stewards, he was invited to join us but declined the offer.?

Of course he did, he would be fined and probably banned, whilst you lot could shout owt you like

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Just watched the highlights. A marginal loss on that edit looks about right. The keeper bit at the end was handbags. I accept he was being a Bamford, but nothing more than handbags in my view. The two ‘chances’ Collins ‘missed’ in the first half were hardly the sitters made out on here at the time. NML’s cross looked as if it was behind him, and there was no way he was going to power a header in from that floaty Smith cross. He headed it back where it needed to go but we had no runners.

Roll on Tuesday.

Was not handbags it should be at least 4 to 5 game ban on him.

If wildsmith did that he would been sent tell me what the difference is them because it has none.

23 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am fuming we were cheated out of the game and there keeper should have been sent off. Grabbing James Collins and chucking him to the ground and then sticking two fingers at derby fans and I swear that there keeper kicked Collins when chucked him to the ground.????????????????????????????????????

it was a yellow, but could have been a second re the two fingers.....but the ref would never do that