There keep should been sent off

B4ev6is

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Was not handbags it should be at least 4 to 5 game ban on him.

If wildsmith did that he would been sent tell me what the difference is them because it has none.

4 or 5 game ban ??. Let’s not stop there shall we. Cut off his arms. That’ll teach him. Oh and post them to his mother. 

Having seen the highlights for the first time, I don't think Cashin was entitled to rip the ball out of Stryjek's arms - according to the laws of the game (as mentioned by others) it's the rightful possession of the team who has conceded. If the scoring team manages to take possession of the ball fairly and get it back to the centre circle unhindered, no action is required AFAICS, but if the opposition delays the return of the ball to the centre spot the ref can issue yellow cards and add time to the end of the game. If either side starts throwing punches, it's a different issue.

13 hours ago, Crewton said:

Having seen the highlights for the first time, I don't think Cashin was entitled to rip the ball out of Stryjek's arms - according to the laws of the game (as mentioned by others) it's the rightful possession of the team who has conceded. If the scoring team manages to take possession of the ball fairly and get it back to the centre circle unhindered, no action is required AFAICS, but if the opposition delays the return of the ball to the centre spot the ref can issue yellow cards and add time to the end of the game. If either side starts throwing punches, it's a different issue.

This law needs to be reinforced and reiterated at the start of a season. 

Stops all the silliness. Keeper is the only person allowed to get it, ref manages that through extra time and yellow cards.

Keeper was a c**k though. He dropped the ball then dived on it again.

Collins tries to ingratiate himself with the fans by showing his passion. I'd rather he showed his instep and controlled the ball.

Edited by sage

13 hours ago, Crewton said:

Keeper threw himself to the ground looked like simulation to me. I didn’t see any punches thrown by anyone but keeper seemed the more aggressive and had a go at the Rams fans too. 

46 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Keeper threw himself to the ground looked like simulation to me. I didn’t see any punches thrown by anyone but keeper seemed the more aggressive and had a go at the Rams fans too. 

Sure, the keeper's actions after Cashin tried to wrench the ball off him were questionable, but it was definitely in the keeper's hands and it's hard to argue that Cash didn't provoke the whole incident - Stryjek wasn't obliged to give him the ball on demand. Stryjek was booked for his actions afterwards and, whilst he was clearly riled up and looking to provoke reactions from both our players and fans, I don't think he quite breached the 2nd yellow/red card threshold in that incident. particularly when compared to Brice Samba's antics at the STOTT last season. Goalkeepers seem to get a bit more leeway than outfield players.

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Sure, the keeper's actions after Cashin tried to wrench the ball off him were questionable, but it was definitely in the keeper's hands and it's hard to argue that Cash didn't provoke the whole incident - Stryjek wasn't obliged to give him the ball on demand. Stryjek was booked for his actions afterwards and, whilst he was clearly riled up and looking to provoke reactions from both our players and fans, I don't think he quite breached the 2nd yellow/red card threshold in that incident. particularly when compared to Brice Samba's antics at the STOTT last season. Goalkeepers seem to get a bit more leeway than outfield players.

Well yes but you could say the same about any retaliation. Two Derby players have been sent off for retaliating this season . 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Well yes but you could say the same about any retaliation. Two Derby players have been sent off for retaliating this season . 

Yes, both Collins' and Osula's sending offs were on the soft side, but they both fell into the "violent conduct" category rather than "general pushing, shoving and diving" category, which instantly increases the chances of the ref pulling out red rather than yellow. Unless there's some footage of Stryjek striking one of our players above the shoulder-line, or kicking one, it's hard to argue that a yellow card was lenient.

5 hours ago, sage said:

This law needs to be reinforced and reiterated at the start of a season. 

Stops all the silliness. Keeper is the only person allowed to get it, ref manages that through extra time and yellow cards.

Keeper was a c**k though. He dropped the ball then dived on it again.

Collins tries to ingratiate himself with the fans by showing his passion. I'd rather he showed his instep and controlled the ball.

1lGIph.gif

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Take the time keeping away from the referee as in ice hockey.

Never watched ice hockey tbh........but could not agree more with suggestion of a time keeper.

The world cup was sort of brilliant because the refs (aided by an 'invisible' time keeper perhaps?) were adding on 12 or 14 minutes at the end of the first half.............and it sort of stopped time wasting because the players realised it was pointless.

The problem with that approach was highlighted at Port Vale where we had to hang on during a load of added on time in the second half that they had wasted when they were winning 1-0.

I'd love to see how it went with say 60 or 70 mins playing time, with the clock stopped every time the ball goes out or the ref blows his whistle. Yes, teams can break up play and stop the flow but it would end the blatant time wasting and niggles.

1 hour ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I'd love to see how it went with say 60 or 70 mins playing time, with the clock stopped every time the ball goes out or the ref blows his whistle. Yes, teams can break up play and stop the flow but it would end the blatant time wasting and niggles.

The Wycombe game would probably be ending about now.

On 12/02/2023 at 21:13, Crewton said:

Yeh a goalkeeper who's had his arms cut off would be a giggle

giphy-2.gif