Tractors v Wendies

Eatonram

Don't like the Tractor tag they gave us.    Media some years back (Birmingham game if correct, early 2000's) labeled us with some slogan that depicts the team and fans as something of uneducated yokels and bumpkin farmhands.    It's a stupid stereotype that just kind of stuck over time.   Nobody goes around Ipswich in Tractors unless of course field work farm machinery, rightful rural communities etc.

That aside, I got no idea what will occur with this event.    Home advantage should favor the team but with us, nothing is as it seems.   We concede late goals often, if games ended at 80 minutes we'd most likely be already promoted now but got a clear propensity to allow opposition sides a goal in the closing minutes.    It's cost us league points, Cup progress and until it's properly addressed and eradicated I feel it's going to cost the team the ultimate prize by end of season.

Both us and Sheffield saw disappointing Cup exits just recent, if we can pay like we did against the best team in the Championship league above over two games then we'd have a great chance of promotion but it takes a whole lot more than that.    I don't know who Derby play this weekend.   All right it's crucial and relevant to ourselves and say Bolton and Plymouth also but concentrating right now on ourselves.  We have a job to do this weekend, it's a very important one, so nearest challengers can sit it out maybe until event is over.    We have to focus on Sheffield and little else , it's the primary issue right now you understand.   

I'd rather Wednesday win, keep Ipswich supports disgruntled with the way things are going. Not saying it can't all go wrong for Wednesday either, but in their position I'd feel pretty comfortable in getting the job done. Ipswich were the team who were ahead on most of the statistical points in the league - extremely heavy possession based, good at creating chances and hard to breakdown. The cracks have very recently start to show. 

I feel another loss in a big game, especially after a number of frustrating results, would have a further impact. Bristol away after for them is no walk in the park either. A win on the other hand could be a big reset button and put them on a run. Wednesday have Morecambe and then MK at home too. 

Pile on Ipswich is the best option from the game. 

3 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Don't like the Tractor tag they gave us.    Media some years back (Birmingham game if correct, early 2000's) labeled us with some slogan that depicts the team and fans as something of uneducated yokels and bumpkin farmhands.    It's a stupid stereotype that just kind of stuck over time.   Nobody goes around Ipswich in Tractors unless of course field work farm machinery, rightful rural communities etc.

That aside, I got no idea what will occur with this event.    Home advantage should favor the team but with us, nothing is as it seems.   We concede late goals often, if games ended at 80 minutes we'd most likely be already promoted now but got a clear propensity to allow opposition sides a goal in the closing minutes.    It's cost us league points, Cup progress and until it's properly addressed and eradicated I feel it's going to cost the team the ultimate prize by end of season.

Both us and Sheffield saw disappointing Cup exits just recent, if we can pay like we did against the best team in the Championship league above over two games then we'd have a great chance of promotion but it takes a whole lot more than that.    I don't know who Derby play this weekend.   All right it's crucial and relevant to ourselves and say Bolton and Plymouth also but concentrating right now on ourselves.  We have a job to do this weekend, it's a very important one, so nearest challengers can sit it out maybe until event is over.    We have to focus on Sheffield and little else , it's the primary issue right now you understand.   

Ffs 'Sheffield'

10 hours ago, AndyB said:

Any of the 3 results in that game will look good if we win our game.

Agreed. 

A draw for me is the ideal as we close 2 points on both, followed by a Wednesday win so we overtake Ipswich, then an Ipswich win which would see the gap close for all 4 teams. 

But all meaningless if we don’t do our job. 

A long way to go, lots of twists and turns, so I'd prefer the draw here as it means the teams challenging us have fewer total points. Wednesday may yet buckle. Ipswich could rediscover their form. But this far out, the most important thing is to concentrate on ourselves and try to keep winning. If we do that on Saturday, whatever has happened in the other games the table will suddenly look an awful lot better.

11 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

<pedantry>

Sheffield are at home to Dunston tomorrow, not Ipswich.

</pedantry>

11 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

It’s Favour with a “U” in the homeland thank you. 

21 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

We don't care if you have to focus on Sheffield or not. We're about to overtake you and we're focusing on Sheffield and Plymouth. Ipswich are't even in our thinking anymore if we are to make it to the top two by the end of the season. If you are looking for a sympathetic ear go back on the Tractor Boys forum because you won't find one on here. We don't care about Ipswich's problems.

22 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

It's good that you are concentrating on yourself whilst posting on a Rams forum. 

23 hours ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

This'll be the lads that sing 'I can't read and I can't write, but I can drive a tractor'?

It's banter mate. Don't let it bother you. We don't actually shag sheep either. Mostly.

I agree that actually any result from Sheff W v Tractors is good for us simply because of the look of the table right now.

If we win today and Plymouth also win, then the points from the top will be as follows:

If Sheff W win - SW 64, Plym 64, Rams 56, Tractors 53 - still an 8 point gap to 2nd but we have a game in hand over Plym and Tractors and better form than both and will have overtaken the Tractors, important psychologically at this stage as it'd now be them doing the chasing rather than us

If Tractors win - Plym 64, SW 61, Tractors 57, Rams 56 - only a 5 point gap to 2nd and only 1 point behind the Tractors with a game in hand

If a draw - Plym 64, SW 62, Rams 56, Tractors 56 - we would go ahead on GD, a 6 point gap to 2nd

If Plymouth draw or lose it will look even better for us.  As long as we win today, which (sticks neck out) I think we will.