Tractors v Wendies

Eatonram

6 hours ago, LondonRam2 said:

I agree that actually any result from Sheff W v Tractors is good for us simply because of the look of the table right now.

If we win today and Plymouth also win, then the points from the top will be as follows:

If Sheff W win - SW 64, Plym 64, Rams 56, Tractors 53 - still an 8 point gap to 2nd but we have a game in hand over Plym and Tractors and better form than both and will have overtaken the Tractors, important psychologically at this stage as it'd now be them doing the chasing rather than us

If Tractors win - Plym 64, SW 61, Tractors 57, Rams 56 - only a 5 point gap to 2nd and only 1 point behind the Tractors with a game in hand

If a draw - Plym 64, SW 62, Rams 56, Tractors 56 - we would go ahead on GD, a 6 point gap to 2nd

If Plymouth draw or lose it will look even better for us.  As long as we win today, which (sticks neck out) I think we will.

Your maths doesn't stack up!

It doesn't stack up NOW because we only took 1 point from a possible 6 LOL.

Playoffs seem far more likely now TBH, and the new mission should be to avoid 6th place if possible, although obviously it's still infinitely preferable to 7th!

I still think Plymouth and Tractors will slip up, but probably not enough to change the overall picture much now.

We have games in hand over Bolton, but so do Baaaaaaaaarnsley.

3 wins will give us 66, enough for 3rd/4th/5th but not for 2nd of course.

Sheff W to win it, Bolton or Tractors 2nd after a late surge, we drop off a bit but still manage 4th, playoffs will be Plymouth/Rams/Tractors/Baaaarnsley.

We narrowly beat Tractors (0-0 and 1-0) and Baaaarnsley overcome Plymouth 1-0 in the 94th minute in the 2nd leg.

The final is a dour, dull affair in which Baaaaarnsley park the bus in a 11-0-0 formation, but one moment of McGoldrick magic, either a goal or a converted penalty, see us through.  Barnsley have a man sent off, and they time waste so much that 10 extra minutes are played at the end, but - we are up!

I used to sell crystal balls for a living, but I couldn't see any future in it.