Luke McGee - Goalkeeper on loan until end of season

Caerphilly Ram

Makes sense with Anang recalled - a new backup for Wildsmith who can sit on the bench rather than Loach, who I do fear about ever having to come on. 

Strange that it’s a loan though - he’s out of contract at the end of the season, so why won’t Forest Green give him us permanently now? We’ll get him for free in the summer either way up, just uses a loan. Presume this means we’re looking at a striker on a permanent. 

Even more bizarre…. That TFR Football account actually got something right!

11 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Unusual and wouldn’t expect a player from our level playing pretty much every game for 2 years to come to us to play backup. 

Could be useful if Wildsmith gets injured but not a chance he will dislodge him. Wildsmith is easily our Player of the Season so far.

Out of contract in summer in a team that's in all probability going down. Expect even with restrictions we could offer him better than he's on with FGR in July.

Loach has been good for the cup games, but the guy is transitioning into the next part of his career. McGee is rated by FGR fans and has been their number one until 14th January so I imagine this move was probably the reason why - I'd imagine there is an agreement for a decent contract at the end of the season and he wanted to move as quick as possible.

A good solid number 2 should we ever need it. 

21 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Unusual and wouldn’t expect a player from our level playing pretty much every game for 2 years to come to us to play backup. 

Could be useful if Wildsmith gets injured but not a chance he will dislodge him. Wildsmith is easily our Player of the Season so far.

I wouldn’t say easily, going to be the best player of the season discussion for many years ?