Barnsley (H) (FACR3) Sun 8th Jan, 12:30 KO

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Smith   Rooney   Cashin   Roberts

Mendez-Laing   Tommo   Bird   Barkhuizen

Knight

Collins

Subs: Loach, Forsyth, Davies, Stearman, Hourihane, Sibley, Aghatise, Dobbin, McGoldrick

What I like about this is changes have been made but the players that have been dropped are still on the bench. Seems an age since we were able to do that!

Wildsmith

Chester  Davies  Cashin  Roberts

Rooney   

knight       Sibley

M.L          Collins     Barkhuizen

( not quite sure if Chester is match fit but if he is give him a go I say otherwise may as well release) 

19 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

Wildsmith

Chester  Davies  Cashin  Roberts

Rooney   

knight       Sibley

M.L          Collins     Barkhuizen

( not quite sure if Chester is match fit but if he is give him a go I say otherwise may as well release) 

That's a good-looking team. My thought is there are 2 players we can't afford to lose for any length of time, and they are Wildsmith and Cashin. For that reason I wouldn't start them in the cup while there's an outside chance of challenging for autos. Chester was on the bench last match so I think he definitely should start this one. For me, if we brought Bielik back a midfield trio of him, Knight and Sibley is our best, so I don't mind seeing Knight and Sibley in their preferred positions like this. And good to give Rooney a run in what is probably his best position.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

That's a good-looking team. My thought is there are 2 players we can't afford to lose for any length of time, and they are Wildsmith and Cashin. For that reason I wouldn't start them in the cup while there's an outside chance of challenging for autos. Chester was on the bench last match so I think he definitely should start this one. For me, if we brought Bielik back a midfield trio of him, Knight and Sibley is our best, so I don't mind seeing Knight and Sibley in their preferred positions like this. And good to give Rooney a run in what is probably his best position.

Chester pulled out if the last game in the warm up felt something wrong. Warne said it did not look good so doubt we will be seeing him