Forest Green Rovers (H) Sat 17th Dec

Biggest factor is he has 6 months left on his contract so can walk away for nothing in July. Are we able to even offer him a contract within the EFL restrictions? 

If he does walk away, we get compo (provided we've offered him a contract on at least equal terms), which ought to be reasonable as he's a full international, but I imagine it would still be much less than we'd get if we sold him in January. 

Edited by Crewton

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

Biggest factor is he has 6 months left on his contract so can walk away for nothing in July. Are we able to even offer him a contract within the EFL restrictions? 

If he does walk away, we get compo (provided we've offered him a contract on at least equal terms), which ought to be reasonable as he's a full international, but I imagine it would still be much less than we'd get if we sold him in January. 

The biggest factor is we'll receive compensation if he leaves in the summer. 

Had to feel sorry for the FGR fans to travel and see that. They didn't really put up any sort of fight and we won comfortably whilst being in 3rd gear. We looked like we stepped it up once we got the third, almost as if suddenly we found some freedom and confidence that had previously been lacking. We became hungry, maintained a good tempo on the ball whilst pressing well off it. When Knight came on he immediately showed why he doesn't belong in this division with a fantastic piece of play to set up McGoldrick. McGoldrick is another one who doesn't belong in this division... not just the goals but the nonchalance and skill that defines his play is a joy to watch. 

Whilst I'm still not convinced on Warne going 12 unbeaten is an excellent bit of form. We're sitting in the playoffs which is realistically the best we can hope for this season. In the playoffs I'd fancy our chances against anyone really as no-one except Plymouth have really stood out as outclassing us this season. But that's a long way off just yet. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The biggest factor is we'll receive compensation if he leaves in the summer. 

Isn't the biggest factor whether or not we're allowed to offer him a new contract on no less favourable terms than his current contract? Unless that is possible under the terms of our EFL business plan, we wouldn't get compensation. 

I've seen allot of talk about what JK is currently being paid and what our limitations are under the BP, but nothing official. 

16 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

All three goals have been great, and we’ve created other chances too. I would like to see us control the game a little better as it’s no good for the heart/nerves when we do lose possession and they counter, a better side could and probably would punish us. 
However I’m a fan of Warne’s fairly simple philosophy which is essentially score more than the opponent, that’s how we win games (to state the obvious).

Agree.

On a serious note.

i think its hard to get that perfect balance.

the utopia is liverpool last season.

they could keep the ball but at the same time they could go from back to front in a blink of an eye and boom theyre 1-0 up.

but even they are struggling this year to re create that oh so fine balance.

id rather we had more control in games and certainly dont like some of the stupid unforced errors and turnovers in possession but what would i rather have, that with us creating chances or what we had before under LR that was pretty harmless and easy to play against football.

warnes style reminds me a little .. little bit of early arthur cos. Channel balls, in behind percentage football.

im v hopeful under this guy long may it continue

12 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Whenever some are feeling good about the team, there's always a few determined to temper any feelgood factor. I kind of imagine them intoning their pearls of wisdom in that sort of adenoidal tone train announcers use. Well sod yous, I'm off to the pub, then a house party. I'm going to drink a lot, possibly wake up with an angry GF and feel like chucking whilst trying to finish a report that's already overdue because I couldn't be arsed to do it after the footy and you know what? I'll still be smiling through it all.

Stick that in your pipe mardy naysayers ??

Quick update...

Tequila does indeed make you happy. Sadly, it also makes you projectile vomit at 4.00 in the morning.

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

Can sign a pre contract out of England in January. I’d be worried about Celtic. 

27 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Isn't the biggest factor whether or not we're allowed to offer him a new contract on no less favourable terms than his current contract? Unless that is possible under the terms of our EFL business plan, we wouldn't get compensation. 

I've seen allot of talk about what JK is currently being paid and what our limitations are under the BP, but nothing official. 

We’ll get some form of compensation regardless due to training and developing him since a young age. It’s written into EFL, Premier League and even Fifa rules (hence why we had some for Buchanan when he moved to Germany) I did look it all up in the summer but can’t remember the fine details now. FIFA’s rules had a set level of what is payable should the player move internationally, I think it’s less defined within England.

This article touches upon some of it for a better explanation than I can offer;

https://level.law/news/determining-the-level-of-compensation-for-out-of-contract-football-players-2

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We’ll get some form of compensation regardless due to training and developing him since a young age. It’s written into EFL, Premier League and even Fifa rules (hence why we had some for Buchanan when he moved to Germany) I did look it all up in the summer but can’t remember the fine details now. FIFA’s rules had a set level of what is payable should the player move internationally, I think it’s less defined within England.

This article touches upon some of it for a better explanation than I can offer;

https://level.law/news/determining-the-level-of-compensation-for-out-of-contract-football-players-2

What did we get for Buchanan? I’ve never seen it mentioned.

35 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

What did we get for Buchanan? I’ve never seen it mentioned.

Dunno, we definitely will have had something as it’s in the FIFA regulations, probably only 3-400k in pounds or euros. DET reported on it and it’s within the FIFA regs how much is paid for the number of years a player was developed by a club

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-lee-buchanan-transfer-7398371

I walked out of Pride Park after the match with a strange feeling that it had been a nice day. I should have been  swinging from the rafters after a 4 - 0 win, but we achieved it with such nonchalance that it didn't seem that special!

When we got our second after 20 minutes I though at a rate of a goal every 10 minutes means we could win 9 - 0! What we did was ease off and just stroll through the match. We nearly paid the price as FGR put us under a sustained spell of pressure which lasted for all of one header over the bar! Oh dear!

Apart from completely missing a blatant two-handed push in the back of Collins (had he come straight from referee training in Quatar?) the ref wasn’t too bad in the first half. But he clearly got the customary EFL email at half-time, because his second half display was bizzarre. Did we get 3 or 4 yellow cards, to their none?

Sibley’s was fair enough, but Barkhuisen got a yellow card after one of their defender’s had handled the ball. It may have been for a foul earlier on in play, but if that is the case, why no card for the FGR forward whose dive in our area was worthy of an Olympic medal?

I loved the change in impetus when Jason Knight came on. I had wondered whether he was being eased back in gently after his injury, but have already commented on his body language and gestures at the end of the match which might suggest his imminent departure. A crying shame if that is the case. Shame on you, EFL.

And Dobbin: he brought a load of threat to the match and got close a couple of times. But his cross for MCGoldrick’s third was stunning! And after the final whistle he ran to recover the ball and presented it to David McGoldrick, shook his hand and bowed his head! I wonder if there is a bit of mentoring or tutelage going on there? It was lovely to see!

Right. Who’s next?

Edited by DavesaRam

Well I shouldn’t have been at the game yesterday, instead should be sunning myself on the Queensland Sunshine Coast, flight cancelled couldn’t get another one until a week later so losing a whole week of holiday - never fly Lufthansa!! f****** charlatans!!

However a bonus of not going was it meant I could freeze my arse off watching the mighty rams v Forest green.  In the last half hour the rams did their best to warm us up with relentless sustained waves of attacks and chances, how we didn’t score more I don’t know. Rest of the game was patchy but NMLs goal was good, and I agree with others who say McGoldrick’s goal is the best since Morrison last season, it was a thing of beauty and to all those that think Warne is anti-football that second goal really pleased him. In fact speaking of Warneball, hardly recall us going long all game, when we did play well it was fast paced intricate attacking play.

However for long periods we went through the motions and played slow. We got the job done but I was pleased to hear Warne say he wasn’t happy and he’s demanding more from the players.

Knight is vital but due to contract situation I’m worried he will be on his way. Bird is playing well, Sibley was excellent yesterday along with McGoldrick. If we can get a right back in, move Smith into midfield I think that will transform us, I’d have Smith sitting with Bird and Knight. Conor for me should drop out. 

At Christmas we’re in the playoffs, we’re looking harder to beat, we’re improving with the potential to improve the squad in January. Based on what I’ve seen this season, I’d be stunned if we don’t make the playoffs. I also wouldn’t rule out top 2 if we can keep some of our key players fit. 

I hope I don’t watch another Rams game live until Barnsley in the FA Cup and that I will be watching on rams tv down under ??? but looking forward to the rest of the Christmas and very optimistic about the business end of the season.

COYR!!!! ?????