2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

SOOOOOO

fed 

up

with

playing

a

five.

It doesn't work and we look lost and struggling all over the pitch.

This.

Cashin has struggled but the worst player on the pitch by miles has been Hourihane. I'd move to 4-4-2 and bring a lot more legs and positivity into midfield.

Hourihane off for Knight. Something like.

Wildsmith

Smith     Rooney     Cashin     Forsyth

Thompson

Knight     Bird    Sibley

McGoldrick    Collins

Need to control the midfield, get everyone higher up the pitch and bodies in the box. I'm always surprised when Warne picks experienced and slow Collins and McGoldrick together, with both inexperienced and speedy Osula and Dobbin on the bench. It makes attacking subs in the second half harder.

6 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

It is a back five.

then the slowest midfield and forward line in history in front. 

an awful team selection 

Edit 

Edited by Monty

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Derby really, really poor.

Injuries, players, manager, budget- dunno who to blame but there is no decent play, no pattern of play, nothing being created.

Do the players even know that we're playing in white?

Warne-ball = hoof ball 

Change to 442. Put a left back at left back (Forsyth). Get Barkhuizen and Dobbin on in the hope of creating something.

Osula to stretch their defence.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm always surprised when Warne picks experienced and slow Collins and McGoldrick together, with both inexperienced and speedy Osula and Dobbin on the bench. It makes attacking subs in the second half harder.

I am surprised Osula didn't start after success v Torquay, but McGoldrick was very good in the last away game so I suppose that's what earned him his place.

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

We look like we’ve set up to match their system and to try and stop them playing, which we’ve mostly done, bar one bit of poor defending from a set piece. 

Maybe it’s just me, but I think we should be trying to outplay a team a league below us, make the most of having better players than them ?‍♂️

Screams Nigel Clough. And nobody wants to go back there. 

Get Ousla and Dobbin on to try and win the game. Who cares if we go out? Let's at least have a go. 

Newport have given us a good game so far. We have been off it all game. Cadhin has been poor but done some good stuff too. Sibley has been poor be ause he shouldn’t be playing there. But Hourihane has been embarrassingly bad. Several times he has received the ball in space and just given it a flick or overhead lump, every time to Newport or nowhere.

The kack of pace means our midfield are lacking a Sibley type of player who can carry the ball at the opposition. If only we had a Sibley type of player in midfield.

And the goal is simply because we were ball watching.

Tommo has been pretty good so far but that’s about it. Unless Warne is banking on Newport tiring, then we bring on Dobbin, for example.

Who knows? Who cares?

Edited by DavesaRam

5 minutes ago, jameso said:

Knight for Hourihane would definitely be an improvement. Happy to forego the one decent delivery in every ten or so passes in exchange for some energy and a bit more going forward.

I wouldn't take Collins off just yet (physical games are up his street as long as he controls his elbows) but maybe Dobbin for Sibley and switch to 4 at the back, Fozzie at left back.

To be fair, it was a pretty decent header for the goal.

Why take off Sibley? Just change to a 4 at the back and pass the bloody ball to him up field! He looks so lost stood out on the wing, Hourihane never passes to him and takes any pass that might get though to him. Poor Louie. ?

Edited by RoyMac5