Newport County (A) FACR2 Sun 27th Nov

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

Screams Nigel Clough. And nobody wants to go back there. 

Get Ousla and Dobbin on to try and win the game. Who cares if we go out? Let's at least have a go. 

I think Nigel actually wanted us to play good football, he just went away from it far too quickly if results started going against us.  This seems to be what Warne wants us doing.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

I think Nigel actually wanted us to play good football, he just went away from it far too quickly if results started going against us.  This seems to be what Warne wants us doing.

No I think Warne just has an unhealthy obsession with playing square pegs in round holes. As soon as he changed to a 442 we started picking up results. Gone back to a 5 and we look awful again. Football is a simple game.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why take off Sibley? Just change to a 4 at the back and pass the bloody ball to him up field! He looks so lost stood out on the wing, Hourihane never passes to him and takes any pass that might get though to him. Poor Louie. ?

Which means Sibbers will be the first one off, and Hourihane will do a Matt Hencock and still be there when the bath wYer has gone cold.

Just now, Rammy03 said:

No I think Warne just has an unhealthy obsession with playing square pegs in round holes. As soon as he changed to a 442 we started picking up results. Gone back to a 5 and we look awful again. Football is a simple game.

I think it’s more that he doesn’t think positions matter all that much. He openly said after the game where we switched to a back 4 that he just picks 11 players he wants to play and finds a formation to force them into.

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Generally been very poor..Cashin Hourihane and Sibley the stand out poorest of a poor bunch 1st half.

Can only get better..scrap this 5 at the back nonsense please it makes no sense.

its supposed to be 3 at the back

Just now, Yani P said:

Generally been very poor..Cashin Hourihane and Sibley the stand out poorest of a poor bunch 1st half.

Can only get better..scrap this 5 at the back nonsense please it makes no sense.

I can’t believe how slow and heavy-legged Sibs looks these days… same with Cashin today…. 

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

This seems to be what Warne wants us doing.

Not sure that's true, especially after the Torquay post match interview that we heard. 

I don't think you can say any of the 11 players have executed anything expected of them so far, even the bare minimum. Tactics/selection obviously up for debate but it's up to the players to perform too and they're not today.