Milton Keynes Dons (A) (Sat 12th Nov 2022)

Injury news:

"Curtis Davies
The centre-back is currently out of action after undergoing a minor operation on his knee having picked up an injury during a tackle in the defeat to Ipswich. The surgery was successful, but the former Hull City and West Brom centre-back is now working on his rehab.

The defender will be hoping to be back in December

James Chester
The former Aston Villa centre-back picked up a calf problem in the goalless draw against Exeter at the end of October and has been ruled out for up to two months. He is not expected to be back until late December and is currently working his way back to fitness.

Conor Hourihane
Ex-Villa midfielder Hourihane was sick before the game against Liverpool but managed to see out the 90 minutes despite flagging in the last 15. However, he is considered a major doubt for the weekend's game against MK Dons.

Jason Knight
The Republic of Ireland international is also a major doubt for the MK Dons game with an ankle problem. Warne confirmed he had been due to play 30 minutes against Liverpool on Wednesday, but did not look right in the warm-up.
He did manage to get five minutes at the end of the Carabao Cup tie, but Derby are now sweating on his availability for the weekend.

Tom Barkhuizen
The good news is that the winger is back on the grass after suffering a hamstring problem that he picked up at Ipswich.
While he is making good progress, Derby do not want to rush him back before he is ready to play a full 90 minutes. However, his return should be not too far away."

2 hours ago, Gladram said:

As a local, born in Derbyshire but brought up in Bletchey, I can give a bit of guidance on pre-game drinks. I don't go near there on match days so happy to be corrected by others but might be helpful.

There are a few options but depends how you are travelling. If going by train go to Bletchley, not MK Central, as it’s closer and there are some pubs nearby or on the way to the ground. Nearby is the 8 Belles, on an indirect route is the Dolphin (my local back in the day), on the way is McCarthy’s bar. There is a Weatherspoon’s on a not very direct route in Bletchley. This also takes you towards Fenny Stratford where there is no shortage of pubs but, apart from the Red Lion, not sure if they welcome away fans

If travelling down by car people often stop in Stony Stratford which still has a good selection of pubs, if you’ve done this before and used the Plough it’s now a Gastro pub so suggest giving that particular pub a miss.

Nearer the ground there is the Beacon, not sure how welcoming they are. As mentioned there are some restaurants right next to the ground but no actual pubs.

If starting in Central MK there are some pubs near the Hub but the best selection is in the Theatre District or Xscape.

Do you know if you can in the Cinema/Shops/Asda car parks etc? Not sure how they can stop you really as people could be going to cinema and restaurants for a few hours too.

11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Do you know if you can in the Cinema/Shops/Asda car parks etc? Not sure how they can stop you really as people could be going to cinema and restaurants for a few hours too.

Car parks are separated. I know Asda is 2 hours max on match day, enforced by cameras. Parking for the shops and restaurants I think is stewarded so you may need to blag your way in.

Parking for any event (concerts, sports events, etc) at Stadium MK is crap. Football is actually slightly better due to the lower numbers ?

11 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Heart in place of Wang

I presume it is a line ending in a word that rhymes with Laing.

I don't know: 

'He went to Cardiff,

He took them to the Prem.

He came to Derby,

He'll do the same again.

He's got magic feet

And crosses with a bang.

His name's Nathaniel

Nathaniel Mendez Laing'

1 hour ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Oh great, will have to get a taxi then.  Can't walk properly atm because of a muscle injury so won't bother trying to walk that far. 

If you’re planning on a taxi there is a much better service from Milton Keynes central than Bletchley even though Mk may be very slightly further away. There’s always a queue of cabs outside mk station (unless you’re pre booking of course) 

Edited by Monty

18 minutes ago, Monty said:

If you’re planning on a taxi there is a much better service from Milton Keynes central than Bletchley even though Mk may be very slightly further away. There’s always a queue of cabs outside mk station (unless you’re pre booking of course) 

Why not tell the taxis to go to Bletchley? ?‍♂️Hey presto! 

23 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Average MK Dons home attendance is 9k. Their highest in recent times is 15.7 Vs Ipswich. With 6.5k Rams it should be close to that.

Fans will need to be as good as at Anfield to raise the Players’ energy levels. There’ll be tired legs and tired mentally so let’s go again. Have a great day and roar the Rams to victory. We’ve got the League 1 Guardiola …?

Shef Wed and Plymouth have took 6k to MK this season and made it like a home game. Both winning . Plymouth 4-1. We should have no problems brushing these aside even with players out.

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Shef Wed and Plymouth have took 6k to MK this season and made it like a home game. Both winning . Plymouth 4-1. We should have no problems brushing these aside even with players out.

In theory maybe, but you could have said the same about Fleetwood and Morecambe.

I think we take games like this for granted at our peril and need to make sure we go into the game with confidence but give them respect.