How good is NML

Loughborough Ram

He’s brilliant. Everything the pace, power, trickery, end product, fitness, he can even defend, has a good football brain. People (partly as a stick to beat Warne with) have been criticising the move to wing back, I actually think he’s played really well there still showing he’s a threat while making important defensive contributions. 

At this early stage my top 3 for POTY are Mendez-Laing, Cashin and Wildsmith in that order.

29 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He’s brilliant. Everything the pace, power, trickery, end product, fitness, he can even defend, has a good football brain. People (partly as a stick to beat Warne with) have been criticising the move to wing back, I actually think he’s played really well there still showing he’s a threat while making important defensive contributions. 

At this early stage my top 3 for POTY are Mendez-Laing, Cashin and Wildsmith in that order.

That’s how the player ratings have it in that order too! 

He's a high-level athlete playing at a level clearly below him. He looked athletic in the Premier League too, so shouldn't be too surprised. There are reasons that he's not playing at a higher level, off the pitch, but he looks focused at the moment. He's definitely in the conversation for the POTY along with Cashin. 

I'm also not against him playing in the RWB role as he isn't doing much, of any, defending. He's just picking up the ball deeper and getting us up the pitch - none are better at it in our team as he puts the defence on the back foot as soon as he gets the ball.

49 minutes ago, Underground Ram said:

Tin man probably my favourite ever rams player (been going since 83). And NML does indeed remind me of Ted. Best player this season with Wildsmith and Cashin. There’s nothing like quality wing play in a game

Funny thing is it's not really even his wing play that seems to result in an end product.

The wing play causes havoc and helps get us behind the opposition,  of course,  but it's more when he moves into the middle of the pitch and can pass it rather than cross it that he makes a direct contribution to a goal.

• 3 weeks later...