January Window

1of4

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Has to find a footballleagueworld or fl72 article to post or he won’t post at all. 

Sarg, if your not an accountant, would I trust you with advice on my firms accounts.

If your not a builder, would I trust you to build my house.

If your not a pilot, would I trust you to fly a plane.

Footballleagueworld and fl72 are written by football writers, they have more insight than i do. They are more interesting to read than someone with little knowledge of football matters is, when it comes to our club.

these football writers are paid a salary to write. However, just like the national press, its your choice whether you decide to read the articles or not.

i find their articles at least provide me with something to read about the club.

Unless you work for the club, I'm not sure why I'd bother to read your comments.

22 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Sarg, if your not an accountant, would I trust you with advice on my firms accounts.

If your not a builder, would I trust you to build my house.

If your not a pilot, would I trust you to fly a plane.

Footballleagueworld and fl72 are written by football writers, they have more insight than i do. They are more interesting to read than someone with little knowledge of football matters is, when it comes to our club.

these football writers are paid a salary to write. However, just like the national press, its your choice whether you decide to read the articles or not.

i find their articles at least provide me with something to read about the club.

Unless you work for the club, I'm not sure why I'd bother to read your comments.

Mostly written by 20 somethings who get paid in clicks. Hobby writers usually guessing or making stuff up. 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Mostly written by 20 somethings who get paid in clicks. Hobby writers usually guessing or making stuff up. 

Exactly. Seems @Oldbendoesnt actually realise who the people writing this stuff are. It’s written by kids who are focussed on SEO and clickbait as a result. None of them are actually bonafide journalists, they have no sources and no more knowledge than anyone on this forum. 

Most of those articles are researched on twitter. If I put on twitter that derby are poised to sign Benik Afobe, I've got a mate at the club who had told me, gonna be announced in 2 days, a "journalist" with an "article" to write on Derby will simply just search our # and write it as if they have a serious source.

45 minutes ago, Oldben said:

...Footballleagueworld and fl72 are written by football writers, they have more insight than i do. They are more interesting to read than someone with little knowledge of football matters is, when it comes to our club.

i find their articles at least provide me with something to read about the club...

I think we all want to read articles about the Club that increase our insight. But I think there should be an understanding of why the articles are being written.

I mostly stick to 'believing' print media journos and the local Derby Telegraph guys plus Radio Derby.

#COYR

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think we all want to read articles about the Club that increase our insight. But I think there should be an understanding of why the articles are being written.

I mostly stick to 'believing' print media journos and the local Derby Telegraph guys plus Radio Derby.

#COYR

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/about/%3famp

1 minute ago, Oldben said:

Whatever mate. Believe who you want but there's absolutely nothing here suggests it's not written by me under a pseudonym!

"The website was created by Samuel Rourke as a means of providing news to football fans who support lower league clubs who don’t necessarily get the same amount of coverage that the Premier League attains.

We have a number of close sources with EFL clubs which enable us to provide exclusive content to our readers, making us a leading source of breaking news for the Sky Bet Football Leagues.

Football League World is part of the NewsNow publisher network and receives millions of views every month. Want to get involved in Football League World? We are always on the look out for more writers."

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Exactly. Seems @Oldbendoesnt actually realise who the people writing this stuff are. It’s written by kids who are focussed on SEO and clickbait as a result. None of them are actually bonafide journalists, they have no sources and no more knowledge than anyone on this forum. 

I’m still convinced it’s a bot churning out links to its creators sites.

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I’m still convinced it’s a bot churning out links to its creators sites.

There's a lot of this happening nowadays, with much content-generation automated to drive advertising revenue. Here's a New York Times piece from three years ago saying one-third of Bloomberg articles use automated technology: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/05/business/media/artificial-intelligence-journalism-robots.html

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

There's a lot of this happening nowadays, with much content-generation automated to drive advertising revenue. Here's a New York Times piece from three years ago saying one-third of Bloomberg articles use automated technology: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/05/business/media/artificial-intelligence-journalism-robots.html

Doesn’t surprise me.