Derby County v Exeter City Tuesday 25 October

Gritstone Ram

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Might I suggest that could have been Hourihane, McGoldrick, Osula and several others. The others don't look as dangerous as Sibley further up the pitch - but that's okay because he's gonna be a LWB. ?

I shouldn't single out Sibley so much maybe it's everyone, but I cannot remember us having a shot in anger last night not in the first half anyway.

That was a rough watch, no hiding from it. 

Before the changes I thought the back 5 had no issues pointlessly playing the ball between themselves Rosenior-esque, it's just the 3 in central midfield were totally invisible (again) and therefor we as a team are unable to progress the ball up the pitch. That coupled with our attacking players who are rarely in the right position and can barely take a first touch worthy of us retaining possession, meant it was a pretty shambolic first 45. 

Bit better after the break but still too slow and no where near brave enough. Obviously we need some signings in defence as every man and his dog is having to dig in for us at the back but I don't think that is our area of issue. Midfield and attack, despite having the players and the names, are where we're tragically falling short.

Cashin should have been MOTM (again), not sure how they gave it Fozzy. If I was Warniola I'd get every single forward player to watch how Cashin plays because he sets the standard for intent, tempo and bravery. Worthy mentions for Roberts and the lively Dobbins too. 

Pride Park seems way more expectant now, not a lot of backing bar the 50 odd who don't stop in the South Stand. Good turn out though.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

If you have no bias, why are you showing a blatant double standard in your appraisals of the two managers? I just don't believe it. 

Higher xG, give over. 

I’m not. I felt it was dull under Rosenior and lacking cutting edge but I could at least see what he was trying to do. I think it’s boring under Warne and I can’t see what he’s trying to do. 

We’ve won 2 from 7 in October.

58 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sibley wasn't the only player who'd been booked. Plus he hasn't looked a red card waiting to happen this season

We're not talking about a "red-mist descends" type of red card, just that if he committed another foul in that game he was getting sent off.  As soon as he got moved to right wing-back, he got booked for hauling his winger down.  Immediately after that they ran at him again, and to be fair to Sibley he did very well to not commit a foul (even accidentally), but he was inches away from it.  If anything like that happened again, he was off. 

It's not Sibley's fault, it's Warne's for putting him in that position in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

That was a rough watch, no hiding from it. 

Before the changes I thought the back 5 had no issues pointlessly playing the ball between themselves Rosenior-esque, it's just the 3 in central midfield were totally invisible (again) and therefor we as a team are unable to progress the ball up the pitch. That coupled with our attacking players who are rarely in the right position and can barely take a first touch worthy of us retaining possession, meant it was a pretty shambolic first 45. 

Bit better after the break but still too slow and no where near brave enough. Obviously we need some signings in defence as every man and his dog is having to dig in for us at the back but I don't think that is our area of issue. Midfield and attack, despite having the players and the names, are where we're tragically falling short.

Cashin should have been MOTM (again), not sure how they gave it Fozzy. If I was Warniola I'd get every single forward player to watch how Cashin plays because he sets the standard for intent, tempo and bravery. Worthy mentions for Roberts and the lively Dobbins too. 

Pride Park seems way more expectant now, not a lot of backing bar the 50 odd who don't stop in the South Stand. Good turn out though.

The expectant comment is interesting. 

Id argue that they’re giving us nothing to sing about. When the manager is coming out swinging after the match you know that even he doesn’t think the effort was there. 

For me it’s as simple as - last season at home, with what we had available, we were doing well and causing problems. (Away was a different story but we’re talking about pride park). Compared to this season where I don’t think we can say that our side are playing anywhere near what the quality of player suggests they should be. Don’t mistake this as me saying we should be winning every game - we shouldn’t. More that this group of players are better than they’re showing. 

hard to get excited watching us pump the ball aimlessly over the heads of the strikers. At least passing it between the defenders meant we had the ball and some control ?

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

If you have no bias, why are you showing a blatant double standard in your appraisals of the two managers? I just don't believe it. 

Higher xG, give over. 

Average shots per game
Rosenior: 15.7 (lowest = 8, highest = 27)
Warne: 11.2 (lowest = 5, highest = 14)

Average xG per game
Rosenior: 1.57 (lowest = 1.0, highest = 3.2)
Warne: 1.25 (lowest = 0.4, highest = 2.2, excluding Exeter)

Rosenior's stats are boosted by the Fleetwood and Wycombe games, in which we managed a total of 53 shots on goal. For comparison, we've had a total of 56 in Warne's 5 league games. Even ignoring those two outliers Rosenior's shots and xG average are higher than Warne's so far.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Average shots per game
Rosenior: 15.7 (lowest = 8, highest = 27)
Warne: 11.2 (lowest = 5, highest = 14)

Average xG per game
Rosenior: 1.57 (lowest = 1.0, highest = 3.2)
Warne: 1.25 (lowest = 0.4, highest = 2.2, excluding Exeter)

Rosenior's stats are boosted by the Fleetwood and Wycombe games, in which we managed a total of 53 shots on goal. For comparison, we've had a total of 56 in Warne's 5 league games. Even ignoring those two outliers Rosenior's shots and xG average are higher than Warne's so far.

I'm not denying he had higher 'xG' I'm saying I don't think it's a good barometer. On shots per game, the sample size is so small that the 27 shots per game is skewing up the average. Realistically, it means very little.

36 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m not. I felt it was dull under Rosenior and lacking cutting edge but I could at least see what he was trying to do. I think it’s boring under Warne and I can’t see what he’s trying to do. 

We’ve won 2 from 7 in October.

I really am not bothered about the pizza trophy. In the league he won 2/5, drew one and lost two, one being a hard away game at Ipswich and the other being partially down to his striker being a muppet. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm not denying he had higher 'xG' I'm saying I don't think it's a good barometer. On shots per game, the sample size is so small that the 27 shots per game is skewing up the average. Realistically, it means very little.

As I pointed out, even without the two games with the most shots, Rosenior's average is still higher than Warne's

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I really am not bothered about the pizza trophy. In the league he won 2/5, drew one and lost two, one being a hard away game at Ipswich and the other being partially down to his striker being a muppet. 

Okay but by the same exemptions we didn’t win away under Rosenior despite battering teams as our strikers hadn’t found their shooting boots yet. 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Okay but by the same exemptions we didn’t win away under Rosenior despite battering teams as our strikers hadn’t found their shooting boots yet. 

Bit different when judging luck with a striker being sent off for an off the ball incident and strikers just missing chances in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Really, or is this a wind-up?

Oh not literally, but there are posts saying Warne seemed to be unconvinced of their injuries. I haven't heard the interview in question so am repeating the other post/tweets. But if it was like when he was asked about McGoldrick's injury then it is easy to see how misinterpretations might happen.