Neville takes the money

Archied

4 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Haha - good one. we can all remember that one next time we're accused of hypocrisy. We're simply "reporting both sides of the issue" ?

But good to know you consider gay rights to be an issue with two sides that deserve exploring.

And you're right I suppose

On the one side there is the peaceful humanitarian view that we're all equal and love is love, no matter who it is shared between, and that no one should be persecuted or discriminated against because of who they are. 

And on the other side - horrible old bigots who think being gay is an abomination against god and that LGBTQ+ people should be treated very differently to good honest "normal" hetero people

In that respect it's a very nuanced issue eh? ?

Ahh now I’m homophobic , have you not figured that tired old tactic has lost its potency you would be better to stamp your feet and scweam and scweam and scweam

Edited by Archied

17 hours ago, Archied said:

Ahh now I’m homophobic , have you not figured that tired old tactic has lost its potency you would be better to stamp your feet and scweam and scweam and scweam

Absolutely nowhere did I say that you were homophobic, don't let your paranoia get the better of you

But you're right, maybe I'll stamp my feet so much that I end up posting 4 times as many hysterical messages as the next most prolific poster ?

55 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

This is how you do it

Really ???? ,,, I find it inspiring and disgusting in equal measure , we are in a cost of lockdown crisis  , we have people sleeping on the streets , we have food banks and that’s just in this country let alone world poverty and you have a bloke telling beckam  ( who I believe is disgusting taking the money ) that if he doesn’t give the money back he will put 10 k through the shredder , seems a battle of the tone deaf s to me ,

if he says he will give it to charity no mater what becks does then I’m ok with that , perhaps a movement of those with money to shred stating they will donate to charity to highlight beckam I can get on board with,

derby just put nspcc on they’re shirts ,, give the money to them , they need it more than a shredder , we really are swamped with stupid self obsessed people on all sides these days

Edited by Archied

24 minutes ago, Archied said:

Really ???? ,,, I find it inspiring and disgusting in equal measure , we are in a cost of lockdown crisis  , we have people sleeping on the streets , we have food banks and that’s just in this country let alone world poverty and you have a bloke telling beckam  ( who I believe is disgusting taking the money ) that if he doesn’t give the money back he will put 10 k through the shredder , seems a battle of the tone deaf s to me ,

if he says he will give it to charity no mater what becks does then I’m ok with that , perhaps a movement of those with money to shred stating they will donate to charity to highlight beckam I can get on board with,

derby just put nspcc on they’re shirts ,, give the money to them , they need it more than a shredder , we really are swamped with stupid self obsessed people on all sides these days

He won't shred it.

He doesn't come across as stupid.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

He won't shred it.

He doesn't come across as stupid.

Ok , best I can come up with is badly thought through ,, beckam s actions show in my view a disgusting disregard for a section of people in our society,, lycetts threat to shred ten k in my view shows a disgusting disregard for a section of people in our society,

I just wish these people would put some thought in and show a bit of care for the plight of others not in the fortunate position they are

perhaps he should have a rethink and come out and state he is starting a go fund me page with the 10k starter where others can donate in protest to beckam taking the money and calling for it to be given back or given to the page , all donated to good causes ,, I would certainly donate

Edited by Archied

5 hours ago, Archied said:

Well, it's mid-November and I'm determined that by the end of the year, I'll have been able to post something in the Jim Smith Room that you don't have a miserable, negative take on. 

Supporting Derby is meant to be the joyless bit mate - we come in here for a bit of fun!

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Well, it's mid-November and I'm determined that by the end of the year, I'll have been able to post something in the Jim Smith Room that you don't have a miserable, negative take on. 

Supporting Derby is meant to be the joyless bit mate - we come in here for a bit of fun!

How about perhaps ,,, oh yeah ,I never thought it through , maybe IT S NOT HOW IT S DONE ,

It’s  a forum , it’s full of different views , opinions , it’s not a war and perhaps if you stopped treating it like one you might sometimes see things differently,,, I posted that I saw what he said as inspirational and disgusting in equal measure , you just ignored the positive and fired back at the negative , that’s on you 

13 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Tournament not even started and they already look to be incredibly paranoid about foreign reporters

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-63655870

Get the popcorn I reckon - the football might end up being the secondary entertainment here

Old news Stive, Posted on the World Cup Football thread.

But...the more bad news this tournament gets the better imo, Qatar should never have been awarded this, With all their negative human rights records, Women as 2nd class citizens, Gay relationships outlawed and a plethora of other issues to boot.

FIFA and UEFA  need to be shown for what they are...complicit in Qatar's abhorrent behaviour, I look forward to a pi$$ poor World Cup ?   

34 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

But...the more bad news this tournament gets the better imo, Qatar should never have been awarded this, With all their negative human rights records, Women as 2nd class citizens, Gay relationships outlawed and a plethora of other issues to boot.

FIFA and UEFA  need to be shown for what they are...complicit in Qatar's abhorrent behaviour, I look forward to a pi$$ poor World Cup ?   

Same here.

Normally I have a chart with all the games and possible dates for QF, SF etc on so I can plan work/life round the footie. Not bothered this time, I'll watch England if I'm not doing anything but won't change any plans or book time off work for it.

Hark at the faux outrage on here! I thought it was us lefties who were the snowflake generation, though that myth has been well and truly debunked in recent months. I can honestly say that I couldn't give a tuppeny f*** what Neville is banking for his time in Qatar and I'm amazed anyone else would do too. The fact is, it won't affect my appraisal of FIFA or Qatar, of that much you can be sure. 

Come on England!!! ?

Well lycett has posted video of him shredding 10 k , 

option 1 , it wasn’t real money and he’s just winding people up to self publicise supposedly shame beckham , bit of a twxt

option 2 , it was real money ,,, total twxt ??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Well lycett has posted video of him shredding 10 k , 

option 1 , it wasn’t real money and he’s just winding people up to self publicise supposedly shame beckham , bit of a twxt

option 2 , it was real money ,,, total twxt ??‍♂️

Option 3 he made people look a bit foolish for caring more about justifying why they dislike Joe Lycett than they seem to care about Beckham taking the Qatari dollar

14 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Option 3 he made people look a bit foolish for caring more about justifying why they dislike Joe Lycett than they seem to care about Beckham taking the Qatari dollar

Really ?? Even though I’ve made it clear I believe beckam taking the money is disgusting, sorry mate you just see what you want to see ,

the virtue signallers fold like a cheap deck chair on wearing the armband but will be taking the knee 

option 4 I think lycett action is slightly less worse but we are still surrounded by easy street heroes on all bloody sides , you can bet lycett wouldn’t be shredding his last ten grand , sick to death of these people pretending to be so principled when their stunts mean duck all

Edited by Archied

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Even though I’ve made it clear I believe beckam taking the money is disgusting, sorry mate you just see what you want to see

Yes, but what I see is one post where you say that Beckham taking the money is disgusting and then a dozen posts where you bang on about how much you hate Joe Lycett ?