Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

I know, but genuinely would think anyone is better than the no option other than mcgoldrick or Collins we have. Didn’t rate Stretton as good enough for derby. 

stockport possibly in the same league as us next season also.

Please don't take this comment personally but, when we are under financial restrictions and trying to show the EFL we deserve a bit more leeway, I cant think of a more ridiculous idea than signing someone because its better than having no-one. 

3 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

If we’d replaced osula I would’ve been happy. Plange off the top of my head could have done that?

seems we were let down on a promise, but can’t have literally one option. That’s poor planning.

I agree is not loads about for no money or fee, but would expect better than springett.

white has been ok I guess.

totally get all the restrictions, we’re all aware of them. But so were warne and the club. Would’ve hoped for better planning as a result.

What makes you think plange didn’t go for a loan fee or agent fee though. Doesn’t have to be a ridiculous fee but Any fee and he’s off the table 

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Please don't take this comment personally but, when we are under financial restrictions and trying to show the EFL we deserve a bit more leeway, I cant think of a more ridiculous idea than signing someone because its better than having no-one. 

Might have said that about Colin KR.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Burton Albion are under restrictions because of their tiny income. But they seem to find it easy to bring players in.

But they’re not absolute idiots are they?

Plange played regularly in the division above for us. And went for £1m fee.

But I agree, was more making the point that we needed someone and was options available.

Stretton was our player at the time too.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Perhaps if Warney had been a bit more liberal with his Willy he wouldn't have been recalled by sheff utd.......🤣

To be fair it wasn't stated as the definitive reason for the recall, just one of a number of reasons, and that he may have been recalled regardless of other situations anyway.

8 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

But they’re not absolute idiots are they?

Plange played regularly in the division above for us. And went for £1m fee.

But I agree, was more making the point that we needed someone and was options available.

Stretton was our player at the time too.

As other posters have pointed out, Plange has done nothing at Lincoln and Stretton can't even get in the Stockport team.

It seems your advocating having someone additional on the payroll just to say that we have another striker.

As other posters have pointed out, Plange has done nothing at Lincoln and Stretton can't even get in the Stockport team.

It seems your advocating having someone additional on the payroll just to say that we have another striker.

I think Stretton has scored in each of the last two games.

Are Burton unable to pay transfer fees or agents fees then?

We've paid £260k on agents fees this season (excluding the legacy £750k), whilst Burton have paid £110k. Only Sheffield Weds, Ipswich and Oxford have paid more than us.

When was the last time Burton paid a transfer fee for a player?

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think Stretton has scored in each of the last two games.

Yep. 2 starts, 2 goals. He joined a side in good form and had to wait for his chance.

Thorne was sat on our bench for months waiting for his chance. I don't think there are many on this forum who think Eustace was a better player than Thorne.

Would happily give plange a chance based on what I saw last season. Am not too bothered about what he has or hasn’t done for Lincoln this season.

yes, am very much advocating having someone additional on the payroll. The two examples given were entirely to make that point. You’ve taken it very literally though and turned into a debate on plange and Stretton ability rather than warne and his lack of signing a striker.

anyway, have a game today! Let’s hope for a win

On 14/04/2023 at 07:47, G STAR RAM said:

Surely by this point it's just a case of admitting what you said was guesswork and that you actually have no idea what budgets either Warne or his competitors were operating under!

You can find all the information on companies house, now..

Rotherham 21/22 wage bill - £5.8m

Ipswich 21/22 wage bill - £16.4m
Plymouth 21/22 wage bill - £5.4m
Wigan 21/22 wage bill - £11.7m
MK Dons 21/22 wage bill - £4.1m
Portsmouth 21/22 wage bill - £7m
Bolton 21/22 wage bill - £9.1m 

Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland due at the end of the month. Wycombe have filed under small company accounts, so their wages aren’t disclosed. Very strange. Oxford too don’t have a breakdown, but I’d guess between £4-5m based on figures. 

On 11/04/2023 at 17:25, RoyMac5 said:

There's no such thing. As has been said about promotion you have to take it while you can and make the best of it. So this season has to be made the best of, it was working (was that real or just luck?!) and now it's not. I feel it's very acceptable to ask why and what the answer to that might lead to.

Ok… so say we miss out on the play offs altogether then what???

sack the manager ? 

weve done that dance for about the last 10 seasons and look where its got us.