Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

"...Curtis Davies led a rendition of Derby's iconic chant after Tuesday's night game, but it may be some time before we see Warne follow suit.

Derby's head coach said he could be persuaded to do the bounce if they are promoted as his team continue to soar at the top of League One.

But after the win against Port Vale and back in the dressing room, Warne loudly did his own rendition - while he was going to the toilet.

"It was quite calm after the game," he said. "I spoke, then Richie Barker spoke and went full coach mode so I was having a waz in the urinals and I started singing 'if you don't do the bounce, if you don't do the bounce then you're a red'.

"I was having great fun and the players just booed him off! The next edition of Rams TV should be quite good because the cameras were in there."

In the urinals?

Who am I to judge?

15 hours ago, Andicis said:

The pizza cup is not important. The results are almost entirely meaningless. It's a game to play youth and try out different things, winning or losing doesn't really matter. I find it unlikely you think that or the very early stages of the Carabao are important.

It's not so much that I'm determined to discredit Rosenior, more that people keep making claims that he was integral to recruitment when there is little evidence to back the claim up. Most of the groundwork would have been done long before Rosenior was interim head coach as we knew long before our position.

Again, I'm not going to credit anyone with pizza cup wins. I can't remember the exact details of either of those games, but that was the overwhelming feeling I had at the time. I didn't have much faith in us winning away under Rosenior at any point.  A quick scan of Google tells me we had 2 shots on target Vs Charlton but that it was a somewhat even game. Almost certainly should have beaten Fleetwood, but we didn't. Shrewsbury and Lincoln were abject.

I don't think Rosenior has had more than a minor role in our success personally. I don't believe he was the massively responsible party for recruitment maybe he was, but I struggle to believe it wasn't months of planning in advance. What is there to downplay? From a performance point of view, not great. Whether you believe he somehow recruited all of these players by himself is not really public knowledge.

A final note to sign off on would be to question why if you are so well intended you would deliberately have chosen misleading statistics on your original post? Not exactly supportive of the current manager is it?

Just making yourself look daft now.  The players themselves credited Roseniors with recruiting them.

Edited by Blondest Goat

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you think we're looking the same team as we did under Rosenior? We started the season like a house on fire and then our play got worse. Whereas under Warne we play differently and we're getting better.

So, lovely as Rosenior was, I see little evidence that he would have got us winning away matches like we do now.

I don't think anyone is disputing that are they? 

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you think we're looking the same team as we did under Rosenior? We started the season like a house on fire and then our play got worse. Whereas under Warne we play differently and we're getting better.

So, lovely as Rosenior was, I see little evidence that he would have got us winning away matches like we do now.

How exactly … did we get worse ? Can you give the evidence that we got worse! 
Rosenior done a fantastic job here under Rooney in difficult circumstances and has put together a good small squad keeping within embargoes and budgets set by efl 

his style of play differs to Warnes and what Warne ans his team have done has made us look much fitter than when Rooney and LR were here and that is clear to see 

Why do people keep comparing when there is no point whatsoever …fwiw I don’t think Warne would’ve signed the players Rosenior did so we should thank him for assembling a good albeit small squad …Warne has galvanised us I get that …but give Rosenior some credit as he did a god job under difficult circumstances here and conducted himself brilliantly at all times 

Edited by S8TY

25 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

I don't think anyone is disputing that are they? 

I don't think many are, but what's constantly and conveniently ignored is any factors in why our play might have got worse, no matter how reasoned an argument you could make.

There's no point in mentioning them again though because the usual suspects just turn a blind eye to anything that disrupts their groupthink, before roundly turning on you if you continue to argue your point.

Edited by Kokosnuss

3 minutes ago, S8TY said:

How exactly … did we get worse ? Can you give the evidence that we got worse! 

Did you watch us play? Must just be me then, but I saw less and less evidence of the way we went at Charlton and should have scored a hatful.

You don't have to agree with my view, fine.

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Why do people keep comparing when there is no point whatsoever …fwiw I don’t think Warne would’ve signed the players Rosenior did so we should thank him for assembling a good albeit small squad …Warne has galvanised us I get that …but give Rosenior some credit as he did a god job under difficult circumstances here and conducted himself brilliantly at all times 

Lol. So why have you just compared? ?

I'm not giving Rosenior no credit that wasn't the point being made. FWIW I wonder how many of the players we signed committed to us when they thought Rooney was going to be here? As you say, pointless.

My opinion is that Rosenior was not the manager to take us forward, seems Mr Clowes thought that too.

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did you watch us play? Must just be me then, but I saw less and less evidence of the way we went at Charlton and should have scored a hatful.

I'm not giving Rosenior no credit that wasn't the point being made. FWIW I wonder how many of the players we signed committed to us when they thought Rooney was going to be here? As you say, pointless.

My opinion is that Rosenior was not the manager to take us forward, seems Mr Clowes thought that too.

Oh bully for you Roy Mr Clowes thought that too…which makes you right I take it !! lol

stop nit picking and saying how Rosenior wouldn’t have been a success when you just don’t know that!! Yes we battered Charlton away and we will never know how we would’ve gone with LR in charge …and for the record and to give some credit to Rosenior ..none of the players had to sign for us because Rooney had gone so he must’ve sold his ideas or the club to some good players who could easily had played in the championship and it’s a good job he did because he signed some decent players 

3 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Oh bully for you Roy Mr Clowes thought that too…which makes you right I take it !! lol

stop nit picking and saying how Rosenior wouldn’t have been a success when you just don’t know that!! Yes we battered Charlton away and we will never know how we would’ve gone with LR in charge …and for the record and to give some credit to Rosenior ..none of the players had to sign for us because Rooney had gone so he must’ve sold his ideas or the club to some good players who could easily had played in the championship and it’s a good job he did because he signed some decent players 

He can have all the credit he likes for the period up until Warney was appointed. Congratulations Mr Rosenior. As I said he seems a lovely bloke, he did his best for the Club this season.

Does that make you feel better?

I'm just awfully happy that Mr Clowes decided he wanted Mr Warne to be our manager.

55 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Also Roy I think Paul Warne is brilliant …a great personality and character and although some including myself worried that it would be hoofball it really isn’t and I love how he’s galvanised us and made us hard to beat
The fitness levels seem higher and I really like the bloke and although some don’t like his ways/ methods and coming across as a cheeky chappy type I love it and am guessing the players do too as they are working there socks off every game 

There will be bumps in the road and we will see who’s quick to jump on Warne but I won’t be one of them as I think we have a real gem 

11 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Also Roy I think Paul Warne is brilliant …a great personality and character and although some including myself worried that it would be hoofball it really isn’t and I love how he’s galvanised us and made us hard to beat
The fitness levels seem higher and I really like the bloke and although some don’t like his ways/ methods and coming across as a cheeky chappy type I love it and am guessing the players do too as they are working there socks off every game 

There will be bumps in the road and we will see who’s quick to jump on Warne but I won’t be one of them as I think we have a real gem 

I think he is a manager that Morris would never have found, but he's one Derby have been looking for for a long time.

I'm sure there will be bumps along the way, not too many I hope as I'm enjoying being on this unbeaten run and our hunting down the top league places. #COYR

35 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Wonder if he will be a target for the Wigan job and be enticed or approached? I suspect and hope not as we have a bigger fan base and club and may swap back divisions with them, but for sure Paul will be a target for some in the championship or even PL if this form continues. 

He left championship side Rotherham to join us can’t see him leaving to join Wigan who are about the same size club as Rotherham and in a worse league position as them

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

Wonder if he will be a target for the Wigan job and be enticed or approached? I suspect and hope not as we have a bigger fan base and club and may swap back divisions with them, but for sure Paul will be a target for some in the championship or even PL if this form continues. 

No chance. There are only a few clubs in English football that would be a step up from Derby county and they're all top premier League clubs.

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

In the urinals?

Who am I to judge?

I tend to sing to myself in the urinals nowadays. Its age related, tends to take a lot more time so singing passes the time.

If I'm humming a Nathaniel Mendez-Laing ditty in the Merry Widows toilets someone always comes and joins in. 

It goes a bit quiet when we get to the massive wang bit though......

13 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

No chance. There are only a few clubs in English football that would be a step up from Derby county and they're all top premier League clubs.

Everton , 2nd bottom of the Prem would argue that one . Up for sale for £Billions , £400 mill in 3 years on players . Ultra modern stadium being built. But I know how you feel.

28 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Everton , 2nd bottom of the Prem would argue that one . Up for sale for £Billions , £400 mill in 3 years on players . Ultra modern stadium being built. But I know how you feel.

More chance of Rooney getting that job than Warne.   Warne has got the "unfashionable" tag to overcome.  Some of our own fans turned their nose up at his appointment and perceived playing style.  Fans of Prem clubs are even more up their own backsides when it comes to expecting beautiful football.

When the manager himself acknowledges that at least half of the fanbase didn’t want him and his team, that tells you all you need to know.

We were incredibly dismissive of Warne and unfairly so. A pound shop Rowett, some said. The next Jewell, some said. The next Pearson, some said. Taking a leaf out of the Mel Morris playbook, some said.

It was so bad that some respected posters have gone into complete hiding knowing they well and truly overreacted to his appointment.

Doing the bounce when we get promoted? If I were Warne, I would be doing laps of the pitch cupping my ears. It’d be what we deserve.

He’s doing a cracking job and it’s a shame it’s taken us going 14 games unbeaten for him and his team to get some credit.

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

When the manager himself acknowledges that at least half of the fanbase didn’t want him and his team, that tells you all you need to know.

We were incredibly dismissive of Warne and unfairly so. A pound shop Rowett, some said. The next Jewell, some said. The next Pearson, some said. Taking a leaf out of the Mel Morris playbook, some said.

It was so bad that some respected posters have gone into complete hiding knowing they well and truly overreacted to his appointment.

Doing the bounce when we get promoted? If I were Warne, I would be doing laps of the pitch cupping my ears. It’d be what we deserve.

He’s doing a cracking job and it’s a shame it’s taken us going 14 games unbeaten for him and his team to get some credit.

And lots of us just waited and didn’t comment until we saw something worth commenting on.

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

And lots of us just waited and didn’t comment until we saw something worth commenting on.

Absolutely true. Many of us were were willing to wait and see and many of us were optimistic, quietly or otherwise.

But the fact that even the manager caught wind of the mood of the fanbase perhaps shows that the impact of our words and our thoughts is more significant than we realise.