Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

saying he should go is ridiclous we currently sit in the playoffs.

but the warning signs are there for all to see including warne, he wont be able to make his own squad in the summer if he doesnt act sharpish and address the complacency that has kicked into the squad and amongst him & his staff

Just now, Jubbs said:

I mean I think it's pretty relevant. The fact that in 6 less games, he won more against the Top 14 teams and that our records under Warne against any decent side it diabolical. 

and its pretty important if you path to the championship is via the playoffs where you have to beat top 6 teams

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

I mean I think it's pretty relevant. The fact that in 6 less games, he won more against the Top 14 teams and that our records under Warne against any decent side it diabolical. 

So what? He never had to play any of the top sides away from home. Bore draws at Shrewsbury and Fleetwood then that defeat at Lincoln did it for me. We weren't going anywhere. Rosenior is at Hull now anyway just let it go. 

14 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Who did we play under Rosenior that is actually in the playoffs? 

im not bothered about comparisons between the two

that is history

fact remains we need to start competing better against top 6 sides if we have intentions of going up

2 minutes ago, alram said:

im not bothered about comparisons between the two

that is history

fact remains we need to start competing better against top 6 sides if we have intentions of going up

Agreed. But getting in them playoffs is the most important thing. Record goes out the window. We were diabolical against Leeds and Villa under Frank in the normal season yet could have and probably would have gone up had Roos not dropped the ball in his own net.

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

As a minimum he deserves the summer to assemble his team, albeit he will need to be creative with restrictions still in place but he knew that coming in. 

if we don’t achieve top 6 next season, then I’d look at moving him on

We're starting to look like we don't know how to play football, limited on the ball, so we're a League 1 team already. Warne should be able to get us up then?

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

As a minimum he deserves the summer to assemble his team, albeit he will need to be creative with restrictions still in place but he knew that coming in. 

if we don’t achieve top 6 next season, then I’d look at moving him on

Top 6 in the championship would be quite the achievement. Would be harsh to move him on.

43 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Rosenior didn't adapt to the players either. Had us playing possession for possession sake. It just wasn't effective.

On reflection it was probably no more or less effective than what we've seen under Warne. It was too boring for some (/many) though. Whatever issues under Warne boredom hasn't been one of them.

Not scoring against Fleetwood & Shrewsbury away, losing to Lincoln and letting a lead slip against Plymouth were seen as big reasons why it simply wasn't going to work under Rosenior. They may have been valid reasons and I'm not saying he would have been doing any better by keeping him.

Losing at home to Fleetwood, throwing away a 2-0 lead at home to Shrewsbury, only managing to get a draw at home to 10 man Lincoln, letting a lead slip away at Plymouth? Are you not entertained!?

Edited by Kokosnuss

I was and remain negative about Warne's appointment because of his style of play and its lack of sustainability for the Championship.  That said, I dislike far more the madcap posts on here on a day like today.  We are basically running out of steam because of the restrictions in our situation.  Old boys and young kids are not going to get us promoted while the top of this league is as strong as it currently is.  But that won't be what we have in a season or two's time.  The lack of patience is disastrous for the Club's morale and it needs to change. 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We're starting to look like we don't know how to play football, limited on the ball, so we're a League 1 team already. Warne should be able to get us up then?

I genuinely think the players are spent, the type of football warne wants to play requires a fit, physical squad with pace and power and we don’t have it, yet. 

it’s a bit like a Bielsa team, notorious for gassing toward the end of the season due to high intensity they play with. 

I’ll judge him next season