Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

As a pre-appointment sceptic about Warne's style (and therefore appointment) I do find this thread irritating.  Once a manager is appointed support him through to the end of the season at least.  Certainly too many 'fans' have forgotten we were nearly defunct, and we should be grateful to have even a night like last night. 0-0 in the National League North is not the same.

22 minutes ago, Mrso said:

As a pre-appointment sceptic about Warne's style (and therefore appointment) I do find this thread irritating.  Once a manager is appointed support him through to the end of the season at least.  Certainly too many 'fans' have forgotten we were nearly defunct, and we should be grateful to have even a night like last night. 0-0 in the National League North is not the same.

Why?

A nice thread from Leigh Curtis and he raises a good point. We can talk about formations, style of play etc all we want but the two biggest problems Derby have are a lack of depth and the market we’ve had to buy in. Warne can’t do anything about those two factors.

Edited by TuffLuff

11 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

A nice thread from Leigh Curtis and he raises a good point. We can talk about formations, style of play etc all we want but the two biggest problems Derby have are a lack of depth and the market we’ve had to buy in. Warne can’t do anything about those two factors.

He's just Pearson in disguise.

What aggression did Exeter have last night? (Other than their keeper that is!) Bird and Smith are a reasonable fit and Smith puts himself about. We've enough decent players, if the manager can't get them to play then who do we question?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What aggression did Exeter have last night? (Other than their keeper that is!) Bird and Smith are a reasonable fit and Smith puts himself about. We've enough decent players, if the manager can't get them to play then who do we question?

I thought Exeter looked decent last night (until they faded second half). They were clearly player-for-player worse than us, but they had a pattern of play, and every player knew their jobs, and (more importantly) could actually do them.  They pressed as a team, and worked the ball quite well when they got it back. Their right wing-back was a text-book demo of what a wing-back should be doing too, thought he was excellent.

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I thought Exeter looked decent last night (until they faded second half). They were clearly player-for-player worse than us, but they had a pattern of play, and every player knew their jobs, and (more importantly) could actually do them.  They pressed as a team, and worked the ball quite well when they got it back. Their right wing-back was a text-book demo of what a wing-back should be doing too, thought he was excellent.

Jack Sparkes? He was ace last night - is he like that every week or just against us?

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Yes I agree. But would you call them 'aggressive'?

What's 'a pattern of play'? ?

9 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Is Bird twice as lovely a footballer than the others, then?

(So good they named him twice). ?

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

A little reverential, but you can't help but like Paul Warne off the pitch. On it, we won't know for some time.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. ? But might have been less so with a different result?

Edited by RoyMac5

22 minutes ago, cosmic said:

This fella bothers me.  He seems to be a bit like that middle manager at work constantly coming up with 'deep diving' irrelevant ideas to make your life more miserable, whilst sniffing round the boardrooms arse using these ideas to prove how proactive he is.  Not like Derby haven't played Liverpool before many many times.  Your not at Rotherham anymore. All rather bilious.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He seems to be a bit like that middle manager at work constantly coming up with 'deep diving' irrelevant ideas

I’m glad I’m not alone. He’s very David Brent isn’t he?

I’m reserving judgement on his ability as a football manager because he’s come into a challenging situation. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This fella bothers me.  He seems to be a bit like that middle manager at work constantly coming up with 'deep diving' irrelevant ideas to make your life more miserable, whilst sniffing round the boardrooms arse using these ideas to prove how proactive he is.  Not like Derby haven't played Liverpool before many many times.  Your not at Rotherham anymore. All rather bilious.

He just needs to get some consistent results then all will be forgiven. I think its only a few people who have these sort of doubts anyway 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I know that kind of manager, where you just hope to god they get their promotion and stop bothering you.

Came off a little bit "OMG, I'm talking to Klopp" but, on the other hand, we played well and got something in a game we might have come away with a pasting had Warne not got everyone well drilled on the plan and executing it well.