Derby County v Wycombe Wanderers H Matchday Thread

archram

I have been on the Wycombe website, some are balanced , some hate us as we are the biggest cheats in football and some are deluded and have an issue that we are a bigger club than them, one even commented about our time wasting??

i really dislike Wycombe, I dislike their owner. I really would like to see them get into financial trouble, but that is unlikely as they can fill their carpark. I live near Wycombe as well, awful place . 

so who are the 50 fans able to go to the away game, remember get a train as their isn’t any parking 

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

I have been on the Wycombe website, some are balanced , some hate us as we are the biggest cheats in football and some are deluded and have an issue that we are a bigger club than them, one even commented about our time wasting??

i really dislike Wycombe, I dislike their owner. I really would like to see them get into financial trouble, but that is unlikely as they can fill their carpark. I live near Wycombe as well, awful place . 

Some nice words from Ainsworth here...

Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth admitted Derby County could have scored "four or five" against his side as he praised the quality of finishing from Conor Hourihane.

Reflecting on his side's performance, Ainsworth said he was pleased with his players' work rate but conceded Derby had shown their class.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gareth-ainsworth-derby-county-wycombe-7598802

Still a lank-haired gobshite, mind! ?

15 minutes ago, Truckle said:

That Ronaldo pose apart, I thought Mehmeti was exactly the player I hoped Kamil would be for us.  Put him a team that didn't have ten Neanderthals and he would be class.

9 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Agree I’d take him, good pace direct and skilful 

His close control was as good as anyone one the pitch and there were some good players out there. He could definitely step up a league. I hope we monitor him, although Wycombe fans say he has 2 years left on his contract.

45 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not sure why you assumed it was as I like Max a lot. It was Joe Wildsmith I was curious about. For me he was MVP but I'm guessing Conor filled that slot but I'm curious as to how the statistical approach reflected Joe's second half performance, which was the best I've seen from a Derby stopper in a while

Crazy for CH not Wildsmith to be motm. Just hope Wildsmith doesn’t get injured 

Re Time wasting. Yes there’s the times when they all forget who is supposed to take a throw in, times where a foul is committed and they kick the ball away etc. but one of the worst occasions yesterday was their keeper feigning some sort of injury to his foot and getting their physio on when the pressure was properly building. He then proceed to clear from a goal kick by belting the ball with the same foot that needed physio moments earlier. 

That is just plain cheating. 

5 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Re Time wasting. Yes there’s the times when they all forget who is supposed to take a throw in, times where a foul is committed and they kick the ball away etc. but one of the worst occasions yesterday was their keeper feigning some sort of injury to his foot and getting their physio on when the pressure was properly building. He then proceed to clear from a goal kick by belting the ball with the same foot that needed physio moments earlier. 

We do it when it suits us. Would be easy for rule changes to nullify it or cut it out 

27 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think there's always a bias towards game winners and I kind of get that, but Joe was excellent and has become an important member of the team pretty swiftly. I confess to not knowing too much about him before he came, but the he was widely written off on here. I guess that was the first clue he might prove pretty handy! 

26 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

As soon as he scored his first I said to the person next me that would mean he get MOTM. There does seem to be an obsession with giving the award to whoever scores. The second goal cemented the decision. Wildsmith had a good game and Cashin’s tackle when their player was clean through was almost as good as scoring a goal.

Wildsmith might well have been my choice as well but I don’t think they like giving it to the keeper as some would interpret it that we were under the cosh which, of course, we weren’t.

Just to let anyone who’s interested know I had a fantastic time yesterday! What I hadn’t realised was that my son’s friend’s company were match sponsors so we got lots of official photos taken. ( I did say to the sponsor after the first 20 minutes I was glad he was paying not me !)

Great that we won with 2 well taken goals. With lots of steps to go up and down and so many people around I was shattered when I got home and slept for almost 11 hours last night!

Have just realised I’ll need to start the thread for the next game as we won - someone may need to remind me as it’s so long until then!

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We do it when it suits us. Would be easy for rule changes to nullify it or cut it out 

It's about time they did something about time wasting ?  It's a part of the game I detest ! That and the holding & wrestling at corners 

Edited by darren22
Added a bit

23 minutes ago, darren22 said:

It's about time they did something about time wasting ?  It's a part of the game I detest ! That and the holding & wrestling at corners 

There was an interesting discussion on this on Guardian Football Podcast last week. They were saying that African Nations Cup suffered terribly from time wasting meaning there were so few goals later on in games.

It's a very effective tactic, as rather than waste time as such, it just takes momentum out of the game for the team trying to get a goal.

Having to leave the pitch after treatment maybe tried to address it, but players come straight back on anyway. Perhaps players should have to remain off until the ball next goes out of play? Or for a set period of time? Perhaps a player who goes down and can't get straight up can be immediately stretchered off for treatment on the side. 

Must be some easy rule changes that would make games more enjoyable.

5 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I used to work with Simon Gordon, the patron of Gordon's wine bar. He'll be pleased to hear of the brand reach of his family business! 

His father started it and on his death in the early noughties, Simon gave up a lucrative career in financial services to own and run it. 

Me and Mrs C spent many an hour in there between work and home. 

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Oh I agree fella. It's the system that was at fault and sadly Max will be the scapegoat, but he does look like he needs to regain confidence and whilst I understand Rosey's thinking in making him the skipper, I also think that was a mistake and came a year too early. I also think that he has yet to fill his frame and when he does, we'll start to see the player that he can be. The technical ability is there for all to see, should they care to look, but this is a more physical league than Max is used to and he's still quite willowy to my eye. 

As for my question, it wasn't in reference to Max. Not sure why you assumed it was as I like Max a lot. It was Joe Wildsmith I was curious about. For me he was MVP but I'm guessing Conor filled that slot but I'm curious as to how the statistical approach reflected Joe's second half performance, which was the best I've seen from a Derby stopper in a while.

SmartSelect_20220918_120229_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1154f553f85293907faa2aa2f77b4c1b.jpg

Collins 6.5

1 hour ago, HorsforthRam said:

Either they have a Physio that has healing hands or they were taking another minutes silence Tired Good Night GIF by HBO Max

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

No Carl. In other games, Conor has been anchored deeper because as we have seen before on several occasions, a midfield 2 of him and Max tend to get overrun and out-muscled at points in the game. When we switched systems yesterday, we had more bodies in the middle sector and Conor started taking up positions from which he could do damage. The rest, as they say, is history.

In any case, I'm glad you're 'ecstatic' about the win and that the Rosey sledging is on hold, albeit briefly, I suspect.

No, Hair. In other games, Conor has been out on his feet by early in the second half. ?