My idea honour of queen one last time.

B4ev6is

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Society has no use for a monarchy. We have a democratically elected government. 

Remove the monarchy from the equation in the UK and you do not end up with anarchy.

Playing devils advocate...

Having a (non political) king or queen as a constitutional head of state is a calming leveller and the sole reason the UK is one of the very few European countries that haven't had political extremes... ie Italy, Spain, Austria... Germany.

The saving we get from abolishing the monarchy does not outweigh the pleasure the pomp & ceremony gives to so many people.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Simple question, why should I be impacted in any way or forced to pay any respects to an institution I believe should be abolished?

No sensible country has any need for a monarchy, you might as well make the tooth fairy the head of state for all the sense it makes.

Just pretend the game was cancelled because of snow and make sure you go to work next Monday. 

If you do both of the above, you shouldn't be impacted too much. 

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

The met have said they have enough police to cope with sporting events but still happened.

Horse racing happened rubray happen golf happened so why not football.

Football fans can’t control themselves. It takes many more police to steward a football game than it does any other sport, because there are always a good number who want to cause problems. You can’t even get football fans to find and sit down in their allocated seats.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Well a huge wealth tax would be a good start, for all similar people with vast amounts of wealth.

Why should the ones who do well for themselves support the lazy b@stards who want to just sponge their whole lives?

All businesses pay their taxes and all individuals pay their taxes too. 

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Why should the ones who do well for themselves support the lazy b@stards who want to just sponge their whole lives?

All businesses pay their taxes and all individuals pay their taxes too. 

Sounds like you are cool with royals like Andrew having a life of obscene luxury then, but yet more hard working people living on the poverty line.

He's just done well for himself right?

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Sounds like you are cool with royals like Andrew having a life of obscene luxury then, but yet more hard working people living on the poverty line.

He's just done well for himself right?

I don’t recall anywhere that I’ve said that. 

But, if you need to make things up to back up your nonsense, you keep going for it. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Football fans can’t control themselves. It takes many more police to steward a football game than it does any other sport, because there are always a good number who want to cause problems. You can’t even get football fans to find and sit down in their allocated seats.

I been plenty of away games were stood up yes odd few that spoil it for many but rubray just as many fans that want cause trouble.

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Simple question, why should I be impacted in any way or forced to pay any respects to an institution I believe should be abolished?

No sensible country has any need for a monarchy, you might as well make the tooth fairy the head of state for all the sense it makes.

Who is being forced to pay respects...no one..just go to work on Monday and leave the TV off you will be good to go..

14 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I guess for the time being we're condemned to hang out with those crazy bar-stewards the Swedes, the Norwegians, the Danes, the Dutch, the Spanish, the Belgians, the Thais and the Japanese. 

I've no great preference either way, but democratic Republics aren't guaranteed to have stability, nor necessarily offer greater democracy and value for money. It'd be a bigger step than many realise. 

13 hours ago, RebelScum said:

Playing devils advocate...

Having a (non political) king or queen as a constitutional head of state is a calming leveller and the sole reason the UK is one of the very few European countries that haven't had political extremes... ie Italy, Spain, Austria... Germany.

The saving we get from abolishing the monarchy does not outweigh the pleasure the pomp & ceremony gives to so many people.

Only British rebel scum would be so level-headed!

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I guess for the time being we're condemned to hang out with those crazy bar-stewards the Swedes, the Norwegians, the Danes, the Dutch, the Spanish, the Belgians, the Thais and the Japanese. 

I've no great preference either way, but democratic Republics aren't guaranteed to have stability, nor necessarily offer greater democracy and value for money. It'd be a bigger step than many realise. 

As regards to 'value for money', I think that it's been proven many times that the revenue gained for the country far outweighs the costs of the Royal Family as a whole. True, it doesn't apply to all Royals and I believe that the new Monarch will address this. A large majority of the visitors to this country, come,  because of the  Royal Family, well it can't be for the weather. There are also many good causes taken up by ordinary folk who are rewarded by visits and rewards from the Royals, these are highlights of their lives for their good works, as my next door neighbour would testify. Would a person running a charity for many years cherish a meeting with a politician, for the rest of their lives?

Our Royal Family is part of the fabric of our country and makes it what it is, you only have to see how the world has reacted to our loss, to realise how important our Royal Family is globally.

18 minutes ago, ram59 said:

As regards to 'value for money', I think that it's been proven many times that the revenue gained for the country far outweighs the costs of the Royal Family as a whole. True, it doesn't apply to all Royals and I believe that the new Monarch will address this. A large majority of the visitors to this country, come,  because of the  Royal Family, well it can't be for the weather. There are also many good causes taken up by ordinary folk who are rewarded by visits and rewards from the Royals, these are highlights of their lives for their good works, as my next door neighbour would testify. Would a person running a charity for many years cherish a meeting with a politician, for the rest of their lives?

Our Royal Family is part of the fabric of our country and makes it what it is, you only have to see how the world has reacted to our loss, to realise how important our Royal Family is globally.

Well said.

The Princes trust run for decades by Charles as given underprivliged/poor children an opening into the work place, which otherwise that opportunity would not have been available.

Duke of Edinburgh award scheme which i had the pleasure to attend in 1968, so long ago, which helps children too bond and learn basic discipline, which sadly Great Britian today is missing.

Ram 59 mentioned charities, which a Royal name on the executive will open many doors, and they bring in a lot of money to help many causes.

Queen Elizabeth helped to secure a lot of business to the country from around the World over her 70 years, by entertaning business leaders from a range of companies.

Last i heard was it cost each individual 50 pence from their income tax to pay for the Royal family, which do hell of a lot to help the poor of this country.

Thankfully the negative view is only held by a small minority, so from a Poor Boy, long live the King.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

A large majority of the visitors to this country, come,  because of the  Royal Family, well it can't be for the weather.

A large majority? Are they expecting to go to Buckingham Palace for tea or something?

I'd say this country has 100s of places that people would come to visit, and almost none of them are to do with a sitting monarch.

Except Pizza Express in Woking. That place particularly memorable.

32 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

A large majority? Are they expecting to go to Buckingham Palace for tea or something?

I'd say this country has 100s of places that people would come to visit, and almost none of them are to do with a sitting monarch.

Except Pizza Express in Woking. That place particularly memorable.

Your very sure of yourself when you clearly know nothing. 

I have family who live in both USA and Canada. They are massive Royalists along with many people they know. 

America on its own bring that many visitors to the UK who tour our country because of the Royals. Most of their trip is based around them. 

China is exactly the same, they love our Monarchs. 

You’ve clearly got your own grievance for some reason. 

12 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Your very sure of yourself when you clearly know nothing. 

I have family who live in both USA and Canada. They are massive Royalists along with many people they know. 

America on its own bring that many visitors to the UK who tour our country because of the Royals. Most of their trip is based around them. 

China is exactly the same, they love our Monarchs. 

You’ve clearly got your own grievance for some reason. 

This is the biggest myth going. 

William alone gets £22m a year. You're not telling me we get that much from tourists coming solely to see and follow the royals.

If you believe the royals bring in more money than they cost the taxpayer then you'll believe anything.