Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

As I've mentioned before, I don't think there was ever any likelihood of him returning, unless we could sell him. 

The loan has served two purposes, relieved the financial pressure upon us and given us room to add wages and improve the squad should someone we want become available and it's given Beilik a World Cup appearance.

I'd imagine Warne would prefer to go his own way, rather than be saddled with a big wage that restricts any business he can do this window, regardless of Beilik's ability. 

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'll have any opinion that suits me fella and comment as I choose. I'll look forward to us not being able to sign anyone for money in a year when he leaves on a free and our FFP sucks up the loss

That's an 'interesting' point, how will he be valued for ffp does administration have any effect?

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Those no hate just disappointment that he's been accommodated excessively over the last 6 months and clearly couldn't give a stuff. I would expect him to call the manager of the club he's contracted to for a chat regardless.  That's clearly beneath him. 

There’s so many odd assumptions in your views on this. A bit of reading the DET and watching interviews shows there has been some contact between him and Warne, just not recently which appears to be mutual.

Bielik said in an interview back in October that he is grateful to the club, that Derby is in his heart and that if we recalled him in Jan he would go along with it. He’s also said he is enjoying playing at Brum and in the championship. Nothing he has said or done is openly disrespectful, and yet you seem to be suggesting otherwise. A season long loan was agreed with a recall clause, from what info is out there you’re right in that Bielik’s wishes have been considered. Seems we accommodated this partly to give him the chance of representing his country at the World Cup and also because it relieves some or all of the financial strain his contract represents. All considered decisions made by the owner of the club. All parties aware he could be recalled in January, now a decision has been made not to do so.
I appreciate your opinion and it’s clear you won’t change your mind on it, I just don’t see what facts you’re basing your disappointment specifically related to Bielik the person on? He’s not downed tools from what we know, has spoken truthfully and respectfully in public regarding Derby and the loan spell, what is there to be so annoyed about? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

56 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Just like I haven't heard Osula, Dobbin and Roberts make any noises going back to their teams, which all play in higher leagues. 

I don't know Bielik's thoughts on coming back to Derby, but until I hear actual evidence saying otherwise, I'll believe that he still has loyalty to this club.

The club's financial situation is well known and the most obvious reason for him staying at Blues, is a financial one. Bielik returning to the club would reduce our capacity to signing maybe one cheap player. Would anyone choose to have Bielik back rather signing a decent full back and a decent striker?

Why are 'supporters' slagging off our own players without any firm evidence? It's comments like these which can only contribute to disharmony at the club. Sometimes, even if you feel strongly about something, you need to keep it to yourself, for the greater good, whether it's family, friends or our beloved football club.

In October Bielik said:

“Derby may shorten the loan period in winter," he said. "Can I imagine playing League One? I'd like to play in the Championship. Derby is my club. I am grateful to them. They will decide."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-krystian-bielik-birmingham-7684958?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Now when you combine this with Warne's comments not wanting any hostages at the club, people are just connecting the dots.

Bielik is no fool, if he came out and said I don't want to go back to Derby that wouldn't sound great, so he's putting it on the club.

Warne could just recall him, but why? He wants in his words players pulling in the right direction.

It's clearly not the club he has an issue with, it's simply playing in League 1.

Now that will draw criticism rightly or wrongly given his injury history and Championship game time when other players like Bird and Knight have got their heads down.

None of this is a surprise, wasn't long ago his ambitions were even higher talking of wanting to play in the Premier League.

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Has he contacted Warne.  Appears not.  Warne said he'd like him back and would chat to him after the world cup.  Nothings happened

Surely the onus is on Warne to contact Bielik not the other way around. It’s the club that has the option to end the loan not Bielik.

Warne might want him back but perhaps finances (or best option to sell him) won’t allow. If Warne really does want him back and Clowes has given the approval, surely he’d be reaching out rather than waiting for his phone to ring.

None of us really know the truth and in the absence of anything specific (for example Warne saying I asked him to come back but he said no) I’m prepared to give one of our players the benefit of the doubt for now rather than vilify him.

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Warne said "I'm led to believe Bielik won't be coming back"

An interesting way to put it, for sure. 

Very odd wording wasn't it. Suggests it's very much not a decision for Warne which suggests it's down to finance. If the finance worked well, then I'm guessing it would move down the chain to Warne to make the decision. It's like when Warne was talking about the upcoming signing and not sure if it will be a loan or permanent, saying "It could be either or (loan/permanent). That's the fun part. I am like the face. I've let you in the nightclub. I am the doorman so I've done the first bit then it's up to the club to sort out."

I'm sure Warne understands the strictures the club are working under and is happy to concentrate on football rather than financial matters.

13 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Does anybody think that Bielik is a Warne type player?  Has a lot of qualities but wouldn't list energy as one of them.

Definitely a Warne type player. He can play as a solo DM to allow whoever in front to be all energy with little worries about defending in midfield as Bielik is good enough to play on his own. Barlaser played a similar type that allowed two in front to press more. Bielik's progression is brilliant so yeah, I think he's definitely a Warne type. 

15 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Warne said "I'm led to believe Bielik won't be coming back"

An interesting way to put it, for sure. 

Warne does this cryptic stuff sometimes.

When he first came in, I remember there was an injury to McGoldrick (I think) and, when asked about it, Warne replied to the effect of 'Is he? I don't know if he is.'

Just bizarre wording that makes it look like he doesn't know what's going on.

I just think Bielik would be a square peg in a round hole here now. 

He’s a class act when he’s on form for sure.

However, he would be here begrudgingly as he’s ambitious and wants International Football.

The sooner we offload him the better. His presence, albeit remote, is a distraction.

We should let him go with our very best wishes and thanks for his time with us as a ram.

On 10/01/2023 at 22:56, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Having played a huge 1 game for Arsenal in the league cup in 4 years there, 10 games for Birmingham as they fought relegation from the championship before being dropped,  half a season on loan At Walsall in league 1 where he played a mammoth zero games, a year at Charlton in League 1 and about 30 games for us, I can see why we would below his station in League 1.  It's a glittering CV.  Blokes practically Cruyff.  I'm only amazed we got him for 7.5 million with add ons and he agreed to a paltry 20 k a week plus over 5 years.  

A fit Bielik belongs in the PL and will continue to play international football. All depends on his body. The rehab work he put in with us shows he has the attitude to continue to get stronger and fitter. Loved watching him at his best but we’re not the club for him just now. Really hope he does well. 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I just treat this as if Belick is injured and not playing football ( he can’t be at Birmingham anyway) but we aren’t paying his full wages but we still own Arsenal lots ?‍♂️Which makes it all a bit more acceptable 

Do we still owe Arsenal? I thought the admins’ report suggested the ‘football creditors’ were all paid out when the club was transferred to DC. 

4 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

A fit Bielik belongs in the PL and will continue to play international football. All depends on his body. The rehab work he put in with us shows he has the attitude to continue to get stronger and fitter. Loved watching him at his best but we’re not the club for him just now. Really hope he does well. 

Too slow

Beilik unlikely to play for Rams again. That's not so much of a problem as the financial hit the club are likely to face when the player leaves on a free. No one to blame for this other than the dreadful recruitment strategy we had at that time,  resulting in the club paying an excessively high fee for Beilik at a time the club could not afford it. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

Beilik unlikely to play for Rams again. That's not so much of a problem as the financial hit the club are likely to face when the player leaves on a free. No one to blame for this other than the dreadful recruitment strategy we had at that time,  resulting in the club paying an excessively high fee for Beilik at a time the club could not afford it. 

Although I agree entirely with your sentiments, I do think that with Bielik, as with George Thorne, they were players that should have actually have increased in value but for terrible injuries received very early in their Ram's careers. They weren't a Butterfield or a Johnson.

22 hours ago, Scott129 said:

Warne does this cryptic stuff sometimes.

When he first came in, I remember there was an injury to McGoldrick (I think) and, when asked about it, Warne replied to the effect of 'Is he? I don't know if he is.'

Just bizarre wording that makes it look like he doesn't know what's going on.

Agreed. It's an interesting thing he does.

It's just a deflection tactic to stop himself being quoted on something specific, 'I'm led to believe' and 'I dont know if he is' etc just moves the conversation on elsewhere.

I think the whole 'bobble hat' type stuff is similar. Allows Warne to control the narrative, project a particular image of himself and just guide the press into an arena he controls.  Its a deliberate technique that he pretends is completely off the cuff, but it feels a bit more contrived to me. Reminds me of Louis Theroux's wide-eyed, innocent kinda rambling approach, that you know it's just a way to keep people disarmed.

I find it interesting in general how managers engage.  I find it fascinating watching Frank Lampard now and he's clearly aware of the mannerisms he's had (frowning, being serious/intense and then joke/laugh big smile, on repeat) and he's obviously battling to not do it so much.