Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

48 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Sounds as though he has closed the door on us judging by that. 

He's hardly going to say "you won't see me back at this basket case of a club next season", whilst he's still got a few games to play for them. He's just come out with a stock neutral statement which shouldn't offend anyone, except a few on here.

Generic footballer comment to a journalist question.

Would be foolish to say I want to stay, if Birmingham or the manager have no intention of signing him, would return to Derby with his tail between his legs.

Say’s he wants to go back to Derby, doesn’t want to stay, then Warne tells him he’s not in his plans, would shoot himself in the foot.

He’s doing the best thing a professional footballer can do in that situation, leaving his options open and closing no doors.

Surely we’re all wise to this now, same as when a new player joins, it’s a big club, great fanbase, manager is great, some top players, straight out the PR handbook given to players when graduating from the academy.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Generic footballer comment to a journalist question.

Would be foolish to say I want to stay, if Birmingham or the manager have no intention of signing him, would return to Derby with his tail between his legs.

Say’s he wants to go back to Derby, doesn’t want to stay, then Warne tells him he’s not in his plans, would shoot himself in the foot.

He’s doing the best thing a professional footballer can do in that situation, leaving his options open and closing no doors.

Surely we’re all wise to this now, same as when a new player joins, it’s a big club, great fanbase, manager is great, some top players, straight out the PR handbook given to players when graduating from the academy.

Guess Bradley Johnson missed graduation day.🤔

I doubt Birmingham could afford him anyway and I mean his wages ( which they are not paying the full amount currently) they received substantial funds by improper means this season to finance different things and face any kind of sanction the EFL feel would be warranted - the EFL don’t seem to like Birmingham in the same vein that they wanted to do in DCFC 

People might not like it but if he’s around next season he plays, and probably immediately becomes the best player in the division. We don’t need to sell so unless he’s desperate to leave why would we? We can’t spend any money we might get for him anyway. Our midfield would be so much better with him in now, can control games, physical presence, and effective from set pieces in both boxes. Think if Rosenior had stayed he’d probably have come back in January, things might look different now if we had bought him back.

2 minutes ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

People might not like it but if he’s around next season he plays, and probably immediately becomes the best player in the division. We don’t need to sell so unless he’s desperate to leave why would we? We can’t spend any money we might get for him anyway. Our midfield would be so much better with him in now, can control games, physical presence, and effective from set pieces in both boxes. Think if Rosenior had stayed he’d probably have come back in January, things might look different now if we had bought him back.

I’m not sure there are that many that wouldn’t like to see him in the Derby team next season for the very reasons you suggest. However, he must be on significantly higher wages than any other player (which must have been factored into our business plan as part of our total wage bill) and, whilst we wouldn’t be able to spend any transfer fee received if we sold him at the moment, the funds could either go into the kitty for when we can spend again or used to pay off anything we may owe on him. If he goes next summer we’ll obviously get zilch for him but still have to pay Arsenal in full (if we haven’t already). 

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure there are that many that wouldn’t like to see him in the Derby team next season for the very reasons you suggest. However, he must be on significantly higher wages than any other player (which must have been factored into our business plan as part of our total wage bill) and, whilst we wouldn’t be able to spend any transfer fee received if we sold him at the moment, the funds could either go into the kitty for when we can spend again or used to pay off anything we may owe on him. If he goes next summer we’ll obviously get zilch for him but still have to pay Arsenal in full (if we haven’t already). 

I totally accept the point about his wages probably being high, but it was never cited as a reason for him going on loan in the first place (he wanted to give himself the best chance of playing at the World Cup), and by all accounts we could’ve recalled him if we wanted to, but Warne didn’t want any ‘hostages’, so if wages weren’t an issue before then it would be odd to make it an excuse now.

He’s also in that age bracket that we’re in major need of.

Edited by JustOneBiblicalKazim

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/krystian-bielik-reveals-derby-county-8346700

"I've got my last year at Derby and I hope they get to the play-offs," Bielik said.

"I think when they get to the play-off stage, if they get there, they have a massive chance to actually go up so I pray that they go up because this is important for me.

"This is my club still and I really support them, I hope they do it, they have a massive chance, they have a good team, so we will see what happens.

"In the summer, I'm trying to focus on the last five games and we will see with my agent, the people at Derby and we will see what we options do we have."

Edited by RoyMac5

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/krystian-bielik-reveals-derby-county-8346700

"I've got my last year at Derby and I hope they get to the play-offs," Bielik said.

"I think when they get to the play-off stage, if they get there, they have a massive chance to actually go up so I pray that they go up because this is important for me.

"This is my club still and I really support them, I hope they do it, they have a massive chance, they have a good team, so we will see what happens.

"In the summer, I'm trying to focus on the last five games and we will see with my agent, the people at Derby and we will see what we options do we have."

But he hates the club, I know it to be true above and beyond any words that actually come from the man himself because certain posters on here have said it loads of times…. 🙄 

Thanks for sharing this @RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

image.png.face9f5aee856ef1dabc06addfda6c20.png

Oh I’m all too aware he will likely move on this summer regardless. But to read into those specific quotes that he has “closed the door” on Derby is nonsense as he quite literally says he hasn’t, that’s the post I was responding to. 
As good as a fit Bielik can be on a football pitch I think it best for all parties if he did move on. He and his contract/fee are part of the Morris legacy. Moving him on and reinvesting the wage budget it frees up makes sense to me in this new chapter for the club.