Ipswich Away moved for Sky TV

Caerphilly Ram

So ruddy annoying. I have a hotel paid for in Norwich on the Friday night as am due there on an all day pub crawl. Was looking forward to falling out of the train the next morning, straight into the Station Hotel to met the growing contingent of fellow East Anglian Rams.

Oh well, bye bye hotel as not missing this one.

Thanks for thinking of the fans once again Sky, I hoped this wouldn't happen in this division.?

Only need to be at Derby train station for 4pm.
Then when the game finishes, it's a race to Ipswich train station to go to London, to get the tube across to the other side of London, to then change at Luton Airport, quickly change within 4 minutes on to the train up to Derby, and finally get back in Derby for 2:30am

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Perfect for us armchair away fans (who can't get tickets this season)

?

The reason you can't get tickets this season is because you are armchair fans! ?

Seriously, I am sure anyone who does want a ticket will now be able to get one, whatever their purchase history. Might help the East Anglian Ram contingent,  of whom there are quite a few on here.

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

The reason you can't get tickets this season is because you are armchair fans! ?

Seriously, I am sure anyone who does want a ticket will now be able to get one, whatever their purchase history. Might help the East Anglian Ram contingent,  of whom there are quite a few on here.

It's also decent for London Rams, taking a train out of Liverpool St and then the ground is very near the station. Ipswich my tip for the title so it will be a good challenge.

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

Unfortunately I now won't be able to go, but I'm sure a lot of the others this way will still make it. 

It's so frustrating when Sky do this, especially when it's the only game within an hour radius of me!

58 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, sorry, didn't mean to exclude the locals and any more regular home and awayers. We will be considerably down on numbers, though, because of this. 

It's hard enough to make a noise at Ipswich because of where we are tucked away as it is.

No you were right it is rubbish even working fairly locally its still rubbish going out of cambridge then home to all meet up then off. But what do sky care about working fans!!! The only upside is that it means we are deemed to be doing well

49 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

No you were right it is rubbish even working fairly locally its still rubbish going out of cambridge then home to all meet up then off. But what do sky care about working fans!!! The only upside is that it means we are deemed to be doing well

And potentially some extra tv money? Not sure how it works in league one but you’d think we would get some sort of cash boost for being a televised game. ?  I know that doesn’t make the impact on travelling fans ok, just trying to find a silver lining of sorts. 

42 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

And potentially some extra tv money? Not sure how it works in league one but you’d think we would get some sort of cash boost for being a televised game. ?  I know that doesn’t make the impact on travelling fans ok, just trying to find a silver lining of sorts. 

£10k for away side

One possible option is to park and get the train at stowmarket just off the a14 - regular service into Ipswich and quickly back on the a14 post match. No issues with parking at stowmarket station on my previous trips to Ipswich